Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dallas Cowboys Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

another weekend another loss by less than a TD
    Garrett has confirmed Kellan Moore will start v Bills..
    Bye bye Matt Cassell...

Draft and free agency 2016 is going to be vital for the cowboys now..
    We could build a superstar team with some astute deals in the off season..
    we're not that far off
    Offense has killed us this season
    4 different quarter backs tells you everything..
    Look at the pats, they've lost almost all their back field offense and are still winning games due to Brady's astute game management.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Thank god that's over.... easily the worst season I've endured since the late 80's....

Hope Carolina go on and win the whole thing now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Thank god that's over.... easily the worst season I've endured since the late 80's....

Hope Carolina go on and win the whole thing now.

Garrett still at a .500 record
    He needs to dramatically improve next season with 3 pro bowl players on offense this season and a top 4 draft pick this year.
    It'll be interesting to see who's cut from the squad now.
    In terms of who wins the super bowl I've no idea but i'll be rooting for the patriots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

brinty wrote: »
    In terms of who wins the super bowl I've no idea but i'll be rooting for everyone but the patriots.

FYP

Bumping the Cowboys thread ;)

So gents whats the thoughts on free agency and upcoming draft/

Who'd you like to see being kept from the 20 free agents we have? Anyone you'd like to see picked up in the draft??

We've pick no 4 in the draft. Who'd you go for??

For me free agents will be very interesting, I think we'll keep some of the players on the list others aren't worth it.

Free agency (coming in) and draft will hopefully help solve some of the gaps. I'd sat the draft will see us concentrate on the D line again this year and possibly taking Hargreaves or Bosa if they're on the board if we don't trade the 4 spot. We could do with some corners and edge rushers in FA or draft too.

The big thing is to get a solid reliable back up to Tony. Be it a young veteran (RG3, Kaepernick) if there's one available in or draft a QB (although this class doesn't look great for options).

• Advertisement

The big thing is to get a solid reliable back up to Tony. Be it a young veteran (RG3, Kaepernick) if there's one available in or draft a QB (although this class doesn't look great for options).

This.

The rest will sort itself out, at least to a level to compete for the divisional title, but without backup at QB its 2015 rinsed & repeated.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Demarcus Lawrence is now facing a 4 game ban, joining Gregory on the sidelines. Appropriate given what day it is today I guess. And just when everything was falling into place in the draft for them to take Ramsey at 4 and give them a really good secondary for once. Guess they will end up taking Bosa now, who will be a very good player I'm sure, just not on the Ramsey level.

Double C wrote: »
    Demarcus Lawrence is now facing a 4 game ban, joining Gregory on the sidelines. Appropriate given what day it is today I guess. And just when everything was falling into place in the draft for them to take Ramsey at 4 and give them a really good secondary for once. Guess they will end up taking Bosa now, who will be a very good player I'm sure, just not on the Ramsey level.

I'm I being stupid to ask what you mean re the day???

I still don't see Ramsey being available, I think the chargers take him and we're fielding calls at 4 for Tunsil. Ideal scenario is Tennesse come looking for Tunsil but I doubt they make that big of a jump from 15 after all the picks they got. maybe the giants look to trade up and we might be able to take zeke at 10. Or possibly Noah Spence or Shaq Lawson (my best DE in the Draft)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Cowboys to play the Rams preseason Saturday 13 August 2016 at the old Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (Ram's new temporary home) 5PM Pacific time.

I'm I being stupid to ask what you mean re the day???

I still don't see Ramsey being available, I think the chargers take him and we're fielding calls at 4 for Tunsil. Ideal scenario is Tennesse come looking for Tunsil but I doubt they make that big of a jump from 15 after all the picks they got. maybe the giants look to trade up and we might be able to take zeke at 10. Or possibly Noah Spence or Shaq Lawson (my best DE in the Draft)

Haha it's reckless speculation that he was smoking weed, yesterday was 4/20. The date means something for stoners for some reason.

