Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC DUBLIN 19th JULY **Start time info in post #1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

pauldoo wrote: »
    Considering i was the only negative comment before you said this, it would seem this was directed at me?

I will still be behind all the fighters hoping the irish win and as many as possible remain signed with the UFC. I will most probably still go as ive watched this sport for years, but my point remains that this is a weak card, lacking top ranked fighters/big names

Last 3 fight night main events;
    Nog V Nelson
    Shogun v Hendo
    Gust v Manawa

Seems to me we are getting a weak british type fight night with no main event.

Clearly they think Conor on a main event in Ireland is an equal to them main events,i suppose they look on the the support he got in boston from the irish community and figure well if he is big in america he will be 10 times as big in his home country,so why not milk this,i just hope Conor is getting paid relative to how much we are being milked for this event lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

adamski8 wrote: »
    i think its great some dont like the card. At least that leaves more chance of a ticket for me. I think it already beats the berlin card. Its this level of card or nothing though.

I get the impression that those who are whinging will be first to buy their tickets.

It's so typically Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I get the impression that those who are whinging will be first to buy their tickets.

It's so typically Irish.

too right . lol

figs666 wrote: »
    too right . lol

and just because the names arent known doesnt mean a night of zero entertainment , on the contrary these nobody's are hungry to provide entertainment and will be there giving it 110% . great fights guaranteed .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭RoboRat

and just because the names arent known doesnt mean a night of zero entertainment , on the contrary these nobody's are hungry to provide entertainment and will be there giving it 110% . great fights guaranteed .

Why pay big bucks to see the UFC when you can see that in Cage Warriors for a snip of the price?

• Advertisement

RoboRat wrote: »
    Why pay big bucks to see the UFC when you can see that in Cage Warriors for a snip of the price?

very true ratman

very true ratman[/quote

i saw gunner nelson at a cage contender
    in tallaghfornia basketball arena . there was a lot of tea bags on before him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭RoboRat

i saw gunner nelson at a cage contender
    in tallaghfornia basketball arena . there was a lot of tea bags on before him

I was at that too and it was a good night of fights.

I was at that too and it was a good night of fights.

some dope from a local club got owned that night . yea man . great night

and only 30 euro .

instead of lining dana whites pockets .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

you can do both, which is great as there hasnt been or wont be an ireland ufc in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,181 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

pauldoo wrote: »
    Considering i was the only negative comment before you said this, it would seem this was directed at me?
    I didn't think you were, but I wasn't paying attention to usernames either.
    Last 3 fight night main events;
    Nog V Nelson
    Shogun v Hendo
    Gust v Manawa

Seems to me we are getting a weak british type fight night with no main event.
    The way I see it, the quality of the fights on weaker cards is how I decide if I'll watch it live. I'm missed some if the recent fight night events because they were weak.
    But when we're talking about attending an event, atmosphere is a huge consideration. In that regard, it'll punch well above its weight

Maybe I just look at it differently because I'm overseas and would live to be at home for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

Big names don't guarentee good fights. The atmosphere will be excellent, I'm just delighted it's even on in Dublin to be fair. I will happily hand over stupid amounts of money :)

kg703 wrote: »
    Big names don't guarentee good fights. The atmosphere will be excellent, I'm just delighted it's even on in Dublin to be fair. I will happily hand over stupid amounts of money :)

any ufc event I was at the fans are clowns , pretending to be tough .

the card is crap .

you are paying UFC prices to watch a cage contender card .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

any ufc event I was at the fans are clowns , pretending to be tough .

the card is crap .

you are paying UFC prices to watch a cage contender card .

This is true from being at one event in Dublin and one in London. The Dublin crowd will be full of "will ya knock da fookin' head off him for fook sake!!" type of punters.

I won't be able to go to this card but even if I could I'd prob give it a miss because as you said, you're paying huge money for a v. weak card.

Still though, first time attendees would enjoy it massively no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

Ah you're all a bunch of miserys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Because UFC doesn't come around here every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭jimmer123

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    You sure fightclub presale will happen, look at the small print

***Pre-sale tickets offered only to $75.00 and $150.00 Membership Plans. Pre-sale tickets are not guaranteed. All pre-sale ticket purchases are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis for select US, Canadian, Australian, and UK performances only. All shows are subject to cancellation or postponement without notice. Please consult with the relevant venue for seating information prior to purchase and any changes to the show schedule.

Spotted this myself??? Do we know if the fightclub will guarantee presale tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭bennyl10

jimmer123 wrote: »
    Spotted this myself??? Do we know if the fightclub will guarantee presale tickets?

When announcing they said fight club on the 4th.. So I'd assume?

Presale will be 10% max between newsletter, fightclub and o2.. So will need to be quick if chancing it that way..

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

I've been to a couple of live UFC events in London, seating in the mid price sections, and you can't see **** - spend most of the night watching on the big screen. I didn't bother with the last one as a result.

This will also be expensive no doubt, but the atmosphere will be unreal.. won't be far off Katie Taylor in London, might even surpass it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,671 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus some harsh harsh words from Conor :pac:
    I kinda like cole miller....i kinda love cole miller....i love him like my b*tch....july 19th, if he dies, he dies! Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Jaysus Conor coming across like a fierce bully in this

Jaysus Conor coming across like a fierce bully in this

I'd actually wish Cole would lose it and tell him to F*ck off, I know I would have by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭kingcharles82

Conor sounds like a clown in this interview,do us all a favour and please stop!!!!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'd actually wish Cole would lose it and tell him to F*ck off, I know I would have by now.

Why does he keep interupting Miller when he's talking ?

He's like a broken record, he keeps saying the same things over and over

Turning into Heisenberg now, "Say my name"

OOOOOOOOOO Cole had a great last line, that was brilliant

"When I win performance of the night, I'm gonna buy his mom a caravan in periwinkle blue" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

Calling out Aldo like that......Conor really annoyed me on this interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conor can not do Chael no matter how much he tries.

I didn't like him before and tbh he grew on me alot recently but this interview ****ing hell!

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Conor can not do Chael no matter how much he tries.

I didn't like him before and tbh he grew on me alot recently but this interview ****ing hell!

Chael beat a few people before he got a mouth. The only reason I'm still into him is because he's Irish, if this was Joe Bloggs from Alabama we'd alll be pissing on him now

Advertisement