Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dunnes
    Smirnoff/Captain Morgan/Baileys/Gordons/Bells 3x700ml bottles for €50, you can mix and match and there's the €10 off €50 voucher you get back too.

Ooh sexy ! Valid until ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ooh sexy ! Valid until ?

Runs up to and including this Saturday.

AD, can I ask where you heard this? is there a leaflet floating around the interweb by chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

12 packs of Heineken or Sol and 20 packs of Budweiser or Carlsberg, all on offer from Thurs 12th Oct - Sun 15th Oct
    22366767_1847042781975904_6248495283467966257_n.png?oh=375592dea5872bd23d59cf1abe4aecad&oe=5A821ABA

Chianti Classico DOCG/DOP Riserva 2013
    FFZnXbTl.png

M

AD, can I ask where you heard this? is there a leaflet floating around the interweb by chance?

Half page ad in yesterdays Indo, they also had it on Facebook.

• Advertisement

Runs up to and including this Saturday.

According to Dunnes mgr it's until close of business Monday

M

According to Dunnes mgr it's until close of business Monday

Wohoo 3 day weekend, lol.

Was thinking saturday was an odd day to end it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Supervalu have 12 pack cans of bud and carlsberg €16 till next wednesday but often extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Dunnes
    Smirnoff/Captain Morgan/Baileys/Gordons/Bells 3x700ml bottles for €50, you can mix and match and there's the €10 off €50 voucher you get back too.

Does anyone know if gordons pink gin is included in this offer?

Does anyone know if gordons pink gin is included in this offer?

Not that I saw. Just the regular gin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

d31b0y wrote: »
    12 packs of Heineken or Sol and 20 packs of Budweiser or Carlsberg, all on offer from Thurs 12th Oct - Sun 15th Oct
    22366767_1847042781975904_6248495283467966257_n.png?oh=375592dea5872bd23d59cf1abe4aecad&oe=5A821ABA

Chianti Classico DOCG/DOP Riserva 2013
    FFZnXbTl.png

At Greystones at 10.35 a.m. this morning, all the Chianti was gone. A lady was taking the last 4 bottles before me, and kindly offered me one bottle, but I declined, as she was only getting 4 bottles herself.

Asked a manager if all were sold out, and he said yes, they got 6 boxes, (so that's 36 bottles in total), and customers had them in their trolleys before they could purchase them at 10.30. A customer had 12 bottles in her trolley behind me at the checkout, and as I was leaving the store, I heard the assistant tell her there was a limit of 10 per customer. However, when I returned after leaving my trolley back, she appeared to have bought the additional 2 bottles.

Not impressed.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

So unimpressed I posted twice in error - apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 27,920 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The limit should be 6 per person ie one box... I got the Chianti but missed out on the Barolo last time.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I tried to buy Chianti, too. Wasn't the only customer going home empty handed. Only wanted 2 or 3 bottles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The limit should be 6 per person ie one box... I got the Chianti but missed out on the Barolo last time.

Signs up in Sligo saying limit of 6. All gone by 11am(I got 2)

M

Tesco
    Paddy/Powers/Teachers/Bells 700ml €20
    Gordons Pink 700ml €23
    Jack Daniels 700ml €25
    Smirnoff/Barardi/Gordons/Cork Dry Gin/Captain Morgan/Baileys 1 litre €25
    Jameson Crested 700ml €27
    Jameson 1 litre €35 (apparently regular price is €42.89, wtf?)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jameson 1 litre €35 (apparently regular price is €42.89, wtf?)

1L bottles are, for some unknown reason, nearly always dearer volume wise than 700ml in Ireland

M

L1011 wrote: »
    1L bottles are, for some unknown reason, nearly always dearer volume wise than 700ml in Ireland

Meanwhile the same bottle gets shipped out of Dublin by sea and land to Spain nearly 1500 miles away and it's sold for €18.90...

https://www.carrefour.es/supermercado/detail/Whisky-irlandes/_/R-590213125

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Meanwhile the same bottle gets shipped out of Dublin by sea and land to Spain nearly 1500 miles away and it's sold for €18.90...

https://www.carrefour.es/supermercado/detail/Whisky-irlandes/_/R-590213125

It's a disgrace that the Spanish government don't follow the example of our esteemed politburo and save their citizens from themselves by introducing MUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

15 quid in the lower-tax Canaries.

So much for 'cheap alcohol' in Ireland!!!

Usually, on the main Irish whiskey brands at least, the litre price is almost exactly proportional to the 700mL. There are some good (by Irish standards) offers in supermarkets from time to time on litre bottles, e.g. 32 euro for a litre of Powers currently in Dunnes, and you can use the €10 off vouchers per €50 spend on it. There's also an offer on 700mL bottles 3 for €50 for Smirnoff, Gordon's, Bell's, which is crazy cheap by Irish standards but I still wouldn't drink Bell's :p

Tesco were doing either Paddy or Power's (can't remember) litre bottle for €30 during the week, don't know if that's still available.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Supervalu have 12 pack cans of bud and carlsberg €16 till next wednesday but often extended.

Gone up to €21 now:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

The 12 pack of Guinness is still at €16 until Wednesday.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

We got a SuperValu leaflet through the door this morning.

It's showing the 12-can packs of Carlsberg and Guinness (as well as Bud, Orchard Thieves and Heineken) for €16. Date on bottom of page is 19 October to 1 November.

Also in the leaflet is Corona (Extra and Light) 12x355ml bottles for €14; Peroni 12x330 bottles for €17; 8-can packs of Karpackie, Druids and Molsons for €11.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It's showing the 12-can packs of Carlsberg and Guinness (as well as Bud, Orchard Thieves and Heineken) for €16. Date on bottom of page is 19 October to 1 November.

Also in the leaflet is Corona (Extra and Light) 12x355ml bottles for €14; Peroni 12x330 bottles for €17; 8-can packs of Karpackie, Druids and Molsons for €11.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

In SuperValu Jameson Caskmates (Stout) is down to 30 quid, 12-18th October

Does that mean it's still that price up to and including 18th, or just up to today??....

mik_da_man wrote: »

Does that mean it's still that price up to and including 18th, or just up to today??....
    It includes the 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Is that good,
    What's cask mate like compared to normal Jameson
    Thanks

byte wrote: »

yeah its back down to €16 on their website now, valid 19-25 October and probabley rolled on until 1 November and from then to xmas they will have slabs on offer, if they do the same as last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    It includes the 18th

Cheers folks, will be stopping to make a purchase tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

Noveight wrote: »
    Cheers folks, will be stopping to make a purchase tomorrow :)

The caskmates is a nice whiskey,quite smooth.Crested by Jameson is also available for €30 and is boxed, suitable for a gift 😀

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement