Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There's Aldi stores in the USA ?
    Both versions of Aldi actually. And Lidl too.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭you2008

Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur 70Cl €12.00

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255249776

please dont argue it was €10.00 last Xmas, it not Xmas yet ............:)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

Portmarnock ....Bud 30 Carlsberg 30 Guinness 32 Heineken 32. Presume it is general.

If U have 10/50 vouchers, 1 euro a can for bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sceach16 wrote: »
    Portmarnock ....Bud 30 Carlsberg 30 Guinness 32 Heineken 32. Presume it is general.

I'd hold out buying until Thursday, hopefully reductions then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Quackster wrote: »
    Both versions of Aldi actually. And Lidl too.

there are different versions of Aldi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Seve OB wrote: »
    there are different versions of Aldi?

Aldi Nord and Aldi Sud, and it's Aldi Sud that operates here.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

cython wrote: »
    Aldi Nord and Aldi Sud, and it's Aldi Sud that operates here.
    Aldi Nord operate in the US as Trader Joe's.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

fin12 wrote: »
    https://www.thebeerclub.ie/collections/advent-calendars/products/craft-beer-advent-box-pre-order-now

Has anyone got this before? Don’t know is that a good price or expensive?

A beer advent calendar is pretty cool

I ordered one, have gotten them from Martins and Molloys in previous years and all normally the 99-129 euro mark. Lot of the beers sell for 4 euro or more so while its not a bargain its reasonably priced if you want to try something different. Normally they throw in a glass with it.

Different stores do different versions, some will take out some porters/stouts if you prefer IPAs etc, and some will do Irish only so you can try something local.

I've also had the Aldi wine advent calendar for the last 3-ish years which is about 70 quid. The wine isn't great and all one brand (some are grand, some are pss) but its more the giddiness of opening the door before work and coming home to a small glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I ordered one, have gotten them from Martins and Molloys in previous years and all normally the 99-129 euro mark. Lot of the beers sell for 4 euro or more so while its not a bargain its reasonably priced if you want to try something different. Normally they throw in a glass with it.

Different stores do different versions, some will take out some porters/stouts if you prefer IPAs etc, and some will do Irish only so you can try something local.

I've also had the Aldi wine advent calendar for the last 3-ish years which is about 70 quid. The wine isn't great and all one brand (some are grand, some are pss) but its more the giddiness of opening the door before work and coming home to a small glass.

Thanks ya might end up getting one instead of getting chocolates and boxes of sweets. Ya I’d prefer if they had no porter or stout. I’m not in Dublin, so should I start asking in a few off licenses if they are doing them instead of buying online?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

fin12 wrote: »
    Thanks ya might end up getting one instead of getting chocolates and boxes of sweets. Ya I’d prefer if they had no porter or stout. I’m not in Dublin, so should I start asking in a few off licenses if they are doing them instead of buying online?

You could try, I know Martins, Molloys and Beer Club all do nationwide delivery, and Martins/Molloys can switch some out if you'd prefer to not have certain beers.

They tend to only be done by the bigger off licences, I've yet to see my locals attempt to do one because its a feat to organise all the beers and get special boxes made up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

You could try, I know Martins, Molloys and Beer Club all do nationwide delivery, and Martins/Molloys can switch some out if you'd prefer to not have certain beers.

They tend to only be done by the bigger off licences, I've yet to see my locals attempt to do one because its a feat to organise all the beers and get special boxes made up.

Cool, thanks. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭dodzy

Dunnes update (live now) all branches:

Slabs:

500ml cans unless otherwise stated

Bud - 28
    Hein - 30
    Carls - 30
    Coors - 36
    Guin - 30 (470ml)
    Bulm - 28 (440ml)

Spirits:

Smirnoff - 23 (1ltr)
    Capt Morg - same

Obviously a good saving to be had when you supplement above with the vouchers.

