Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night Show 22/03/2014 @ 9.30pm

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Bowie fans!

To BBC Four, post haste!

Major thanks for the heads up WMM ! Would not have spotted that meself, cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

jos28 wrote: »
    Major thanks for the heads up WMM ! Would not have spotted that meself, cheers !

Hopefully, the BBC have 'misplaced' any footage of 'The Laughing Gnome' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yet it kept 'Fairytale Of New York' off the top spot :(

Spider Stacy from The Pogues was at some music function a couple of years ago. Neil Tennant was also there and was giving Spider a slagging about this. Spider said "Maybe it got to No.1 at the time. But which song has sold more copies since?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Well said GHG. I've said the same on previous threads ( nowhere near as eloquently as you have put it).

Thanks Lynn. :)

Glad to know I'm far from alone in my views. :)

The only show I've enjoyed so far this year was last week's, in which, in my opinion, Brendan was on form, and there was a good mix of guests.

Beverley Callard still talked about depression, though...

Why bother with ANOTHER cover of the song... this one wont be topped I'm sorry..

Yet it kept 'Fairytale Of New York' off the top spot :(

The 10th anniversary of the King's death was a perfectly good excuse for it to go to number 1.

That said, I maintain that it stayed there on 25 December because certain people didn't like the idea of an Irish song topping the UK charts at Christmas... :mad:

And without intending to start a hullabaloo about the Troubles and the IRA, it didn't help that the Remembrance Day bombing was still fresh in the memory. :(

Lapin wrote: »
    Thank Christ for Match of the Day (when Liverpool win) on nights like this !
    And Cardiff lose :(

Would be nice to see Liverpool win the Premier League this year - seeing as when they last did so, it was still called the First Division.

At the same time, it would be a shame if Cardiff were one of the three losers of the ongoing relegation dogfight... :(

Skid X wrote: »
    "If you are interested in coming in to the audience for The Saturday Night Show please e-mail ..."

Who writes that rubbish? Terrible sentence structure.

Quite likely the same person who comes up with the competition questions.

"Which well-known annual Irish festival announced their music line up earlier this week?"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

That said, I maintain that it stayed there on 25 December because certain people didn't like the idea of an Irish song topping the UK charts at Christmas... :mad:

And without intending to start a hullabaloo about the Troubles and the IRA, it didn't help that the Remembrance Day bombing was still fresh in the memory

Never thought of it that way! Then again...the Good Friday agreement is signed and B*Witched score four UK number ones in a row! Co-inkydink?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If only they were as proactive when Westlife were bagging Christmas Number Ones at will.

The Pet Shop Boys deserved to get to Number One, it was the better record [/Leaves the Country] :P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Thanks Lynn. :)

Glad to know I'm far from alone in my views. :)

Beverley Callard still talked about depression, though...

Yes, she did indeed. I still enjoyed her chat with Brendan, I felt she went along with the bit of fun, when he asked her about Jim etc.
    It was the first show this year that I enjoyed.

Last week's line up was so unpromising, I just switched off. I will never willingly watch anything with Katherine Lynch in it, and I don't think Jennifer Maguire is particularly funny either.

I can't quite figure why the show, to me anyway, isn't as good as it was. The thread seldom disappoints though :D

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Last week's line up was so unpromising, I just switched off. I will never willingly watch anything with Katherine Lynch in it, and I don't think Jennifer Maguire is particularly funny either.

She never has been funny - not even when she was on The Apprentice.

Without meaning to send this thread off-topic, it's probably fair to say that Nick Hewer does Countdown fifty times better than Jennifer does comedy... :o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

She never has been funny - not even when she was on The Apprentice.

I don't think I've ever watched anything either Katherine Lynch or Jennifer Maguire were on, but the odd bits I've seen/ read about them convinced me I wouldn't find either of them amusing.
    I presume Brendan found them in the canteen and invited them along to the show :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement