Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best SIM Only deals [Updated regularly][Work in progess]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

That 25euro unlimited is a 12 month contract... no dice for me... im not getting tied to a network.

Anyone know if there anyway of getting the eMobile eircom customer deals without actually being an eircom customer? Was going to go with 48 months but the catches with the "memberships" etc... are a deal breaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

OP

4G is NOT included with the eMobile Select Unlimited [15GB SIMONLY] plan. It's only on the 5GB eircom customer SIMONLY plan.

The €32 deal is now €35 as of a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭peter_dublin

fionny wrote: »
    That 25euro unlimited is a 12 month contract... no dice for me... im not getting tied to a network.

The Tesco Unlimited €25 euro plan is a 30 day sim only plan not a contract plan. Signed up myself two days ago. Was paying 23 to three for 350 Flexi units.

The Tesco Unlimited €25 euro plan is a 30 day sim only plan not a contract plan. Signed up myself two days ago. Was paying 23 to three for 350 Flexi units.

My bad I thought you were talking about a Meteor one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Major Update - 19/08/2014

- Fixed the errors for eMobile
    - Updated the Meteor Plans on Pay as You Go
    - Updated the Lycamobile Plans
    - Fixed Vodafone Packages

- Fixed colouring for easier reading
    - Enjoyed a cup of tea and a biscuit

- Skipped to rename the SIM Only spreadsheet as "September" as there'll be no further changes until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

and only last June I had to sign up for 12 months, but not complaining, great value plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

the 15 euro pay as you go deal with tesco seems to be great deal, I think it could be my next move

For people interested there is a way to get the emobile 24euro deal without being an eircom customer... I discovered it by accident and signed up... no promises they wouldnt take it off you later though... but so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

For people interested there is a way to get the emobile 24euro deal without being an eircom customer... I discovered it by accident and signed up... no promises they wouldnt take it off you later though... but so far so good.

I had noticed this as well. Wondering if they keep it a as back-door on purpose or if it is pure incompetency :-) (I didn't have to try too hard, and it has been around for months)

• Advertisement

Bob24 wrote: »
    I had noticed this as well. Wondering if they keep it a as back-door on purpose or if it is pure incompetency :-) (I didn't have to try too hard, and it has been around for months)

How bad! Its a good deal! I reckon its the pure incompetency myself but im happy I discovered it by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimoc2298

Lads, can you tell me how to get around the non eircom customer thing for €24?
    Cheers.

jimoc2298 wrote: »
    Cheers.

PM'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

jimoc2298 wrote: »
    Cheers.

Asked the 1 post ever guy from Eircom.
    PM'ed

See if they fix it now!

Crap the one time I didnt check post count... hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimoc2298

I'm not from Eircom Podge don't worry your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

What are eMobile like to deal with? If they are anything like eircom good luck...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Their CS is about on a par with Eircom, their staff probably came from there originally. Better than the dipsticks at Meteor -- if your question to Meteor requires more characters than Twitter, they get confused. Complete dolts.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Please PM me the emobile workaround

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Can somebody let me know the workaround for eMobile for non eircom customers ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Would someone be able to PM me the workaround for the eMobile €24 offer please?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ButtUcks

I'm tempted to go with 3 for their 4g sim only monthly contract (Ultimate Flex Max) -
    Anyone know what the coverage is like in Skerries, North Dublin??

Am I missing something in seeing the 3Pay as the best option by a mile? €20 for unlimited everything and 15gb data including 4G??

Locomotion wrote: »
    Am I missing something in seeing the 3Pay as the best option by a mile? €20 for unlimited everything and 15gb data including 4G??

On paper and if you don't call abroad much (not cheap on Three) it could well be the best option.

I'm practice it depends how you feel about their network coverage and customer service.

On paper and if you don't call abroad much (not cheap on Three) it could well be the best option.

I'm practice it depends how you feel about their network coverage and customer service.

Ah. See I've never been on 3 before. Is their network coverage and customer service typically sub par?

Just looking for the best deal to get Unlimited everything and 4G. Three do seem to have the best offers as I can't get the eircom €24 deal

Ah. See I've never been on 3 before. Is their network coverage and customer service typically sub par?

Just looking for the best deal to get Unlimited everything and 4G. Three do seem to have the best offers as I can't get the eircom €24 deal

Not that other Irish mobile companies are great, but there definitely is some type of consensus to say Three are especially bad with customer service (with Meteor not too far behind in terms of mediocrity in my opinion, and Tesco Mobile being my best experience).

In terms of coverage, the main issue an number of people are having is that in some areas their network is definitely oversubscribed and data speeds are very poor. 4G will help (and possible a merger with O2's network at some point) - but at the end of the day you will know why they are cheaper. Doesn't mean it's a bad deal and plenty of people are happy with it - but there difinitly is a reason for the price difference.

Would someone be able to PM me the workaround for the eMobile €24 offer please?

Don't know if there is another one, but unfortunately the workaround I had seems to have been fixed. I suspect Meteor got the information from here as it had been working for months and is now addressed a few weeks after being published here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

its unlimited any network WEEKEND calls, so thats a factor to consider.

Don't know if there is another one, but unfortunately the workaround I had seems to have been fixed. I suspect Meteor got the information from here as it had been working for months and is now addressed a few weeks after being published here.

It still works using whatever hodge podge method I managed.

• Advertisement

They dont currently have an edge network either AFAIK, for me personally I left three when I noticed I could barely get 3g in work... if it was in my pocket I started roaming so no data... not good enough.

Also the three call centres are just terrible always have been.

Advertisement