Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker World Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Deserved, brilliant finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

Fair play fair play

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Fair f*cking play to him

Not the highest standard of play in that match by any means but very entertaining stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

He deserved it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Where's the trophy going?...... WHERE'S THE TROPHY GOING?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Well done Mark. Delighted for him. Deserved it in the end.

Nice words from Ronnie. Great to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Well played Selby had his tactics down to a tee. Showed great mental strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Seems strangely subdued.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What on earth happened with that pink in frame 23? I've heard more about that than the rest of the match put together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Bullseye500

Ronnie probably made more money from the final..fixed.

Ronnie probably made more money from the final..fixed.

That's a scurrilous thing to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Well played Selby had his tactics down to a tee. Showed great mental strength.

And hes not crying like a baby, respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

Where's the trophy going?...... WHERE'S THE TROPHY GOING?

Oh look, there's some Z-list celebrity who has joined us to watch the game here in the crucible *camera pans to audience*. Doesn't snooker attract all sorts of people. Now back to the winner's speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

This is completely unfair to say and I apologize in advance for it but jesus christ he is just so boring! Just won the WC and a heap of money and showing nothing!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That's a scurrilous thing to say.

Missing the pink on frame 23..didn't look too bothered about anything last couple of days

Wudya just get on with it and give the man the trophy!

I hate this doorstepping of sports people minutes after their wins/losses :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

Lapin wrote: »
    What's the score lads?

Just switched back, half time in the Liverpool game.

Thought I was watching QI for a sec.

3-3.

Wife's beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭deise man

Delighted for selby. He put in some performance today. He really deserves his win. His final frame clearance was unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Is he an ex pool world champion? and if he is, is he the only player to win both?

High praise from Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Is he an ex pool world champion? and if he is, is he the only player to win both?
    yep

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I assume Barry is responsible for no Tuxedos tonight. Pity. Used to find it quite charming. From a different time.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Unpredictable Ronnie again, different class but his concentration leaves him down at times. Still one of the greatest ever and will go on to win this easily,luckily it's only selby today.

:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

This is completely unfair to say and I apologize in advance for it but jesus christ he is just so boring! Just won the WC and a heap of money and showing nothing!

Yes completely unfair. Everyone reacts differently to these situations and it's silly to label him as boring because he didn't show enough emotion for your liking.

Hindsight is 20/20 vision ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Said a few pages back that he couldn't handle being down a few frames but he definitely proved me wrong. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mike Frank Hustle

Can't be olive people are so naive as to think Ronnie could loose this game. I'm not saying he threw to game to potentially win money from gambling, but he definitely could have won the game if he tried. Hindsight is 20 20 vision I never saw you disagreeing with me when ronnie was 10-5 up and missed and unmissable pot to go up 11-5 which surely would have been game? Pink on frame 23??? Think about it

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »
    Yes completely unfair. Everyone reacts differently to these situations and it's silly to label him as boring because he didn't show enough emotion for your liking.

+1.

If you've just been through four days hard labour and all the ups and downs involved in a dingdong match like that, being able to recite your name and address ten seconds after the winning shot would be an achievement in my book. He's hardly likely to have prepared an effusive speech.

Advertisement