Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bay Breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

had a pint of the Peanut Butter Stout tonight, it's subtle but nice, but it is served way too cold imo

also re: Beoir vouchers, I was buying two pints, produced two vouchers only to be told that they only accept one at a time :confused:

I couldn't have been arsed arguing as the "discretion of the bar staff" on the back has them covered...but really...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ah leave it out Bud!

This line of posting will lead to trouble.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

BMJD wrote: »
    I was buying two pints, produced two vouchers only to be told that they only accept one at a time :confused:

I couldn't have been arsed arguing as the "discretion of the bar staff" on the back has them covered...but really...
    Were you buying two pints for yourself? :confused: If not, it's the "Non-transferable" bit that has them covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Full sail on cask in the black sheep at the mo. Very impressed. Just Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Had some yesterday. Lovely stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

BeerNut wrote: »
    Were you buying two pints for yourself? :confused: If not, it's the "Non-transferable" bit that has them covered.

Exactly, the vouchers are to encourage people to join Beoir, not for cheaper pints for non-members

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Seaneh wrote: »
    Lets hope it's still on come Wednesday, as I shan't be able to wander that fat before then.

Ease off the beer and the weight will drop off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Having a full sail in Alfies on a clean palette, it really has improved immeasurably

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

slayerking wrote: »
    Full sail on cask in the black sheep at the mo. Very impressed. Just Delicious.

I'd say Full Sail on cask is my number one beer at the moment, waiting for something better to come along but that might never happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I'd say Full Sail on cask is my number one beer at the moment, waiting for something better to come along but that might never happen!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lucena View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmezIIrFQmY&feature=kp

How do I insert videos directly, as opposed to having a direct link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lucena wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmezIIrFQmY&feature=kp

How do I insert videos directly, as opposed to having a direct link?

[YOUTUBE**]vmezIIrFQmY[**/YOUTUBE]

Remove the **'s

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

You can just use the whole link now as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

I've just been informed that Maguire's in Athlone have Augustiner Helles on draught for €5.80 a pint - considerably better value than the €7 Brewdock/Cottage group were charging for it in Dublin - I didn't take up the Brewdock offer.

Last Year in Munich I paid €3.50 for a half litre of Augustiner and €5.50 for it in Bergamo Italy.

€7 a pint is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

upforit101 wrote: »
    I've just been informed that Maguire's in Athlone have Augustiner Helles on draught for €5.80 a pint - considerably better value than the €7 Brewdock/Cottage group were charging for it in Dublin.

To be fair, if I was paying €5.80 for a pint of something in Athlone I would expect it to be pushing 7 quid in Dublin city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

God dammit.

Just been told that myself and my brother left the BD without paying for our food on Sunday. It was a genuine mistake too, just completely forgot about it - and this is after the barman spotted me a celebratory pint too.

I don't know the next time I'll be in there, but I'll deffo set it right.

God dammit.

Just been told that myself and my brother left the BD without paying for our food on Sunday. It was a genuine mistake too, just completely forgot about it - and this is after the barman spotted me a celebratory pint too.

If you call them they *should* be able to charge you by card over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

God dammit.

Seaneh wrote: »
    If you call them they *should* be able to charge you by card over the phone.

Yeah they can definitely take payment over the phone, did the same thing myself in AtG last year, was scarlet but they were very nice about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

was scarlet but they were very nice about it.

"A-1 Sharron" :P

I did the same thing in Kavanagh's last year while rushing for my bus one night. I tweeted them when I was on the bus and had realised my mistake. Sorted it out a few days later, no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Bunch of thieves the lot of you. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

They really should just give you the bill when the food is done. Its happened to me too but when your having many drinks after the meal wothout paying i think the blame is partially with them.

In a positive development, just saw on their bookface that GBB are making a collaborative beer with an American brewery on Friday and will release more details on the day.

Hopefully it's something exciting.

Good stuff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Hopefully it's with Anheuser-Busch - in time for 4th July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

I'm fairly regularly in the black sheep these days. Absolutely love the place, myself and my buddy often sit at the bar and have a waffle with the bar staff about the beer and they're all sound as a pound.

Was talking to them recently though and they mentioned they are changing a lot of the taps shortly. Most of the stuff that's going is stuff I don't really drink anyway but the ultimate aim is to have quite a small number of rotation taps and more of their own beers.

They've been turning out admittedly excellent stuff for a good while now, but half the fun of going to a craft beer pub is getting to try out weird and wonderful stuff on draft, particularly in my case, stuff I've tried in bottles or cans at home.

I'd hate to lose some of that variety, even if I'd still patronise the Galway bay bars for the excellent ambiance and their often brilliant own-brews.

Without giving anything away, GB will be releasing some new beers that will be very reasonably priced. I wasn't specifically asked not to say anything but because it came from the owner, I'll only hint about it.

I know one of them is a California Common. Wonder what the others are.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Most of the stuff that's going is stuff I don't really drink anyway.
    I think they realised that the €6.50 pints of BrewDog was doing more harm to their reputation than it was putting money in the till. Much as I like Punk and 5AM, taking them off the bar sends the right message to whomever is setting that price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Saruman wrote: »
    Without giving anything away, GB will be releasing some new beers that will be very reasonably priced. I wasn't specifically asked not to say anything but because it came from the owner, I'll only hint about it.

Well, you've pretty much given it away now so why not go all the way?!

• Advertisement

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Well, you've pretty much given it away now so why not go all the way?!

Yeah, do it, you know we want you to :P

I'd say the expansion of capacity from the new brew house is the catalyst here. Thankfully.

Advertisement