Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 Episode 1 "Two Swords" : HAVE read the books

Options
  • 04-04-2014 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Well the wait is nearly over. Really looking forward to seeing how the Red Viper is portrayed among other things. From what I've read about the first episode on a few sites it sounds brilliant. There is obviously going to be more changes from the books to suit the show like how Jaime is in KL's too early. Can't wait!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Clearly we're going to see Ice melted down and Oathkeeper & Widow's Wail forged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Judging by the trailers the Red Viper is going to be portrayed as an excellent passive aggressive alpha badass! I love that scenes with Cersei and Tywin where she tries to belittle Ellaria Sand and the Red Viper keeps smiling, smiling, smiling.....

Looking forward to seeing Cersei's reaction to Jaime with the missing hand - all we got to see last season was a look of relief from her followed by a downward look of shame/worry from him. Now lets see how she handles the enormity of how much he has changed and not just physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Sleepy wrote: »
    Clearly we're going to see Ice melted down and Oathkeeper & Widow's Wail forged.

Opening scene I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The dragons are looking big! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sleepy wrote: »
    The dragons are looking big! :D

I'd expect Cersei to ban Jamie from the wedding...a simple way to get Jamie more sympathy from the tv audience, and further the tension between them quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'd expect Cersei to ban Jamie from the wedding...a simple way to get Jamie more sympathy from the tv audience, and further the tension between them quickly.

It would also resolve the problem about Jamie not being in Kings Landing for the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It would also resolve the problem about Jamie not being in Kings Landing for the wedding.

Yep, dunno why my original post quoted Sleepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Looking forward to seeing Cersei's reaction to Jaime with the missing hand - all we got to see last season was a look of relief from her followed by a downward look of shame/worry from him. Now lets see how she handles the enormity of how much he has changed and not just physically.

I can't believe they missed the opportunity to film the scene of their first meeting in the books- riding on the alter of the mother over the dead body of their incest begotten son seems right up the TV series' alley. I only read the books since last series but I was irked by the fact that they sacrificed lots of important plot points to gratuitous sex scenes.

I also wonder where they're going with the iron born storyline and Stannis at the wall. Afair Asha was off to rescue Theon, but will Balon die and the kingsmoot be held first? I'm wondering how they'll fit this in with her capture/Deepwood Motte?

Part of me thinks that Jofferys wedding should be early on in the season with Tyrions escape and Tywin and Shaes murders as the big finale, but I'm not sure how it will play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    I can't believe they missed the opportunity to film the scene of their first meeting in the books- riding on the alter of the mother over the dead body of their incest begotten son seems right up the TV series' alley.

I think they're going ahead with that, it's just not their first scene together.

Stannis is going north too but he's stopping off in Braavos according to the trailers. Presumably to introduce the Iron Bank so when they turn up in KL looking for their gold dragons and Cersei tells them to get lost, the show people understand why they fund Stannis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Surprised S04E01 hasn't leaked somewhere yet, I seem to remember the first ep of season 3 leaking early last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭Sir Chops

Will there be much of the knob-less Reek?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Surprised S04E01 hasn't leaked somewhere yet, I seem to remember the first ep of season 3 leaking early last year.

That happened with an episode in season 2 iirc and only once I'm pretty sure it was the second episode and not the first one but not entity sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That happened with an episode in season 2 iirc and only once I'm pretty sure it was the second episode and not the first one but not entity sure.

HBO Go released episode two of season two straight after the season two premier of episode one. That was leaked. Lots of fans regretted it because they then had to wait two weeks for episode three.

Blay wrote: »
    Stannis is going north too but he's stopping off in Braavos according to the trailers.

Anyone know where they filmed Braavos? In my mind it's like Venice in winter. If they're transposing Stannis' meeting with the banker to Braavos I wonder how they'll contrive to get him to the wall, although they could just leave that out.
    Sir Chops wrote: »
    Will there be much of the knob-less Reek?

