Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Masala wrote: »
    Can't find that offer locally.... Anyone else get it???

It's in Castletroy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

1Ltr Bushmills ,€19.50 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mr. Tickle

Which Tesco has the Bushmills 1 Ltr? I can only see the 70cl for 23.00 Euro on their site.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mr. Tickle wrote: »
    Which Tesco has the Bushmills 1 Ltr? I can only see the 70cl for 23.00 Euro on their site.

Bigger ones. Website only shows the core range. Can't confirm the price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

shakencat wrote: »
    il need to get the litre as its for an xmas present, usually goes on sale for 25 closer to christmas... Thank you though

baileys 700ml is usually the cheapest per ml, lots of people presume larger bottles will be cheapest. you might even get 2 bottles for the price of a litre, which could be 2 flavours. If you search within this forum you can see it going for €10-12. I wouldn't pay over €13 for a 700ml.

Just searching now 1L is €24 in tesco, and 700ml is €15 (€21.43 per litre).

Both prices valid from 4/11/2015 until 1/12/2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

SuperValu tomorrow only slabs of Carlsberg/Carling/Molson for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Instore. I have spent over €150 this week on the spirit sales in Tesco.
    I'm sitting here right now tipping away on a glass of Glenlivet 12 yr old ...for €21.33 its a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mr. Tickle

Also in SuperValu until Sunday- Whiskey, vodka Gin & Capt. Morgans 2 x 700ml for 30 Euro. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Also in SuperValu until Sunday- Whiskey, vodka Gin & Capt. Morgans 2 x 700ml for 30 Euro. Happy days.

Nationwide? As i dont see it on their website, just 1 litre for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

The 1 litre for 20 is a misprint I think
    But 2x700ml is 30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,921 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

1Ltr Bushmills ,€19.50 in Tesco.

Checked two Tescos today, no sign of it. Best offer was a litre of Paddy for €32

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

kn wrote: »
    Went into the local SV, got the last slab this evening. The price label thing said offer available until 25th, so hopefully there'll be more.

There was plenty of the 2x 700ml of Smirnoff, Capt. Morgans, etc. for €30 deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭omicron

Supervalu giving 2 fingers to Leo Varadkar and his minimum pricing proposals there anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

not in my local I had a look today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just got two bottles of Bells whiskey for €30:)

No captain Morgan left though.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

€44 with a spend 50 get 10 off voucher in dunnes :) happy man

Wynnie12 wrote: »

Feckin A. The O'Sheas pale in ALDI at 1.89 a pop is great too.

Ya should have thrown in some blue moon for later :p

You won't have any trouble brewing so ha

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Overall they are not 'great' offers though. I remember it was Tesco that went BOGOF on €24 slabs (circa 50c a can) one Paddy's day 5 or 6 years ago that started the backlash against the supermarket drink offers.

Tesco has never done 48 cans for €24.... You must have had a few before you went in that day 😉

They had 24 for 24 alright

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Unfortunately you are incorrect.wish they would though....24 for 24 common enough but never 48 for 24.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

5 or 6 years ago there would have been quite significantly less duty on beer so a severe loss leader at that price would have been possible. Its realistically not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

Super Value Newbridge twenty four cans Carlsberg €20. Helped myself to two slabs today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Tesco - Jameson 18yr old - €63.50 (down from €127)

coldfire1x wrote: »

Exceptional price for this - if I had the cash to buy a few bottles and store them away I would; as its likely this will go up in value in time (yes, I know whiskey doesn't get 'older' once bottled - but that has little impact on price increases)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

lanomist wrote: »
    Super Value Newbridge twenty four cans Carlsberg €20. Helped myself to two slabs today.

Went to bray yesterday and they sold out within 30 mins supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    I ask for a case from the back, easier to carry and they don't have to stock shelf. Blacks of kinsale have new labels btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

collie0708 wrote: »
    Tesco has never done 48 cans for €24.... You must have had a few before you went in that day 😉

No. I am correct in that they had a BOGOF on slabs one year that started the backlash against the below cost selling of drink. Its probably 6 plus years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

No. I am correct in that they had a BOGOF on slabs one year that started the backlash against the below cost selling of drink. Its probably 6 plus years ago.

Superquinn had those eurosaver cans for 50c each a few years ago. So 48 for €24. Stomach is still in bits.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

coldfire1x wrote: »

This can't be right, can it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Yes it is. Although it's difficult to find in most stores as most of them dont stock these.

Also picked up 2 bottles of The Glenlivet 12 year old whisky for €21.50 each (half price down from €43) from Tesco :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement