Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AndyOC97

Just with regards to the admission ticket, does everybody else who has it printed off have two blanks spaces? I have a blank space on the top right for 'seat number' and a blank towards the bottom for 'document number' because I'm using my passport. Is this the same for everybody else who is using their passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

AndyOC97 wrote: »
    Just with regards to the admission ticket, does everybody else who has it printed off have two blanks spaces? I have a blank space on the top right for 'seat number' and a blank towards the bottom for 'document number' because I'm using my passport. Is this the same for everybody else who is using their passport?

Your document numbers printed in your passport, it was in the top right of the passport photo page for me. Im not 100% on it but that's what I wrote anyway. Seat number will be written by the person on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭etherealfairy

AndyOC97 wrote: »

Yup, I'm the same so I guess it's like that for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

Im currently in college and doing the HPAT, so yes, you can do the LC and HPAT different years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 leitrimlad1996

How's everyone set for tomorrow? Took today off school to get some last minute practice and rest, no point going in tired!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 imsocool chillininda pool

this is pretty useless but in relation to predicted MedEnty percentiles and actual I know that someone who ME predicted 95 percentile actually got 99 and someone predicted less than 20 got 76! both got trinity so it just shows that it's impossible to tell until you have your result :) Best of luck to ye all! and if ye can at all bring someone ye know with ye to the test, there is a good bit of waiting around and its much easier to stay confident if you've someone to be laughing with :D Also, bring a banana. Even if you hate them. Everyone seems to have a banana. I felt very unprepared due to my lack of a banana....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Out of interest; can anyone confirm some things about sitting the exam for me?

For example:
    1. Do you use just the one answer sheet for all three sections?
    2. Do the supervisors give any time announcements or warnings?
    3. Can you leave your mobile phone under your desk or not? There seems to be conflicting information in the ACER literature about this....

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

ronivek wrote: »
    Out of interest; can anyone confirm some things about sitting the exam for me?

For example:
    1. Do you use just the one answer sheet for all three sections?
    2. Do the supervisors give any time announcements or warnings?
    3. Can you leave your mobile phone under your desk or not? There seems to be conflicting information in the ACER literature about this....

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, you do just use one answer sheet for all three sections.

Yes, there are time warnings.

I don't think you can leave it under your chair, I just left mine with my mother.

:P

this is pretty useless but in relation to predicted MedEnty percentiles and actual I know that someone who ME predicted 95 percentile actually got 99 and someone predicted less than 20 got 76! both got trinity so it just shows that it's impossible to tell until you have your result :)

This has actually made be feel SO much better. Thankyou. Also, made the mistake of doing a practice S2 today (my best section, have gotten 98th percentile) and getting significantly less!! Not gonna let that affect me after reading this. A bit of self-belief goes a long way. We can do this!

See you all on the other side!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 taara

Wishing everyone the best of luck tomorrow! I took the day off school to get some rest and a little more practice in. Has done a world of good so far but now I'm just getting inside my head and beginning to panic. Anyone have advice for keeping calm in the exam tomorrow? The wait before we being will be the worst part. Also anyone know if there will be some where in NUIG (Bailey Allen Hall) for us to leaving our belongings? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Indeed; best of luck everyone, especially anyone who is repeating and desperately trying to follow their ambitions.

I have about ten pencils, 2 sharpeners, and 5 erasers ready for tomorrow... too much? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

Just wondering, Where do you leave your stuff that you're not allowed bring in????
    I'm in trinity btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AndyOC97

Ya I'm the same, like are you literally just bringing your admissions ticket, suitable ID and pencils, erasers etc. Is that it? Are you supposed to just switch off your phone? I'm in UCC Kane building btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hon the Dubs

HELP!!

I printed out my admissions ticket yesterday and the expiry date of my passport has been printed on it incorrectly. I have emailed ACER but no reply as of yet. Can I just use biro to change it myself??? Like I hope they're not as strict about that as they are about my name etc?

*EDIT* I got it sorted, for the record yes it does have to all be 100% accurate

Hey how did you change it? Just realised there and it's completely freaked me out! Can anyone help please??

Hey how did you change it? Just realised there and it's completely freaked me out! Can anyone help please??

Hi, I emailed ACER and they replied pretty quickly. Email them now and they should get back to you. Perhaps see if there's a phone number you could ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dasey

If you press 'manage' beside 'view admission ticket' you can change the expiry date and form of id, and it changes it automatically for the ticket :) so you can do it yourself! Don't worry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Has anyone done the test before and know if there's a secure-ish place to leave bags and phones? Would be unpleasant coming out of exam to stolen phone etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

So the admission ticket says to be to UCC for nine fourty five, but anyone have any idea what time it will actually start at? Best of luck to everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LydiaCatherine

zam wrote: »
    Has anyone done the test before and know if there's a secure-ish place to leave bags and phones? Would be unpleasant coming out of exam to stolen phone etc.

There's normally an area where everyone leaves their bags like I wouldn't worry about it too much

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LydiaCatherine

yoyojc wrote: »
    So the admission ticket says to be to UCC for nine fourty five, but anyone have any idea what time it will actually start at? Best of luck to everybody!

Depending on how long it takes to check everyone in, last year in Ucd I think it started around 10:20am. It's the quickest 2 1/2 hours of your life though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

Are people bringing bags tomorrow or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

OMGeary wrote: »
    Are people bringing bags tomorrow or what?

I'm just bringing a folder w my passport & admission ticket. 2 pencils and a rubber in my pocket and a water bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 9 asdfrewq

Lurker on this thread... heading to bed now! Wishing everyone the best of luck for tomorrow :)
    Positive vibes!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

LEAKED

HPAT 2015 question:

What colour is the dress?

a)White and Gold
    b)Blue and Black
    c)None of the above
    d)A,B and C

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jom95

Hope it all went well for you guys, try and forget about it after it's over, I went absolutely insane analysing it after it finished and it did me no good whatsoever. If you're in 6th year and you feel you did badly, just forget about it and focus on the leaving cert. Even if you feel you did awfully, don't despair, I felt like I completely blew it and still ended up with a good score, you really can't predict it at all! Oh and if you've got the chance, head out on the tear tonight, you deserve it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Xyzta

If you're not sure how you did or if you're afraid you haven't done well then don't worry - I finished last near and I had no idea how I did but I was sure it didn't go well. I didn't do any prep courses and I was terrified - but I ended up getting 91st percentile and I'm in trinity now. So seriously, just forget about it til your results come out and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

Thank **** that is over

Had to guess about 15 of S1 (just couldnt get my head around some questions so had to move on), guess it could have been worse but still not very happy with it

Found section 2 lovely

And section 3... not even exaggerating when I say I guessed the entire thing. So what I could get perhaps 6 right if the odds are with me. Great ;_; Absolutely distraught right now .. :( sorry just needed to vent but will take the advice from above. It's much appreciated

I hope everyone got on well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

That was my first attempt, but found that fairly tough going. Ran a bit short of time in section 1, and ran a good 10 mins short in section 3 so had to guess the last 10 or so questions. Now the waiting game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

Had to guess about 15 of S1 (just couldnt get my head around some questions so had to move on), guess it could have been worse but still not very happy with it

Found section 2 lovely

And section 3... not even exaggerating when I say I guessed the entire thing. So what I could get perhaps 6 right if the odds are with me. Great ;_; Absolutely distraught right now .. :( sorry just needed to vent but will take the advice from above. It's much appreciated

I hope everyone got on well!

Pretty much this^. In section 1, i completely guessed about 8 qs, 10 at most. Got most down to a choice of 1 out of 2 and im confident I got at least 15 right, bare minimum. Section 2 was grand. A lot of section 3 seemed very new, hadnt encountered a lot of it before. I think there was about 10 i guessed, at least 7 i knew were right and the rest i got to a choice of 1 out of 2/3.

Not really happy with it but it was ok. Not the worst test i ever did

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement