Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: March 21st 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

OHHH, here comes some bad news!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lord Windermere is the worst Gold Cup winner in 25 years.

People down here in Kerry made a LOT of money on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

If you were getting operated on, bring this fella in. You'd be out for hours. On second thoughts you'd slip into a coma and probably never come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

This is like pulling teeth........!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

"with your wife..."
    Really.
    I thought that was just a much older child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

I like Jim but this s dull dull dull ...:(

I blame Tubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Crimecall.. I should tubs has the CCTV clip..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

I feel he has loads to say but tubs is the wrong man to be asking. Doesn't seem relaxed at all

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He should have brought the horse in for a chat.

He was asked but he said neigh.

I'll get my coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

"Who was it? Who was it" Ah go on, tell us! Please! Please!"

If anyone ever doubted that RTE is just jobs for the boys they should re-watch that performance by Tubridy tonight. People comment on his political bias, but ultimately he's just bad at his job. And yet he still has one. An extremely high paid one at that. I left school to work at 16. In that space of time I had one week where I put in a bad performance in work. On the Friday evening my boss told me that if I didn't get my act together over the weekend I could stay in bed on Monday. It was an important lesson, and since then I've known that good work is rewarded and bad work isn't. Clearly that principle doesn't exist within RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

mad m wrote: »
    Not at 20/1 it wasn't.

I was really delighted for the bookmakers......

This is like a conversation you have with a random stranger on a flight. Random sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Don't mention the "T" word!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,643 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cream%20Crackers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

This lad is painful. Go on home and muck out the sheds lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

This interview is woeful. I have learned that robbery can make you sad but winning can make you happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

sopretty wrote: »
    Artful interviewers lure the interviewee into a false sense of security and then politely ask an extremely straight question, having built up a rapport. :cool:

Tubs doesn't possess that skill and I don't think it's something which can be taught.

Artful interviewers also try to look as if they're half interested in the interviewee.

Tubs was dropped in above his head, never quite got the hang of it.
    Still, he's doing well out of it.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Awful thing to happen, but hardly in the same league as the lady who had her special needs adapted car stolen, along with her daughters ipad which the little girl relied on for communication.

Feck....close but no cigar....

Night all. Sleep tight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

That was a terrible last interview. That jockey rode Best Mate, arguably the best national hunt horse of all time, and didn't ask him anything about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

"Jim, you trained a Gold Cup winning horse last week. But tell us all about how you were burgled the night before" He's a parody at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

night folks

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

So, are we all 'happy' now?

*runs for cover*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

sopretty wrote: »
    Artful interviewers lure the interviewee into a false sense of security and then politely ask an extremely straight question, having built up a rapport. :cool:

Tubs doesn't possess that skill and I don't think it's something which can be taught.

You are right.

The other way is to go balls deep and just ask the hard questions from the get go. The real slippery operators like this wan, won't let them selves be duped into a warm sense of security, no matter how nice the interviewer is. So if you go all out from the get go, you may get somewhere. But Ryan just doesn't have the stones to go down that road either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

sudzs wrote: »
    I like Jim but this s dull dull dull ...:(

I blame Tubs!

He's always been dull. Even after winning three Gold Cups with Best Mate, he's been as dull as dishwater on each occasion. Nice enough fella though, but not the sort of guest you'd want on The Late Late Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Good riddance

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Until next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

"You've won the whole kit and kaboodle!" - Jeez, think up some new lines Ryan...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Night folks. It's been emotional. Or is boredom not an emotion?

Advertisement