Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Ireland Run 2014 - Getting to the start line

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

pconn062 wrote: »
    Hard to disagree with that, however, it is our national 10k champs whether we agree with it being lumped in with that race or not. I did the race once years ago and didn't enjoy it, mainly due to congestion. However, the longer I am involved in the sport the more I believe it is important to support these championships, even if not in ideal circumstances. I would have run this year myself if I wasn't injured and will do next year hopefully (even though I'm not a 10k runner). The same can be said for the Interclubs cross country, we can complain all we want about small numbers and what's to be done, but as club runners, we need to run these races and support them. And how often in Ireland do you get to share a race with the world record holder and a former world cross country champion!

Great post.

As cheesy as it sounds, it was an honour to run the same race with the best. And we should definitely support this race and forget the snobbery. This is the kinda event where the people who take part are the most important cog. Not showing up isn't helping!

Will definitely go again next year. Found the course hard. Weather was crazy. Sun (which liked to hit as we went up the hills!), wind and hailstone! I worked really hard on the build up to this and it paid off. Got a PB!
    Had a niggling shin splint so was worried I wouldn't be able to finish but got some advice on better stretching. Did this religiously all week and iced my leg at least once a day. It worked! Not even a tingle yesterday and fine again today. Can't believe my luck.
    28064212 wrote: »
    Nope, that's most definitely my gun time. It's what was showing on the gantry when I went under at the finish, I was at least a minute getting to the start line, and my Garmin time was a minute faster than the time on the website

Interesting as I was a bit disappointed with my result time on the site too - I thought I was about a minute faster (although I still have a PB with this time so I can't complain).

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amcgee

28064212 wrote: »
    Nope, that's most definitely my gun time. It's what was showing on the gantry when I went under at the finish, I was at least a minute getting to the start line, and my Garmin time was a minute faster than the time on the website

Fair enough, my time was exact same as my garmin. Email them

Advertisement