Happy suppin'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Dunnes also have 12 full cans of guinness for 16 which is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dodzy wrote: »
    Dunnes update (live now) all branches:

Slabs:

500ml cans unless otherwise stated

Bud - 28
    Hein - 30
    Carls - 30
    Coors - 36
    Guin - 30 (470ml)
    Bulm - 28 (440ml)

Spirits:

Smirnoff - 23 (1ltr)
    Capt Morg - same

Obviously a good saving to be had when you supplement above with the vouchers.

Happy suppin'

Pretty sur3 I saw Heineken @ 32 yesterday

Add JD 700ml is @ 25

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dunnes also have 12 full cans of guinness for 16 which is very good

They were €15 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dunnes have an advert in today's Independent, as per Dodzy except they have Carlsberg as €28.

All deals valid until Saturday 17th which I assume is close of business that day. Normally they would last until the following Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Fairly annoying that the Guinness cans are smaller. Would have got them but when the Heineken is the same price it seems like worse value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Fairly annoying that the Guinness cans are smaller. Would have got them but when the Heineken is the same price it seems like worse value.

You lose just over a can in the 24. I'm surprised it took them this long to do it. The widget meant the guinness cans were always bigger. Now I guess they are standard 500ml cans but the widget takes up some space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

tobsey wrote: »
    You lose just over a can in the 24. I'm surprised it took them this long to do it. The widget meant the guinness cans were always bigger. Now I guess they are standard 500ml cans but the widget takes up some space.

I'm used to smaller can size in craft beer of 440ml and in those cases I don't mind as the beer is nicer out of a can IMO and you're paying a premium anyway. Mass produced stuff like Guinness and Heineken should be 500ml as far as I'm concerned, that's the size they've always been and its more than a bit cheeky to use some ****e about widget size as an excuse for a smaller can. I know its only 1 can over the course of a slab but if I'm pouring a can into a pint glass I expect it to be just about full, usually the Guinness cans with the head come up to the top, Heineken and lagers a bit short which I can live with but 470 is enough that it'll be fairly obvious to most people they've been short changed even if they don't spot it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

I'm used to smaller can size in craft beer of 440ml and in those cases I don't mind as the beer is nicer out of a can IMO and you're paying a premium anyway. Mass produced stuff like Guinness and Heineken should be 500ml as far as I'm concerned, that's the size they've always been and its more than a bit cheeky to use some ****e about widget size as an excuse for a smaller can. I know its only 1 can over the course of a slab but if I'm pouring a can into a pint glass I expect it to be just about full, usually the Guinness cans with the head come up to the top, Heineken and lagers a bit short which I can live with but 470 is enough that it'll be fairly obvious to most people they've been short changed even if they don't spot it straight away.

The free glasses they were giving away with cans recently are smaller than regular Guinness glasses too, guess it had it's purpose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Lidl bank Holiday weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭borus22222

Jameson Crested Irish Whiskey 70Cl - 25e in TESCO Clearwater

borus22222 wrote: »
    Jameson Crested Irish Whiskey 70Cl - 25e in TESCO Clearwater

got some €5 off 25 from Tesco mail - happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Same here, got the coupons. €20 for a Crested. You cant beat that :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Where are ye getting the vouchers from?
    E20 for Crested- sounds excellent- if I can get it at this.

Where are ye getting the vouchers from?
    E20 for Crested- sounds excellent- if I can get it at this.

Are you part of the Tesco club card? if not just pick up one and start use it :D

you2008 wrote: »
    Are you part of the Tesco club card? if not just pick up one and start use it :D

Nada in the post here, dammit.
    Might give it a few days, if nothing shows up, I'll get one or two @ 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Same as others, had some 5 euro off 25 euro spend vouchers and have bought 3 bottles of Crested at €20 each. Five more vouchers arrived in the post this morning so more Crested ahead!

Nada in the post here, dammit.
    Might give it a few days, if nothing shows up, I'll get one or two @ 25.
    have you ever got any in the past? make sure you are reg with them on line :o and at least shopping there once a while

• Advertisement

you2008 wrote: »
    have you ever got any in the past? make sure you are reg with them on line :o and at least shopping there once a while

I am registered- but don't get shopping online from them......
    I get the clubcard vouchers in the post normally- but haven't gotten any in a while. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement