Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Dunnes - litre of Paddy €30

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Frynge wrote: »
    This can't be right, can it?

Yep, all the booze in Tesco on clearance over the past while has been half-price or less. Have saved a fortune on craft beer lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kn wrote: »
    No. I am correct in that they had a BOGOF on slabs one year that started the backlash against the below cost selling of drink. Its probably 6 plus years ago.
    Well bargain alerts is around a lot longer than that so this should be very easy to find. Or on other sites or newspaper articles if it was such a big deal -and it certainly would have been a big deal. You specifically said tesco and that the slabs were €24, I could well imagine a BOGOF on regular priced cans, which are often over €2.

If it did occur I imagine it was only 1 or 2 shops, and only a few being sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

Budweiser slabs in Dunnes €26. Get 2 for €52 and get a tenner voucher, so in effect, €21 per slab. 4 slabs for €84. That's me sorted !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

dodzy wrote: »
    Budweiser slabs in Dunnes €26. Get 2 for €52 and get a tenner voucher, so in effect, €21 per slab. 4 slabs for €84. That's me sorted !

4 slabs for €94. You only get the discount on the second pair of slabs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

rubadub wrote: »
    Well bargain alerts is around a lot longer than that so this should be very easy to find. Or on other sites or newspaper articles if it was such a big deal -and it certainly would have been a big deal. You specifically said tesco and that the slabs were €24, I could well imagine a BOGOF on regular priced cans, which are often over €2.

If it did occur I imagine it was only 1 or 2 shops, and only a few being sold.

Having done some digging it seems there may have been a BOGOF but on slabs that were 39.99 to begin with... so not much better value than now!

Prior to people flooding over the border in 2007/2008, supermarket alcohol prices down here were hideous.

Groceries Order banned below cost selling until 2006 so there is no chance of any below cost deals before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

stimpson wrote: »
    4 slabs for €94. You only get the discount on the second pair of slabs.
    Whoops, of course. Thanks for the correction Stimpson. I have the vouchers anyway as herself does the weekly shop in Dunnes, so €84 to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Whoops, of course. Thanks for the correction Stimpson. I have the vouchers anyway as herself does the weekly shop in Dunnes, so €84 to me ;)

She does the shopping and you spend her vouchers on beer?

Respect bro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

She does the shopping and you spend her vouchers on beer?

Respect bro

Ah, it's only borrowing really, since he should get another one at the end of it to replace the one he used :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Oyster bay 6 for 50 Euro. 8.33 per bottle normally retails between 12-15 Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

racso1975 wrote: »
    Oyster bay 6 for 50 Euro. 8.33 per bottle normally retails between 12-15 Euro.

Where is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

When is/was the most recent tenner voucher?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

When is/was the most recent tenner voucher?

Dunnes have been issuing them almost continuously the whole year. Spend €50 & get a tenner off your next €50 shop. Spend that and get yet another tenner off your next shop etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

I'm on the lookout for Whiskey; Jameson, Paddys or Powers. Has anyone seen any offers with gifts boxes or glasses that are a good deals.I want to get my presents sorted now but I don't want to miss out on any offers,should i wait a while?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm on the lookout for Whiskey; Jameson, Paddys or Powers. Has anyone seen any offers with gifts boxes or glasses that are a good deals.I want to get my presents sorted now but I don't want to miss out on any offers,should i wait a while?

O'Briens sale prices are already on. Powers Triple Swallow comes in a gift tube and is a nice improvement on the conventional stuff; they likely also have Jameson and Paddy in sleeves as is normal enough this time of year.

Can also get Black Bush in tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

shuvly wrote: »
    Where is this?

Was in Tesco in tullow yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco have a 700ml jameson glass pack for 27

ends 28/11

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=285321316

Same bottle with no glass is the same price and is a supposed offer. Usually it drops below 25 coming up to xmas. Think it was 20 or 22. If you got a bottle separate you might get glasses in one of the Orish souvenir shops like carrols.

In tesco paddy is 23, powers is 26

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Does M&S sell whiskey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Does M&S sell whiskey?

Just their own brands I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Just picked up Jameson with the free glasses only €24.00 in Super Valu but offer only on until tonight.

• Advertisement

Does M&S sell whiskey?

No branded stuff in ROI; just some (pretty decent) white label scotches and I think a Cooley Irish that's a bit rough.

To be honest I'd hold off on buying booze for another week or so. Once December hits, the special offers and deals will flow like vodka in Coppers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Super Value stopped doing "buy 6 bottles and get €10 off!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

To be honest I'd hold off on buying booze for another week or so. Once December hits, the special offers and deals will flow like vodka in Coppers ;)

Yes and I hope there might also be some €10 off €50 spend vouchers from Lidl/Aldi that can be used in Tesco to make an even bigger bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Tesco - johnny walker black label €24.25 - 50% off

Selected stores only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I'm still waiting on Baileys to drop... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gunslinger99

shakencat wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on Baileys to drop... :(

Tried the Lidl version ? Very nice and little difference between them imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Tried the Lidl version ? Very nice and little difference between them imo.

ah don't worry,
    I use that :)

but for a present :( baileys in the box is always given to my best friends dad..
    He waits for it every xmas.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gunslinger99

shakencat wrote: »
    ah don't worry,
    I use that :)

but for a present :( baileys in the box is always given to my best friends dad..
    He waits for it every xmas.:o

Ah yeah Lidl in a bag wouldnt be the same !

• Advertisement

If anyone sees Argus Strong back in Lidl over the next while drop it here, easily the most epic ratio of strength to price in beer :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement