Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

Got my hairdresser sorted. My own hairdresser is taking the opportunity to have a weekend away and doing the job will cover some of her costs. I am so delighted as it will be lovely to have her around in the morning. Yay!
    Just makeup left to sort out now. And the invitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh was disappointed after changing what type of invite we were going for we got the sample yesterday and I just went ohh.. Not working at all at all.. Was a little surprised as we had done lets say most of the editing and was hoping they would fix it up properply do the final touches but tis the same as what we sent..I was like ohh we could have done that.. Anywho back to the drawing board yippee...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

Milly33 where did you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

We're getting married in July! Just need to finalise our invitations now! We are having a slight Midsummers Nights Dream theme to the wedding, but I had planned to send out vintage style airmail invitations to match our save the dates that went out in October - should I go with a Midsummers Nights Dream theme or stick with the vintage airmail - I'm just not sure it works anymore!

Hi Sherlof mm ill pm you there. It isn't that the person doing them isn't good I think it is more, if you are anyway handy yourself you can do them.. I was expecting more really.

• Advertisement

Just pm'd you there.. Midsummer nights theme sounds loverly.. but there is a lot to be said for keeping things together..

We had it all planned and I was saying no, these are the colours this is it. Changed and sure it didn't look right at all.. I would think match the save the dates, but then go with your gut feeling it is never wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Sherlof3 wrote: »
    Heavenly Chocolate (google them) rent them for €200. Or is it the champagne tower, like the Great Gatsby you're after? Maybe you can ask you caterer? I'm getting married in France and the caterer is supplying it for €50 but all it is is setting up the champagne coupes I think!

I actually googled and rang them. But very dear. I'm also getting a chocolate fountain. And the best they could do was very dear as they offer a free champagne fountain with it. It's not for a wedding. And it's going to be a fizzy drink in it. Very long story haha. Thanks for replying anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Hi All!

I'm getting married in May so would like to join in on your chats if that's ok! I only got engaged in October so have not left myself loads of time, but hopefully will be ok :) We have a venue and a celebrant at least, so I'm telling myself we can at least legally do it,even if all the other bits aren't there!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sleepymissymoo

Another one jumping in to say Hi to all the 2015 brides!!

Getting married in October and so far have done very little! Must getting reading through this forum for some ideas! Have venue, church and band booked and got my dress 2 days ago....the very first one I tired on!!! Only went to one shop and tried 6 on in total. Totally didn't expect that to happen!! Have a 3 month old baby and just moved house so it's been completely hectic!! We spent ages during the summer looking at venues but everything else is being done without too much time or effort!

Hi Extraplus congrats to you!! Wow you are moving quickly but well done.. would love to have had the day quicker but didn't have the mula.. I am sure everything will flow into place for you.

Just have you action list ready to go.. Tick them all off and youll be grand. If you have all the major bits already sure what more do you need.

HI Sleepymissymoo congrats to whoop sounds like you are well sorted. Lucky you have the dress.. Fining it horrible well in saying that ive only gone to two shops but I don't think I like them... Sure again you have all the major things done and plenty of time mind you baby sounds like fun in the midst of it all congrats on that too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

hi all, getting married in November. went dress shopping last week and it kinda focused our minds a bit more so got photographer and church singer sorted.
    I just have to confirm my hair and make up. feel like we're forgetting somethin, but I can't figure out what.

any one else find dress shopping a very overwhelming experience? I actually cried talking to himself about it that night. Just so much info to take in and it doesn't help that none of the dresses fit properly. One dress I liked that sample dress was in a size 28! There was no way I could get a true sense of what it was like.

I really enjoyed the dress shopping. The first time I went I had the attitude of just trying everything and put on some ridiculous things. I recommend having a good look on pinterest and identifying designers you like and then go to shops that stock them! its not every day you get to try on thousand euro gowns, enjoy it! and bring somebody who you can relax with. If I brought the whole entourage I would have hated it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I tried on one dress and bought it! Dress shopping was the easy part...

I tried on one dress and bought it! Dress shopping was the easy part...

Err I tried on 60-80 :o went a bit overboard...

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

I only went to one dress shop. Tried on 5 or 6 and ended up buying the first one I tried on. Its a dress I never would have picked for myself but the girl in the shop really knows her stuff. :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We got our first posted RSVP back this morning - some very organised people considering our RSVP date is still 4 weeks away! :)

We got our first posted RSVP back this morning - some very organised people considering our RSVP date is still 4 weeks away! 

exciting stuff rainbow Kirby :)

I tried on 9 dresses and have four that I definitely like. I think I was in shock that the dresses were going to look good on me as I'm a size 16/18. Thought I was going to hate every dress. I had my mum, MIL and BM with me and they were a great help. We all.pretty much had the same opinion.
    Think I'm going to go to one, possibly two more shops and make a decision then.

I have to say I am just not getting the wedding dresses.. I have been to three places and have a fourth lined up and that's it then im going to the reg shops... Had two this weekend and one was like yeah that's fine and the other I must say was loverly. Bella Bleu ladies if anyone wants something a bit different we had cakes, and champagne the first place we ever got anything.. And wow they actually let you look through the dresses and pick yourself, I didn't understand this with the other places, they would ask you what you would like and in my head im like I don't have a clue and then pull dresses they think you would like... Baffled..

Congrats rainbow its all starting now

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I went to five shops. 3 let me look through the racks and I felt so much happier. It really avoids the awkward moment of looking at the assistant's pick and going - no, I'm not putting that hideous thing near my body :) i didn't say that - just thought it! I'm not that rude.

Even if you don't know what sort of dress you want, do you know what you don't want. There are so many different styles of dresses nowadays. What kind of regular dresses do you tend to wear? That's what helped me pick.

I knew I wanted no glitter/sequins/jewels, no pick-ups or trains, that I wanted to be able to spin n dance n have fun and that I like my boobs and don't like my tummy and hips. Eventually I figured out that I felt ridiculously too grown up in all full length dresses (I'm a very immature 33 year old) and that made my life much easier and I soon found my lovely dress.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I found a pretty handy website for save the date emails, if anyone is interested?

Turns out I know NOBODY'S email addresses any more, because we all just keep in touch on Facebook. I have to send dozens of FB messages just to get the email addresses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭eager tortoise

Faith wrote: »
    I found a pretty handy website for save the date emails, if anyone is interested?

Turns out I know NOBODY'S email addresses any more, because we all just keep in touch on Facebook. I have to send dozens of FB messages just to get the email addresses!

I'd be interested in that website Faith! We only decided this evening that we would send a save the date e-mail this week. Wedding in July :)

Cool, it's www.paperlesspost.com. Make sure to select just 'free' ones, and watch out for the extras they try to add in (virtual 'envelopes' etc). We've designed pretty nice ones for free, and there's an option to ask guests to fill out their addresses as a reply also. It shows you who opened their emails once they're sent and all that.

nosietoes wrote: »
    I went to five shops. 3 let me look through the racks and I felt so much happier. It really avoids the awkward moment of looking at the assistant's pick and going - no, I'm not putting that hideous thing near my body :) i didn't say that - just thought it! I'm not that rude.

Even if you don't know what sort of dress you want, do you know what you don't want. There are so many different styles of dresses nowadays. What kind of regular dresses do you tend to wear? That's what helped me pick.

I knew I wanted no glitter/sequins/jewels, no pick-ups or trains, that I wanted to be able to spin n dance n have fun and that I like my boobs and don't like my tummy and hips. Eventually I figured out that I felt ridiculously too grown up in all full length dresses (I'm a very immature 33 year old) and that made my life much easier and I soon found my lovely dress.

Bing Id say were the same :) although Im 32 haha.. While I love Disney and things like bubbles I still don't want a bit puffy dress.. I just think it is very odd they don't let you look youself. I was so happy when Bella Bleu well the lady there said work away and I will come back when ye are ready, While I don't know what I want like you say I know what I don't want.. Fingers crossed the next place will be good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

I haven't started looking yet - but didn't realise they didn't let you pick out your own.. ugh! How annoying!

well that is what they do in Cork. Talking to others it might not be the same all over the country... If you are in any down here id say ask them defo. I remember coming out of the modern and passing one room full of dresses me and mum were like why couldn't we look at them.

I selected a few off the shops website so told her I wanted to try x,y and z. But it was actually a dress that the girl selected herself for me that I liked the best! (I think).

did the girls who have bought their dresses know it "the one" or is that all crap?

The one i felt most myself in I don't like all the aspects of it. I'm not a very decisive person as it is, so this is tortourus for me!ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

kildareash wrote: »

did the girls who have bought their dresses know it "the one" or is that all crap?

Yes, definitely knew it was the one.
    Even before I saw myself in the mirror I knew I loved it. And it was the girl in the shop who chose it.
    I brought my mother-in-law to be with me dress shopping and when she saw it she cried so I really knew then!

I was allowed to pick out my own dresses in every shop I went to :confused:. Until I started trying them on, at least. Then the assistant started bringing in ones when I had an idea of what I liked.

The best advice I got was that if there's a feature of your dress that you don't like when you try it on, don't buy it. You'll fixate on that one thing until it's time for fittings, and that is liable to make you hate the dress!

As for The One, no. I love wedding dresses so much that I could have bought a million of them. I LOVE my dress and everything about it, but I'm 100% sure there's dozens of other dresses that would have been just as good. I still see pictures of ones I desperately want to try on all the time, but it doesn't change my love for my dress. (Much like I don't believe in The One for husbands either ;))

I liked lots of dresses but I really only felt like me in one of them. I can't wait to meet her again!

• Advertisement

Was wondering that alright do you go ohhhh this is it!! The one I tried on in Bella was loverly but at the same time I didn't go weak for it... Starting point though.. All getting exciting here things are beginning to move along quite nicely..

Advertisement