Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 games XV Marketplace

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just had my last order for Ghosts cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Just had my last order for Ghosts cancelled.

What was the order number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Tesco is selling off a load of their games for a fiver and a tenner if anyone feels the missed out on the bargains here and they want to console themselves.

Bayonetta, Uncharted 3, Condemned 2, Dark Souls Limited Edition, Arkham City, All Saints 3, Enslaved, Little Big Planet, Fallout New Vegas, Lost Planet 2, Dead Island, Castlevania, Assassin's Creed 2 and a load of others are on sale for a fiver.

There's some like Street Fighter v Tekken, Hitman Absolution, Silent Hill: Downpour, Assassin's Creed 3, Devil May Cry HD Collection and a couple others too on sale for a tenner.

There was a Ratchet and Clank one for 3 euros but I can't remember which one.

All depends on what they have in store. I was in a couple of Tescos over the course of the day and some of these were in different shops - not all of them together. A great sale though.

Obviously, these are all PS3 but there's a corresponding number of good titles for Xbox and loads on sale for the Wii as well as DS and 3DS. Even saw them selling off the old PSP games for 3 euro I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Tesco is selling off a load of their games for a fiver and a tenner if anyone feels the missed out on the bargains here and they want to console themselves.

Bayonetta, Uncharted 3, Condemned 2, Dark Souls Limited Edition, Arkham City, All Saints 3, Enslaved, Little Big Planet, Fallout New Vegas, Lost Planet 2, Dead Island, Castlevania, Assassin's Creed 2 and a load of others are on sale for a fiver.

There's some like Street Fighter v Tekken, Hitman Absolution, Silent Hill: Downpour, Assassin's Creed 3, Devil May Cry HD Collection and a couple others too on sale for a tenner.

All depends on what they have in store. I was in a couple of Tescos over the course of the day and some of these were in different shops - not all of them together. A great sale though.

Obviously, these are all PS3 but there's a corresponding number of good titles for Xbox and loads on sale for the Wii as well as DS and 3DS. Even saw them selling off the old PSP games for 3 euro I think.
    All Saints 3, a must have, haha j/k thanks for the info, no deals in local tesco but I'll check around

lmimmfn wrote: »
    All Saints 3, a must have, haha j/k thanks for the info, no deals in local tesco but I'll check around

They mightn't be marked down in some of the shops so it's worth bringing them up to the scanner and checking the price there.

• Advertisement

Also, forgot to mention, They're selling off the Play TVs for a fiver and the Eyepet game boxed with the camera for a fiver as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

I was in Tesco Douglas last night and there was a decent selection of xbox games for €5/€10

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Livemeat

Check out game.co.uk its a pretty decent place for preowned games and consoles even if its in pounds. I bought xbox 360 slim 250gb preowned, charge and play kit and 2 games for about 140 in euro. Also ordered some preowned ps3 and xbox games i been meaning to play for around 2 to 5 pounds each depending on the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Livemeat wrote: »
    Check out game.co.uk its a pretty decent place for preowned games and consoles even if its in pounds. I bought xbox 360 slim 250gb preowned, charge and play kit and 2 games for about 140 in euro. Also ordered some preowned ps3 and xbox games i been meaning to play for around 2 to 5 pounds each depending on the game.

Hmmm ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I certainly won't be buying again from Xtravision. I won't even buy in store because of my experience with them. I ordered on 4th April. I tried calling them during their customer service opening hours and all I got was a recording stating that the customer service line was open at certain hours. I was calling during those hours. So I emailed last Tuesday. No reply still. However, I did receive one game today, but it was not the one on the invoice, nor was it one that I ordered. My advise is to stay away from this joke of a company no matter how tempting the offers are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

traprunner wrote: »
    I certainly won't be buying again from Xtravision. I won't even buy in store because of my experience with them. I ordered on 4th April. I tried calling them during their customer service opening hours and all I got was a recording stating that the customer service line was open at certain hours. I was calling during those hours. So I emailed last Tuesday. No reply still. However, I did receive one game today, but it was not the one on the invoice, nor was it one that I ordered. My advise is to stay away from this joke of a company no matter how tempting the offers are.

I think there prity sound , granted half Of my games got cancelled but that was expected from the start . For 3 euro a game and allot of them being farely new releases I can accept some screw ups they make , after all I now have hours of game play to catch up on.
    Just my 2 cents tho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Dustin Johnson

joke of a company lmfao i got all my games people have diff opinions

its like booking a hotel some will say its a ****hole others 4 star lol

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

I got my last game on Friday (of 16 total)

It was meant to be WWE 2K14 for the PS3 but instead I got Dead Island Riptide for the X360.........with no disk in the box! Strangely enough the invoice had it listed as WWE 2K14 and unlike all the other games I received my address was hand written on the package.

Not too bothered anyway, will contact them for a refund but did incredibly well out of this deal overall.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

My advise is to stay away from this joke of a company no matter how tempting the offers are.

Sucks for you, but I won't/wouldn't be be boycotting them over it, this was stupidly good offer and if they did it again I'd be all over it, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I think there prity sound , granted half Of my games got cancelled but that was expected from the start . For 3 euro a game and allot of them being farely new releases I can accept some screw ups they make , after all I now have hours of game play to catch up on.
    Just my 2 cents tho

If items are being cancelled because they don't have them then there is an issue with their processes which don't appear to be getting resolved (judging by this thread). If you go into a shop to buy milk they wont sell you milk that they don't have.

joke of a company lmfao i got all my games people have diff opinions

its like booking a hotel some will say its a ****hole others 4 star lol

I understand that some people will have different opinions but first impressions count. This operation appears to be shoddy and not run very well and therefore they will not get any further custom from me.

If I pay for something I expect to get it. If I call customer service during their opening hours I expect it to be open ( I tried a few days in a row). If I send an email to a company about an order I expect a reply in less than a week. That is all basic customer service.

I ordered 12 games in total. I got 4 cancelled, which I was told about in the dispatch emails and I've received 6 so far. I've only been charged for the games I got. Can't say I've any problems with the service. It would have been nice to get some of the games that got cancelled but I'm more than happy with the ones I got. Looking forward to getting stuck into the copy of MGS4 that came today…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I agree. It was a bit disorganised considering they allowed you to order games that were not in stock, but the deal was excellent and I only got charged for games I received. So I would use the service again.

If they charged you for games you didn't receive (or didn't refund you) that would be another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I have only received one game from 3 weeks ago and no dispatch email.
    I received one from my order made on Thursday and received a dispatch email with 2 cancelled.

I don't think I have been refunded for the 2 cancelled, but I can't be 100% at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Livemeat

I made another order recently but it was returned to my bank account showing as PURCHASE ADJ but its showing as approved on the xv account. Anyone have this issue? Also my last two order amounts were returned to my account eventhough i received all the orders although some were cancelled so im assuming a new amount will be taken out?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Livemeat wrote: »
    I made another order recently but it was returned to my bank account showing as PURCHASE ADJ but its showing as approved on the xv account. Anyone have this issue? Also my last two order amounts were returned to my account eventhough i received all the orders although some were cancelled so im assuming a new amount will be taken out?

I tried to buy some stuff today and I'm pretty sure the payment went through (possibly more than once because I had to enter my visa secure password more than once) but the order confirmation page wouldn't load.

So it seems you got the better side of this issue than me :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I tried to buy some stuff today and I'm pretty sure the payment went through (possibly more than once because I had to enter my visa secure password more than once) but the order confirmation page wouldn't load.

So it seems you got the better side of this issue than me :/

Actually just got the confirmation order email so I guess it worked after all.

i ordered The Last Of Us, was 20 euro with 2 euro delivery, still a good deal( using the 5 euro off deal )

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Got a cancellation email for the last of us about a week ago, now it's showing as in stock again....

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Got a cancellation email for the last of us about a week ago, now it's showing as in stock again....
    yeah mine was dispatched yesterday( its 25 quid though or 20 with the 5euro off voucher, it doesnt seem to be on the 4 for 15euro now )

Out of curiosity, did anyone get The Last of Us in that 4 for €12 offer. No need to tell us if you traded in. Just wondering if it was cancelled for everyone. I hadn't ordered myself as I had just got half price on the PS Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Out of curiosity, did anyone get The Last of Us in that 4 for €12 offer. No need to tell us if you traded in. Just wondering if it was cancelled for everyone. I hadn't ordered myself as I had just got half price on the PS Store.

is it still half price in the PS Store? If so how much is it?

Cjs21 wrote: »
    is it still half price in the PS Store? If so how much is it?

It was about two months ago for a fortnight. I think it was about €25. I'm sure it'll be on sale again at some stage. I usually keep tabs on the Playstation Blog to see what's on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

I did as did a friend of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I received it from the 4 for €12 on PS3.
    I only got 5 of 8 that I ordered so I was surprised that the Last of Us was one of them but I got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

I got it. It's the Joel edition too.
    Got the game in one package and the extra bits in another.
    So it cost them €3 to send me a game I paid €3 for - Madness! :D

Advertisement