Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handy Tips and Hints for Pregnant Ladies!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

We've a King size bed but Mr. Merkin has been in another bedroom for a couple of weeks now. I'm keeping odd hours so between that and my growing girth it's best for both of us at the moment, means we both have a better chance of getting some quality rest although I miss him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I'm not being smart but how on earth do you manage to get 6-8 pillows into the bed with you and OH or are people sleeping on their own? I'm pretty sure if I tried to use that many pillows he'd wake up thinking that something was attacking him....

Lol. We have a huge bed. It's bigger than a king. It's a super king. Loads of room :). 3 pillows at top and about another 3 around my body. Still loads room for him. But he'd go to the edge. He sleeps at the edge anyway. He Probably likes the peace over there... Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Funny you mention peace, apparently in the last few weeks I've developed a snore so loud I wouldn't sound out of place in the Seringeti.....yet another super sexah symptom of pregnancy :o

Lol... O god! Have you started the 2 hour wakings at 2am? I'd wake in the middle of the night and not be able to get back to sleep for hours. I'd be wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Lol... O god! Have you started the 2 hour wakings at 2am? I'd wake in the middle of the night and not be able to get back to sleep for hours. I'd be wrecked!

With the exception of Monday night I've been kept awake/ sleeping badly for about 2 weeks now. Last night/ this morning I was woken up at 03:30!! Am seriously less than impressed. Had no nap yesterday and didn't go to bed unti 11:30pm.
    I think I'll go mad if this carries on.

I have a lot of pillows in my bed and out of my bed as the night wears on. Sometimes it feels like I'm building the Berlin Wall between myself and my husband!
    Sometimes a Berlin Wall isn't a bad idea though:o

• Advertisement

Isn't it awful. I used to wake and found it impossible to get back to sleep. Anything would wake me. As soon as I had bubs literally nothing could wake me! Well nothing except her stirring... Which was mad because no matter how quiet she was id wake. Yet if OH had tv on or anything id sleep through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

I'm having terrible sleep these days. My hips are hurting when I lie on my side and it wakes me every so often to shift position. Then I also wake at like 4 or 5 am and am wide awake for a couple of hours, until I need to get up and then all I want to do is sleep! talk about arseways! I reckon I'm getting about 5 hrs tops these days, not too bad but it builds up.

Advertisement