Couldn't see Dallas and New York trading, unless they offer the house. The Chargers could do with a good tackle instead of the two ordinary ones they have so I wouldn't be surprised you see them take Tunsil. That would give Dallas their choice of defensive players. A trade down would make a lot of sense if the right offer comes along, but if Ramsey of there they should definitely take him.

• Advertisement

If ramsey is there at 4 we take him
    I don't care if he's played at CB or S
    we have to take him

Well lads, not really surprised by that 1R draft pick (Elliot), best RB available IMO, any opinions yourselves?
    The real questions come in the later rounds IMO.

DvB wrote:
    Well lads, not really surprised by that 1R draft pick (Elliot), best RB available IMO, any opinions yourselves? The real questions come in the later rounds IMO.

Not surprised at all
    Jerry gets his new triplets
    Ramsey is a hybrid cb or safety and Byron already fulfills that for us

That we went back in for lynch and narrowly failed was the drama for me

I think we take Noah Spence at 34 then address QB in round three

Once it came to a choice between Ramsey and Elliott they couldn't have messed it up. I would have preferred Ramsey but not exactly disappointed with Zeke. Interesting that Jack is still on the board, he would be an injury risk obviously but he played all last year with no problem so they might look at him. Pity Nkemdiche didn't fall further, he would have been a good Jerry pick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Well lads, moving to the Dallas area this weekend and have been looking into getting tickets for the Bears game in late September. Anyone been to a game there? Any advice regarding the game day experience there? Particularly for a non-Cowboys fan going into enemy territory...

Well lads, moving to the Dallas area this weekend and have been looking into getting tickets for the Bears game in late September. Anyone been to a game there? Any advice regarding the game day experience there? Particularly for a non-Cowboys fan going into enemy territory...
    Just gonna bump this as I'm looking into buying tickets in the next day or two. Anybody been?

Just gonna bump this as I'm looking into buying tickets in the next day or two. Anybody been?

I haven't
    Sorry
    Extremely jealous right now

I haven't
    Sorry
    Extremely jealous right now

Great, I'll bump it again in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Moved over in 2009 and just left last year. Tickets are usually pretty easy to find, don't buy any parking passes or anything. if you can try and park at the closest 6 flags car park. should be across the road from rangers stadium and will be $20. Easy enough walk to the stadium. Be prepared to pay through the roof for food and drink too. Also if you have a missus or going with a girl they are very strict on bags allowed into stadium, they'll sell you a clear plastic right size cowboys bag otherwise she will be turned back if its any bigger than a postcard basically.

Trippie wrote: »
    Moved over in 2009 and just left last year. Tickets are usually pretty easy to find, don't buy any parking passes or anything. if you can try and park at the closest 6 flags car park. should be across the road from rangers stadium and will be $20. Easy enough walk to the stadium. Be prepared to pay through the roof for food and drink too. Also if you have a missus or going with a girl they are very strict on bags allowed into stadium, they'll sell you a clear plastic right size cowboys bag otherwise she will be turned back if its any bigger than a postcard basically.
    Thanks, had heard parking is very expensive for it alright, will probably just get a cab tbh. As for the bag, I'm more worried about bringing an infant, I know you don't need a ticket for a child this young (under a year) but we won't survive the length of the game without nappies, bottles, wipes, and all the other crap that you lug around with a babby.

Regarding seats, are there any places you wouldn't bother buying a ticket for? I've heard in some spots you're so far from the game you basically end up watching in the jumbotron. Now, seeing those screens is in itself a bit of a novelty but I do want to watch live and in the flesh as well!!

Is the atmosphere good? Have been to soldier field twice and found it a bit lacklustre the last time, until the game really heated up. Now, twas fairly cold and the bears were not playing well...so what's the atmosphere like at a cowboys game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Driving will save you a lot of time and money, taxi's are expensive in dallas. Where will you be oving to out of interest? I'd check in advance with regards to the kids necessities, here is the websites list.

http://attstadium.com/guests/guestInfo.cfm

Regarding seats I've generally been in founders club or 200's as the wife got company tickets.

http://blog.fandeavor.com/2014/04/16/best-seats-at-att-stadium-dallas-cowboys/

Atmosphere is very hit and miss, was at two eagles games which were good and a redskins game two years ago which was awful. Dallas sports fans are very fickle, if winning they will be involved, if not then it'll be a selfie taking im at the game rather than actually paying attention.

Bump
    So disappointed after Sunday
    Giants crammed the box and doubled up on Dez
    Template for other teams as Williams and basketball rubbish and Witten I'd great but not a guest down machine like Dez who gets yards after catching

Bump
    So disappointed after Sunday
    Giants crammed the box and doubled up on Dez
    Template for other teams as Williams and basketball rubbish and Witten I'd great but not a guest down machine like Dez who gets yards after catching

I'd been avoiding coming on to start the discussion as I had a mixed bag of frustration & disappointment after the way the game ended...

If other teams do that to Dez we need a plan B to exploit it... that or we are a 3-13 team going nowhere fast given the fixtures we have this year.

Crucial to get something from the redskins game or the season is effectively a write off & damage limitation.... not good enough at this stage for a team of this stature failing to launch a serious challenge for nigh on 2 decades.

How bout them cowboys
    2-1 winning games without TR
    Worrying that dez isn't seeing much action but he doesn't seem 100%
    Think we'll be looking at a WR in the draft
    But only after DE & DT , Tim Williams from Alabama looks class

How bout them cowboys
    2-1 winning games without TR
    Worrying that dez isn't seeing much action but he doesn't seem 100%
    Think we'll be looking at a WR in the draft
    But only after DE & DT , Tim Williams from Alabama looks class

To be fair Prescott is doing a bloody good job for a rookie QB at the biggest team in the sport... Dez is having to shoulder the pressure of being the star man & all that comes with it, I still believe if he gets the service he'll deliver big though.

Delighted to pick up back to back wins but we still have all the really tough games to come, we'll know a lot more about this team in 3 more games, the bengals, packers & eagles will be a damn bit tougher than the bears & redskins, that's a given. Still, I have a tad more optimism that I had at the start of the season.

To be fair Prescott is doing a bloody good job for a rookie QB at the biggest team in the sport... Dez is having to shoulder the pressure of being the star man & all that comes with it, I still believe if he gets the service he'll deliver big though.

Delighted to pick up back to back wins but we still have all the really tough games to come, we'll know a lot more about this team in 3 more games, the bengals, packers & eagles will be a damn bit tougher than the bears & redskins, that's a given. Still, I have a tad more optimism that I had at the start of the season.

all fairs points mate, lets hope we don't end up with another 8-8 season.

That's a long stretch esp with packers coming back of bye week and eagles on bye this week.

all fairs points mate, lets hope we don't end up with another 8-8 season.

That's a long stretch esp with packers coming back of bye week and eagles on bye this week.

Funnily enough if i'd have been offered 8-8 after the giants game I probably would have ripped your arm off for it... and to be fair looking at the schedule I'd probably still take it, we've a lot of tough games this year. Though I firmly believe we're capable of more, winning the NFC East is a realistic target if injuries dont derail us again this year.

3-1 about as much as could have been expected really. Still have the tough games to come but promising to come back from 14 points down on the road with your QB1 & star WR both out injured. Next 4 games will define the season though.

3-1 about as much as could have been expected really. Still have the tough games to come but promising to come back from 14 points down on the road with your QB1 & star WR both out injured. Next 4 games will define the season though.

This is true mate, but with those to comeback and Demarcus lawrence off suspensions the team should improve if and as they become available.
    Gregory suspended for another 10 games could've been done without. Our second round picks recently have been very dodgy..
    Gregory suspended for multiple games
    Jaylon Smith unavailable - but we drafted him knowing that..

We need to do better with our second round pick in 2017

• Advertisement

We need to do better with our second round pick in 2017

Absolutely.
    Strength in depth is a minimum nowadays, we're always going to have injuroes & suspensions & not allowing for this & building for it is always going to come back & bite us hard.

NFC East looking a tougher division this year too...

Advertisement