Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

As a heads up, if Perlenbacher XXL is in Lidl, then Polish Week, AKA 7.2% cans for €1.50 week, isn't far away :D:D:D

yep and this is the decent perlenbacher from Germany. the normal non xxl stuff is piss from france that is undrinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

glasso wrote: »
    yep and this is the decent perlenbacher from Germany. the normal non xxl stuff is piss from france that is undrinkable.

In the brown bottle?

vicwatson wrote: »
    In the brown bottle?

no it's green but it's produced in Germany.
    all other perlenbacher variants that we get in Ireland are brewed in France.
    only the XXL deal - 8 for 7 euro something is produced in Germany.
    Tastes a lot better.
    you have to look carefully on the box.
    Just bought 2 boxes and enjoying one now - it's the decent stuff. not the most amazing beer ever but very drinkable and a bargain for 85c or so a bottle.
    I never buy any of the other ones as I find the taste nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

his knowledge of perlenbacher knows no bounds

MadYaker wrote: »
    his knowledge of perlenbacher knows no bounds

well I just noticed that one is ok and the rest shyte. not exactly rocket science.

• Advertisement

well I just noticed that one is ok and the rest shyte. not exactly rocket science.

Does it state country of production on the box?

Does it state country of production on the box?

on the XXL one it does yes - on the bottom of the box.
    "produced in Germany".
    it's confusing as the non XXL one (6x500ml) comes in the exact same bottles but is pish that is a totally different tasting (not as good at all) beer and is produced in France.
    this could change again in the future - it's just some brand created by Lidl where they could change the supplier anytime they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

no it's green but it's produced in Germany.
    all other perlenbacher variants that we get in Ireland are brewed in France.
    only the XXL deal - 8 for 7 euro something is produced in Germany.
    Tastes a lot better.
    you have to look carefully on the box.
    Just bought 2 boxes and enjoying one now - it's the decent stuff. not the most amazing beer ever but very drinkable and a bargain for 85c or so a bottle.
    I never buy any of the other ones as I find the taste nasty.

Cheers glasso!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Jeez you'd need a magnifying glass to find that !!! The German one is far better than the French one alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Jeez you'd need a magnifying glass to find that !!! The German one is far better than the French one alright.

Well I never knew that. Thanks for the heads up.

Due to an infatuation with Pale Ales I've only been drinking Perlenbacher when it comes in XXL packs for the last couple of years. I had no idea that they were different in the six packs.

Crazy marketing by Lidl.

You promote a special offer to get people try your beer and then when they decide to buy it again at the full price and you sell them crap.

• Advertisement

I think that what happens is that the normal 6 pack comes from Germany also but for extra supply they have the French crap which they send over here ("ze paddies vont know the difference") the xxl boxes must only come from Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

As a heads up, if Perlenbacher XXL is in Lidl, then Polish Week, AKA 7.2% cans for €1.50 week, isn't far away :D:D:D

You got it!

https://www.lidl-flyer.com/?_ga=2.111193665.47621202.1515524533-1693825710.1494419481#/0dfca709-f47d-11e7-8b51-005056ab0fb6/locale/en-IE/view/flyer/page/6

€1.69!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Argus " a dark strong beer " a huge understatement if ever i saw it.: )

what does this stuff taste like - surely it's pretty nasty?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

After the first one you won't care :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I couldn't for the life of me drink that. Let the men enjoy it instead :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Yea after the first you won't care he's right.its ......strong.it goes well with a nice sheeps head.
    : )

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Actually had one of these to taste last night. Strong, not too boozy which surprised me. What you expect from a 7+% lager to be fair.
    Wouldn't be rushing back for more though. I guess the more you have, the less you care about the taste is correct :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,356 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've got one in front of me right now :)

It's a little bit darker than the average lager, but only slighty

The first time I got them a couple of years ago, it had quite a caramelly taste off it, that's gone now which is a good thing

Tastes fairly good actually and is a lot better than the usual Lidl/Aldi budget lagers. My favourite one though is Tatra, that stuff is yummy, but they get it in even less frequently than Polish Week!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tesco have Casillero Del Diablo various Whites & Reds for €7 each with another 5% off when buying 6 or more so €6.65 each.
    Good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭pjq

Yesterday , I saw 25% off (club card!) 6 bottles wine in Dunnes Waterford , anyone know how long this offer will run?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

pjq wrote: »
    Yesterday , I saw 25% off (club card!) 6 bottles wine in Dunnes Waterford , anyone know how long this offer will run?

Until the 14th of February.

http://www.dunnesstores.com/valueclub-term-promotions/content/fcp-content

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Guinness in SuperValu... 8 cans for €8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Guinness in SuperValu... 8 cans for €8

I saw that advertised but it's in a white plastic wrapping, can anyone confirm if it's the regular cans of Guinness or is it one of their craft offerings?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I saw that advertised but it's in a white plastic wrapping, can anyone confirm if it's the regular cans of Guinness or is it one of their craft offerings?
    Thanks.

Same drink just in a white can to celebrate some anniversary.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Tesco have Casillero Del Diablo various Whites & Reds for €7 each with another 5% off when buying 6 or more so €6.65 each.
    Good price.

This was €9 in Sligo yesterday:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,989 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Guinness 8x500ml €8 Aldi
    196Ox8i.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

8 guinness for 8 quid today in my local centra.

I've heard about centra deals before though and they've not honoured them, so take it lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

4 bottles of large heino.... 650ml at €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

4 bottles of large heino.... 650ml at €10

Where please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement