Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Poolman's signed a new 2 year deal. Delighted with this as I thought things had been too quiet and he was maybe heading off to the Debt Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

S12b wrote: »
    I'd say it's more in general rather than defensive issues at 13, you wouldn't characterise him as much of a beast in the tackle....I'd say he could be prone to falling off tackles if big lads were sent hard down his channel.....that's just my take on it now.

yeah exactly what I meant. And that's a bigger issue at 13 than it is for a FB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Beyond delighted we keeping Danie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Quinn Roux has been dropped altogether? That's a bit strange. He's been quiet the last couple of matches but overall I thought he was doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Hup ya boya, I came on here to post this stat I just saw on twitter about Dani....talk about good timing!! :D

https://twitter.com/OptaJonny/status/573513789078900736

• Advertisement

Hup ya boya, I came on here to post this stat I just saw on twitter about Dani....talk about good timing!! :D

https://twitter.com/OptaJonny/status/573513789078900736

May we wish he does those clean breaks against Cardiff, and for once, gets the needed support!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

I'd say it's more in general rather than defensive issues at 13, you wouldn't characterise him as much of a beast in the tackle....I'd say he could be prone to falling off tackles if big lads were sent hard down his channel.....that's just my take on it now.

Don't think there is any precedent for that line of thinking on Leader, "beast in the tackle" certainly wouldn't be part of the pre-requisite for any center. I'd be more interested in how they fit in a defensive system.

Think it was a bad call picking Mils tomorrow. That 4G surface will demand a quick game and I don't think Mils has that required pace anymore.

its_phil wrote: »
    Don't think there is any precedent for that line of thinking on Leader, "beast in the tackle" certainly wouldn't be part of the pre-requisite for any center. I'd be more interested in how they fit in a defensive system.

That line of thinking comes from lads who have played with him all the way up from underage. He rarely dominates collisions and while you get away with that as last man at 15 where you simply have to take your man down, at 13 it could lead to a lot of half breaks, off-loads etc. Personally, I'd have no issue with Darragh playing 13 but it would be naive to suggest there would be no concerns about him falling off tackles. Lam seems to favour the defensive solidity of Poolman.

That line of thinking comes from lads who have played with him all the way up from underage. He rarely dominates collisions and while you get away with that as last man at 15 where you simply have to take your man down, at 13 it could lead to a lot of half breaks, off-loads etc. Personally, I'd have no issue with Darragh playing 13 but it would be naive to suggest there would be no concerns about him falling off tackles. Lam seems to favour the defensive solidity of Poolman.

Huge difference between being last man at 15 and defending at 13. Last man at 15 you're gambling a little bit on what the linebreaker is going to do with all the space available, while at 13 you have the support of a 12 and winger inside. Two completley different positions for defending.

I don't have a problem with Poolman at 13 and am not calling for Leader at 13, I'm simply making the point that I don't think calling him weak defensivley is correct

its_phil wrote: »
    Huge difference between being last man at 15 and defending at 13. Last man at 15 you're gambling a little bit on what the linebreaker is going to do with all the space available, while at 13 you have the support of a 12 and winger inside. Two completley different positions for defending.

I don't have a problem with Poolman at 13 and am not calling for Leader at 13, I'm simply making the point that I don't think calling him weak defensivley is correct

still calling him : Weak defensively at 15. For 13, I think nobody saw him enough there to judge...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

He turns 26 on Tuesday so he's just coming into his prime. That's a great coup for Connacht as I'm sure Leinster or Munster would gladly have Poolman in their squad.

Leinster team well capable of doing us a favour against Scarlets.....

15. Zane Kirchner
    14. Fergus McFadden
    13. Ben Te'o
    12. Gordon D'Arcy
    11. Luke Fitzgerald
    10. Jimmy Gopperth
    9. Eoin Reddan

1. Cian Healy
    2. Sean Cronin
    3. Marty Moore
    4. Mike McCarthy
    5. Kane Douglas
    6. Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN
    7. Dominic Ryan
    8. Jack Conan

16. Richardt Strauss
    17. Michael Bent
    18. Tadhg Furlong
    19. Tom Denton
    20. Josh van der Flier
    21. Isaac Boss
    22. Noel Reid
    23. Dave Kearney

15. Zane Kirchner
    14. Fergus McFadden
    13. Ben Te'o
    12. Gordon D'Arcy
    11. Luke Fitzgerald
    10. Jimmy Gopperth
    9. Eoin Reddan

1. Cian Healy
    2. Sean Cronin
    3. Marty Moore
    4. Mike McCarthy
    5. Kane Douglas
    6. Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN
    7. Dominic Ryan
    8. Jack Conan

16. Richardt Strauss
    17. Michael Bent
    18. Tadhg Furlong
    19. Tom Denton
    20. Josh van der Flier
    21. Isaac Boss
    22. Noel Reid
    23. Dave Kearney

+ 2 former Connachtmen, willing to do us a favour;)

connachta wrote: »
    + 2 former Connachtmen, willing to do us a favour;)

3 ;)

wprathead wrote: »
    3 ;)

You're adding Reddan in the mix? Don't know if he does remember, 12 years ago^^

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

15. Zane Kirchner
    14. Fergus McFadden
    13. Ben Te'o
    12. Gordon D'Arcy
    11. Luke Fitzgerald
    10. Jimmy Gopperth
    9. Eoin Reddan

1. Cian Healy
    2. Sean Cronin
    3. Marty Moore
    4. Mike McCarthy
    5. Kane Douglas
    6. Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN
    7. Dominic Ryan
    8. Jack Conan

16. Richardt Strauss
    17. Michael Bent
    18. Tadhg Furlong
    19. Tom Denton
    20. Josh van der Flier
    21. Isaac Boss
    22. Noel Reid
    23. Dave Kearney
    dirjwlfjugw3bsidu4pl.jpg

Robbo wrote: »
    dirjwlfjugw3bsidu4pl.jpg

disgusting!:pac: (and not because of the Leinster's colours)

That leinster frontrow!!!!!

wprathead wrote: »
    That leinster frontrow!!!!!
    And Healy on a mission since he only got a few minutes last week. I won't have cheered on a Leinster team so much since their semi-final against Clermont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

Really hope I'm wrong on this. As s12b pointed out the synthetic pitch will not suit mils. If you take the bench, and on the assumption that dani doesn't have a great game at centre then darragh goes in at centre, dani to wing and tiernan to fb. I simply don't get why conor wasn't at least on bench. Anyways fingers crossed

• Advertisement

What a run by Healy! He is the form winger in this country for past month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

What a take by toh, what a run by healy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

TRY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

No try

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

If ref went to TMO, there wouldn't be a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

If ref went to TMO, there wouldn't be a try!

He has :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

What the fuch? How was that allowed?

Referee changed his mind after awarding the try. Oh well. Right outcome in the end.

Good man Jake!!

• Advertisement

TRY! No TMO required this time. Great maul.

Advertisement