Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

So what is next? Does this mean our vetting is OK? Or will they still have things to check. Is it the big wait now for a phone call?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭CallTheCobra

Jb12345 wrote: »
    So what is next? Does this mean our vetting is OK? Or will they still have things to check. Is it the big wait now for a phone call?!

Still have to get the results from the SMT, it's part of the vetting as well I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

First time poster, been following the boards for a while though. Doing pca next week but keen to see how long you guys have to wait , hopefully a good indication of what I have in front of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

Just to refresh my own memory, you lot could be 1st squad from the 1st batch so anywhere from 25-40 people? There's still another 1/2 squads to come out of the 1st intake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

Bob Law wrote: »
    Just to refresh my own memory, you lot could be 1st squad from the 1st batch so anywhere from 25-40 people? There's still another 1/2 squads to come out of the 1st intake?

Hard to tell really Bob. When speaking with doctor yesterday i'm under impression that there's not much focus on a merit list this year due to numbers of SOs required. He basically intimated that everyone he doesn't have an issue with at medical he fully expects to be successful. Don't hold me to that, but it seemed that way. Although due to dates involved, there's no way anybody doing medical after March could be in first intake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

I wonder how long till we get "the call" all going well

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

student15 wrote: »
    I wonder how long till we get "the call" all going well

I'm hoping next week? The medical letter said recruitment would be in touch shortly! Fingers crossed

whatinthe wrote: »
    I'm hoping next week? The medical letter said recruitment would be in touch shortly! Fingers crossed

No doubt it'll be soon, as induction is vv soon. How long after medical did you receive letter?

1 week, quick in fairness!

I hope so
    It's so hard not to get excited a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Anybody have any clue on amount of people on the merit list this year? Is it safe to assume that everyone who has got to medical stages etc are all graded A*? I got a grade B but realistically im wondering if there is a genuine chance? Anyone able to shed light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Anybody have any clue on amount of people on the merit list this year? Is it safe to assume that everyone who has got to medical stages etc are all graded A*? I got a grade B but realistically im wondering if there is a genuine chance? Anyone able to shed light?

There are A people through to medical too, it seems like the top scorers (around 100 people) from the first half of ACs got their passes in mid January and began being phased through pcas, vetting and medicals.

The second batch of passes were sent out late Feb, their vetting forms have already been put in and they are awaiting their PCA in the not too distant future. The second group seems significantly larger (at a guess there could be up to 200 progressing to PCA) but still consists of A*'s and A's.

In my opinion, there is still a good chance for those with B's, especially higher B's!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I do not know about the size of the merilt pool.

It would appear that all of those who have been invited to PCA, medical etc got A* and A grades.

Using the grades from boardsies it would seem that the number of A* is quite low with many more getting an A.

Overall I would estimate the there couls have been up to 300 invited to the final stages so far.

A* and A through to medical. 378 are needed, approx 70 through to medical and I'd say 100-150 for pca next week. I'd say B group still in with a good shout, you may just have to wait a bit longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Unfortunately I would say that they will wait until the second half of passes mid January to Feb to finish medical before anyone starts as their is people with higher scores in the second group compared to some In The first . I would guess people start getting call towards end of April but just a guess

Mr.Peanut wrote: »
    Unfortunately I would say that they will wait until the second half of passes mid January to Feb to finish medical before anyone starts as their is people with higher scores in the second group compared to some In The first . I would guess people start getting call towards end of April but just a guess

Why though? They won't hang abouut on getting bums on seats as long as they are high enough up the list to get a place.

They can't give people with lower scores jobs based solely on when they did their assessment centre. So once all the a and a* s are finished medical ect they will start at the top. That's the way I see it but it may be wrong

I hope so
    It's so hard not to get excited a bit

Amen to that brother!

I can't see us not getting a call soon. I have everything done, am just waiting on pass result from SMT to get to PSNI!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

I heard induction is very soon so I think you are wrong. Like wanadrum said they aren't hanging about so anyone they think high enough and passed everything they will work away. Even if people in second batch have scored higher.

Well I may be wrong as im not basing my information on anything just think that they couldnt start people solely based on when they did their ac

• Advertisement

They can't give people with lower scores jobs based solely on when they did their assessment centre. So once all the a and a* s are finished medical ect they will start at the top. That's the way I see it but it may be wrong

I am looking at it a different way though - there appear to be a fairly los number of people who have got A* anyway, but if they are taking on 200-300 people and all of the A* and A scores are going to get a place then essentially it does not matter what oorder they strat at GV.

I am sure vetting will take longer for some people as well as mediacl appeals etc - they wouldn't be able to hold off and appoint people strictly in order of merit.

Well I may be wrong as im not basing my information on anything just think that they couldnt start people solely based on when they did their ac

I don't see how you can equate this to starting people based solely on when they did their AC, say for example there are 20 A*s and 150 A's and 200 places - why would they want to hang about to make offers stricly on the order of merit when all of the (subject to passing the medical and vetting etc.) when they will all be offerred a place in the end anyway?

wanadrum wrote: »
    I don't see how you can equate this to starting people based solely on when they did their AC, say for example there are 20 A*s and 150 A's and 200 places - why would they want to hang about to make offers stricly on the order of merit when all of the (subject to passing the medical and vetting etc.) when they will all be offerred a place in the end anyway?

I see what your saying and will be interesting to see whats happening. I would see them want to hang about to make offers strictly on order of merit based on the fact thats how recruitment is done and how it states progression based on order of merit. Not trying to argue or anything just think it will be interesting to see

wanadrum wrote: »

I agree with you there. So long as all A and A* get in doesn't matter on order but on operational demands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 LtCustard

be very awkward if I got a call in work :/ lol

LtCustard wrote: »
    be very awkward if I got a call in work :/ lol

Would you really worry as long as you get the call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

Passed the medical!! Cant do anymore now, just wait!

So I've been offered a promotion in work which I have asked for a week to think about it! Better pay and all that jazz.. but its not the psni!
    Heres hoping the call comes maybe next week?? I got an a* 84-87% so hoping I get in with the first intake? Everything passed so far!! Anyone any theorys on when the calls going to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

So I've been offered a promotion in work which I have asked for a week to think about it! Better pay and all that jazz.. but its not the psni!
    Heres hoping the call comes maybe next week?? I got an a* 84-87% so hoping I get in with the first intake? Everything passed so far!! Anyone any theorys on when the calls going to be?

From what I can gather. SMT wont be back for all medicals until Wednesday at the earliest (they take 7 days minimum and last medical was Wednesday past) medicals were run alphabetically not on pass rate so they'll have to wait for all those. Vetting still might not be complete and online only closed today.
    So end of next week at very earliest but I wouldn't count on it.

• Advertisement

hopeful34 wrote: »
    From what I can gather. SMT wont be back for all medicals until Wednesday at the earliest (they take 7 days minimum and last medical was Wednesday past) medicals were run alphabetically not on pass rate so they'll have to wait for all those. Vetting still might not be complete and online only closed today.
    So end of next week at very earliest but I wouldn't count on it.

I agree. So far as I believe I was very last medical, at least in am. SMT and medical results are separate however. Medical results may well be out before SMT. Going by numbers and induction date, they may not be starting with 100 in May. I think closer to 70 or 80 mark solely due to timescale. I can't rest until the phone call comes

Advertisement