I hope not. They really dragged it out last season, I thought so even before I read the books. I found it weird that they focused on the Theon torture to establish what a cúnt Ramsey is without expanding on all of the other heinous stuff he does in the books- forcing Lady Hornwood into marriage and her subsequent imprisonment and starvation; murdering his own half brother and Roose's legitimate heir, using women for hunting practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I hope not. They really dragged it out last season, I thought so even before I read the books. I found it weird that they focused on the Theon torture to establish what a cúnt Ramsey is without expanding on all of the other heinous stuff he does in the books- forcing Lady Hornwood into marriage and her subsequent imprisonment and starvation; murdering his own half brother and Roose's legitimate heir, using women for hunting practice.
    That is a particularly twisted hobby of his. If they give him a good chase, he'll be merciful and only rape and kill them. If they give up to soon, he'll rape them and flay them alive :eek:

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    That is a particularly twisted hobby of his. If they give him a good chase, he'll be merciful and only rape and kill them. If they give up to soon, he'll rape them and flay them alive :eek:

He also named his dogs after the ones that give him the best sport...the misogyny runs that deep. He's one of the scariest characters in the book IMO along with Biter and the Mountain. Pity the actor who plays him is a bit lacking.

I found it weird that they focused on the Theon torture to establish what a cúnt Ramsey is without expanding on all of the other heinous stuff he does in the books- forcing Lady Hornwood into marriage and her subsequent imprisonment and starvation; murdering his own half brother and Roose's legitimate heir, using women for hunting practice.

Yeah but in the tv show they have him give hope to Theon, release him, send the guards after him, rescue him, KILL 6 OF HIS OWN MEN, bring him to his sister, and straight back to the very same cell just to see that look on Theons face and to fû ck him up mentally. And the temptation with the girls too - all just to make the torture worse.

I reckon season 4 will have Bolton will give some exposition on ramsays murder of Domeric, and the Bastards boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Yeah but in the tv show they have him give hope to Theon, release him, send the guards after him, rescue him, KILL 6 OF HIS OWN MEN, bring him to his sister, and straight back to the very same cell just to see that look on Theons face and to fû ck him up mentally. And the temptation with the girls too - all just to make the torture worse.

I reckon season 4 will have Bolton will give some exposition on ramsays murder of Domeric, and the Bastards boys.
    Between the tv show and books, my memory is getting blurred. Is the Ramsay/Arya wedding due this season? He's not exactly husband material.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I found it weird that they focused on the Theon torture to establish what a cúnt Ramsey is without expanding on all of the other heinous stuff he does in the books- using women for hunting practice.
    Trailer #4 for Season 4 has one of Ramsey's lady friends shooting an arrow at an unidentified girl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I haven't read past book 3 so simply popping in to say "OMG I AM SO EXCITE"

Now, good day book readers, I dare not get spoilered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Me for the next few hours...

Ron-Swanson-is-excited.gif

The big decision - to nap until 1.45 am or try to stay awake?

Oberyn kicking ass from the get go:pac:

'What the ****'s a Lommy?':pac:

That inn scene was hilarious:pac: Fcuking love the Hound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Blay wrote: »
    'What the ****'s a Lommy?':pac:

That inn scene was hilarious:pac: Fcuking love the Hound

Arya and the Hound are great together. The Hound love's a chicken :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Every single scene just ****ing nailed it. Nailed it so good.

God I missed this show.

I completely lost my **** when Jamie waved goodbye to Qyburn with his golden hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Winced a lot at changes from the books. After Oberyn's gay scene I was ready to write it off, throwing in sex scenes for cheap character growth rather than grow the character through dialogue. Ellaria being shunted for a conversation with Tyrion completely goes against his book character too where if I remember correctly he made a point of saying that she was to hear everything he did.

The Hound and Arya saved it, even though I'd read the books I was still finding it difficult enough to keep up with some things, maybe because I was trying to get their non-butchered version of their characters.

Saw someone moaning over on Westeros.org because the necklace Sansa got wasn't purple..christ almighty:pac:

Promo for the next episode:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Definitely going with the jealous/spurned Shae approach. Ridiculous.

Advertisement