Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Centra - 12 packs of 500ml cans of Guinness, Heineken and others- @ 14
    Not the best value ever- but really quite reasonable.

Better than Tesco last weekend

Tesco selling 12 x 330 peroni for 21.09, and just to the right of them, they have 18 x 330 peroni for 20 euro:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Tesco selling 12 x 330 peroni for 21.09, and just to the right of them, they have 18 x 330 peroni for 20 euro:eek:

Make sure whichever you buy is brewed in Italy and not UK... seems to be the consensus when it comes to Tesco bargains for Italian beers.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

elperello wrote: »
    Dunnes

4 x 500 ml cans Tennents Lager €4

Dutch gold is a similar price and the bleach is in the next isle if you’re that way inclined.

I know high quality beer isn’t necessarily the main goal here but Tennents? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Anyone been to Newry recently?? Are there any deals for Kingfisher or Red Stripe lager up there?? I can never find these 2 beers in Dublin.

saw bottles of Kingfisher in my Lidl a few days ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

cathalj wrote: »
    Anyone know if Guinness is still €30 a slab in Dunnes ? Thanks.

€15 for 12 cans in Supervalu and Centra

• Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Debub wrote: »
    saw bottles of Kingfisher in my Lidl a few days ago

Yeah I saw them too, and it’s first time I ever see them in Dublin. Tho I did notice the word Export was fairly clear on them. Anyway they were bout €2 for the 330ml bottle so I wasn’t paying that.
    The Chinese Tsingtao €6.99 for 6 did the job for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Newry - Sainsbury's - Chivas Regal 35cl (aka the 1/2 size bottle) reduced to £11 (the other sizes aren't reduced)
    Didn't see anything of any particular interest in beer/wine/spirits other than that- indeed, some of them were more expensive than down here (such as the Smirnoff Spritzers etc- with vary between £1.85 and £2.15 depending on flavour).
    All of the reduced Glenfiddich (12 and 15 year old) gone- shelves bare- staff say they don't know if/when it'll be back in stock (but offered to check Sprucefield- I told them not to bother).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

rubadub wrote: »
    I got 6x €10 off €50 tesco vouchers in the post today, so keep an eye out. I would struggle to spend €50 on food.

The heinekens now have an end date to the offer on them, if they stay true to that date I have 5 weeks of vouchers sorted.

Heineken Cans 24X500ml

Special OfferSAVE 9.99 Was 39.99 Now 30.00
    valid from 5/8/2020 until 1/9/2020

If ever there was a phrase to sum up this thread :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Newry - Sainsbury's - Chivas Regal 35cl (aka the 1/2 size bottle) reduced to £11 (the other sizes aren't reduced)
    Didn't see anything of any particular interest in beer/wine/spirits other than that- indeed, some of them were more expensive than down here (such as the Smirnoff Spritzers etc- with vary between £1.85 and £2.15 depending on flavour).
    All of the reduced Glenfiddich (12 and 15 year old) gone- shelves bare- staff say they don't know if/when it'll be back in stock (but offered to check Sprucefield- I told them not to bother).

I got back on Monday and they had 25% off 6 or more bottles of wine, made it very worthwhile. craft beers were £1.50 and bulmers(uK). 8x 500Ml Bottles £7. That was sprucefield. That said, I was just passing, probably wouldn't go up especially unless I wanted a lot of alcohol!.

• Advertisement

I got back on Monday and they had 25% off 6 or more bottles of wine, made it very worthwhile. craft beers were £1.50 and bulmers(uK). 8x 500Ml Bottles £7. That was sprucefield. That said, I was just passing, probably wouldn't go up especially unless I wanted a lot of alcohol!.

Yes- Sprucefield does seem to be better stocked that the satellite stores.
    Didn't see any 25% off 6 or more bottles offer- and there were a lot of Irish people in the store- but no-one was buying alcohol (usually you'd have people with trolley loads if they saw this offer).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Rockshore 8x 500ml for €10 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Not many whiskey offers around, Tesco no longer doing the caskmates for 25. Got Powers gold label for 23.95 in O Briens, hoping it's nice!

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Make sure whichever you buy is brewed in Italy and not UK... seems to be the consensus when it comes to Tesco bargains for Italian beers.

brewed in Italy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

steves2 wrote: »
    Not many whiskey offers around, Tesco no longer doing the caskmates for 25. Got Powers gold label for 23.95 in O Briens, hoping it's nice!

Powers is a good drop. I’ve seen it for €20 in Dunnes a few weeks ago.

stimpson wrote: »
    Powers is a good drop. I’ve seen it for €20 in Dunnes a few weeks ago.

Not on special in Dunnes any longer (and I'd have severe reservations with your assertion that its a 'good drop').

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Dutch gold is a similar price and the bleach is in the next isle if you’re that way inclined.

I know high quality beer isn’t necessarily the main goal here but Tennents? Really?

Very humorous but if you don't like it best to give it a miss. Kind of obvious really.

Not on special in Dunnes any longer (and I'd have severe reservations with your assertion that its a 'good drop').

Powers is as decent a whiskey you’ll get at that price. I’d have it over Jameson any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Orchard theives 12x568ml 24euro in aldi. Bottles that is.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Powers is as decent a whiskey you’ll get at that price. I’d have it over Jameson any day.
    Likewise.

• Advertisement

The only thing I'd use either for- is for pouring over fruit cakes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

How about a sweet drop?
    Dunnes have southie for 20. Ucks

The only thing I'd use either for- is for pouring over fruit cakes. :)

Your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Well the powers gold label was good, I think it's a higher standard than the normal powers which I wouldn't normally buy, for a cheaper whiskey it's quite nice, normally is 31 or 32 so 23 euro was a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Only alcoholic granddads that happen to still be alive drink Powers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I know that you know how wrong you are.

Excellent Irish whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dunnes booze offers online anywhere? They love hiding them

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Yes- Sprucefield does seem to be better stocked that the satellite stores.
    Didn't see any 25% off 6 or more bottles offer- and there were a lot of Irish people in the store- but no-one was buying alcohol (usually you'd have people with trolley loads if they saw this offer).

You don't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭bkeane

They knew their whiskey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Yeah I saw them too, and it’s first time I ever see them in Dublin. Tho I did notice the word Export was fairly clear on them. Anyway they were bout €2 for the 330ml bottle so I wasn’t paying that.
    The Chinese Tsingtao €6.99 for 6 did the job for me.

You can get kingfisher in Asia Market Ballymount. 24 X 330ml bottles for €34. So €1.42 a bottle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement