Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

tony1985 wrote: »
    I agree. So far as I believe I was very last medical, at least in am. SMT and medical results are separate however. Medical results may well be out before SMT. Going by numbers and induction date, they may not be starting with 100 in May. I think closer to 70 or 80 mark solely due to timescale. I can't rest until the phone call comes

Wow. Medical Wed. Pass letter today. Phone calls are this week I presume. Scary biscuits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

What's the SMT?

I'm one of the 2nd batch passes with an A*, PCA in a few days. Hope there's not the full 100 from the first batch of passes for selfish obvious reasons :D

Bob Law wrote: »
    What's the SMT?

I'm one of the 2nd batch passes with an A*, PCA in a few days. Hope there's not the full 100 from the first batch of passes for selfish obvious reasons :D

There's not full 100 but first induction is too soon for 2nd group so I think we're looking at 2 lots of 50/60 few weeks apart in Garnerville. SMT is substance misuse test where they take a hair sample.
    In my opinion last two weeks of medical passes will get a phone call this week coming to invite them to induction weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Bob Law wrote: »
    What's the SMT?

Pca this week too. I think a couple of folk earlier on the boards mentioned around 60-70 got through the first set of pca's and I guess some of those will fail medical/vetting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I'm legally here now - medical passed! Hope the wait is not too long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭CallTheCobra

wanadrum wrote: »

Well done! I'd say the phone calls should be sometime next week after the SMT results! Would allow the successful recruits 4 weeks or so to hand in notices and make arrangements etc leaving a start date early May for the first batch. That's my guess anyways lol

Well done! I'd say the phone calls should be sometime next week after the SMT results! Would allow the successful recruits 4 weeks or so to hand in notices and make arrangements etc leaving a start date early May for the first batch. That's my guess anyways lol

I hope you are right - my feet have been getting exponentially more itchy as each stage has gone by......

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Congrats wanadrum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

Congrats wanadrum. And all who have passed.

I hope I here this week about medical. I was required to submit further evidence. And GP wrote a letter and was handed in on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

If I'm lucky enough to get the call..hope it's soon! Will need to start getting things in order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Just finished a shift in my current work now at this time! Hopefully thatll make me more adjusted to shift patterns!!
    Fingers crossed we hear this week

• Registered Users Posts: 26 policehopeful

wanadrum wrote: »

congrats, well deserved. Does anyone know for certain that the successful people will be contacted by phone or will it be a letter?

congrats, well deserved. Does anyone know for certain that the successful people will be contacted by phone or will it be a letter?

Pretty sure it's a phone call just to be sure they have made contact. Would imagine there would be a letter of confirmation as well

As far as I know they phone in the first instance and follow up with paperwork but if they can't get you by phone they will write.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 J_Recruit

I got the pass letter yesterday morning can't believe how quick they came out.

Also the barber was very curious as to why there were a number of chunks missing from my hair lol

Fingers crossed folks from today onwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

student15 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed folks from today onwards!

Think it will be in next two weeks as I was speaking to a Sgt from training at the end of last week who told me that they were expecting the names of the new recruits shortly.

Just did a wee 30mins cycle on a spin bike for charity there, 18.4km covered. = one tired student....
    Definitely going to have to go a bit more cardio if I get into the depot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Maybe we should have a wee list of those enduring 'the wait'. I was thinking earlier how far those remaining have come from being members of a 7,500 strong group of initial applications to potentially being in the top 100!

In fact every single person who gets a place in the magical 378 has beaten 19 other people to it! That's pretty good going :)

• Advertisement

Would love it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Just out of interest, where are people here from?? Most of you don't have a location up. If you don't want to be too specific, Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland etc will do. Just interested to see if many from down south are going for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Just out of interest, where are people here from?? Most of you don't have a location up. If you don't want to be too specific, Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland etc will do. Just interested to see if many from down south are going for it!
    North... And let's just say legenderry would be a very long drive if posted there.. Haha

Ps. Epic username....

Jb12345 wrote: »
    North... And let's just say legenderry would be a very long drive if posted there.. Haha

Ps. Epic username....

North of Ireland.

student15 wrote: »
    North of Ireland.

Oops Yeh northern Ireland.

Just breaking it down.
    In the vaguest possible terms

What we thinking... Has to be soon if they are going to start calling people right? In order to allow people to hand in notices etc.

Heard rumours that you lot will get 'the call' this week, but then again this whole process has been rife with rumours that end up not being true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Jb12345 wrote: »
    What we thinking... Has to be soon if they are going to start calling people right? In order to allow people to hand in notices etc.

I am thinking next week...to ensure that the appropriate amount of notice can be given.

• Advertisement

Maverick89 wrote: »
    Anyone else heard a potential start date of ?

Hope not ?

Advertisement