Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cailindeasciun

Thanks! I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and only have minimal pain so far which I'm delighted with - long may it continue to be this good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Anyone for the " big" scan this week? I still have another two weeks until mine and I can't wait!
    The heat is killing me today, I feel like a hermit sitting inside when it's so amazing out there.
    For the last few weeks, every time I walk for more than 1 minute, I can hear my heartbeat really loudly in my ears. It's so annoying as it can be so loud. Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Anyone for the " big" scan this week? I still have another two weeks until mine and I can't wait!
    The heat is killing me today, I feel like a hermit sitting inside when it's so amazing out there.
    For the last few weeks, every time I walk for more than 1 minute, I can hear my heartbeat really loudly in my ears. It's so annoying as it can be so loud. Anyone else experience this?

I have my big scan on the 10th of July, Really can't wait to get it over with! That sounds terrible but I just want to know all is ok! I haven't had the heart beating thing, Have you had your blood pressure checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 emmcc

I've been hearing my heartbeat in my ear as well, very annoying. Apparently it's to do with increased blood flow and it isn't too unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

Know the feeling :-( Finding the heat very exhausting, and really hard to sleep at night as well. Had the big scan last week, all good so far. Makes it a lot more real, and really amazing to see the face clearly and everything :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

I have my big scan this Friday. Can't wait to get it now, I've been counting down the days!

This heat is destroying me also, my feet are so sore and swollen from going for my walk today. I treated my hubby to a surprise brekkie in work today so maybe he'll return the favour later and I'll get a nice foot rub! :D

I haven't had the heartbeat issue your having but I do believe it can be normal enough to notice an increase in blood flow. If your concerned just mention it to doc or midwife at next visit. A bit or reassurance can go along way some times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Have my big scan this Friday. Very excited about it, seeing bub for first time. It's so cool, my toddler actually looks like the 20 week scan pic we have of her! I know that shouldn't be surprising but I think it is!!

Haven't had heartbeat in my ears, but in different parts of my body!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I've just had a great weekend with my partner and all our kids in Mayo.. 8 kids and sunshine.. An impromptu holiday, He has an apartment in Mayo that he uses when he has his 4 at the weekends and I had my gang for the weekend which is really rare as I haven't had a weekend with them in ages !! (I'm currently in mediation with my ex to sort out access as he won't agree to flexibility)

I've been on slides, swings, roundabounds, climbing frames, running around and really putting my strengthening knee to the test (holding well thank god) I've been swimming in lakes and picnics galore.. falling into bed every night shattered but it's been great fun. My bump is starting to show now and i did get a few funny looks coming off the slide :D

I've had 2 detailed scans now and i've heard the heartbeat once.. the kicking is getting stronger now and is mostly when i lie down at night or first thing in the morning..
    Any time you sit down put your feet up. Up higher than hip level is good for swelling.

Good luck natty_asha and flippyfloppy for Friday. Sure everything will be fine.

Laineycool you are the day before me!
    I'm so relieved to have gotten this far, but from now on will have to attend the hospital twice weekly for dr appointment and scan. Hopefully they can orangise enough to have both on the same day as it's over a 2 hour trip for me excluding all the waiting around. Last week my appointment was at 1 and was still there at 5!

Cbyrd, that sounds like a crazy weekend! 8 kids! Must of been so much fun. Mayo is so gorgeous easpically when we have the weather for it! Fair play to you for getting up to all those activities, I can barely walk up the stairs!

Good luck natty_asha and flippyfloppy for Friday. Sure everything will be fine.

Laineycool you are the day before me!
    I'm so relieved to have gotten this far, but from now on will have to attend the hospital twice weekly for dr appointment and scan. Hopefully they can orangise enough to have both on the same day as it's over a 2 hour trip for me excluding all the waiting around. Last week my appointment was at 1 and was still there at 5!

Cbyrd, that sounds like a crazy weekend! 8 kids! Must of been so much fun. Mayo is so gorgeous easpically when we have the weather for it! Fair play to you for getting up to all those activities, I can barely walk up the stairs!

I think it's really flying along so far, The maximum amount of time I have left is 18 weeks it's a little scary!

I'd say if you give them a call they will put both of your appointments together! I had 2 appointments for the 22nd and 23rd of July and they would each take about 3 hours so I rang them last week and they are just doing everything on the 22nd!

I have my gestational diabetes test then so it will be interesting to see if I have it this time!

I really can't seem to stop eating and it's junk food at that! I'm at the same weight now that I was at the end of my pregnancy on my son! That's scary although I didn't put on much weight towards the end last time so here's hoping :-)

• Advertisement

That's a good idea lainey, will give them a call. The weeks are flying by aren't they? Hopefully the next few months go as fast for us!

For the first few months I wasn't eating any junk but now I've been craving it over fruit etc. I'm hoping all my weight gain won't be too hard to shift. It's all been tummy weight so far as my trousers still fit but obviously won't close! I've put on over 20lbs so far. Can't even imagine how huge I'm going to be by the end!!

New look are having a sale at the minute. Lots of great maternity clothes bargains. Dresses from 7€ and t- shirts 4€ doesn't seem to be online. There is some really pretty stuff there.

had my anomaly scan yesterday and everything from what they could see is perfect! delighted we paid to get it done now as its such a relief knowing everything is looking normal!

Got some great pics of baby too. One in particular that made daddy very proud! ;) The sonographer showed us some of the scan in 3D as we had our little girl with us too and she didnt really understand the 2D images.

Only concern arising from scan is the fact that my placenta is low and to the front. Its just touching the opening to the cervix so need to get that checked again at 30 wks. Chances are it will move upwards a bit over time so fingers crossed!

Happy days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

That'd great to hear the scans went well. It's a huge relief. I have mine Monday so fingers crossed. I've been lucky do far very few symptoms but I've a nasty varicose vein popping out. I'm disappointed because I walk a lot so I didn't see that coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wayword

Hi November mums!
    This is my first post (and first baby!), due on 28th November. Was hoping people could weigh in on the weight issue. My pre-preggers weight was a healthy 10st 2 (I'm 5ft 8) and I lost about 6 pounds in first trimester (even the smell of freshly cut grass turned by stomach!). I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow but I'm only 10st 3. I guess technically I've gained 7 pounds if you count gaining back what I lost but I thought I'd have gained more. Anyone else with weighty issues out there?

Congratulations wayward! As far as I know from the second trimester you should be putting on 1 lb per week, if you were a healthy weight before getting pregnant. So it seems you are on track even if you lose weight before 12 weeks. I think as long as you are eating well, and drs aren't concerned I wouldn't worry! I would love to have that little weight gain! I'm tipping in over 20lb heavier since 12 weeks! I don't know where it's all hiding, it getting harder to lug it around too. I can't even imagine what it going to be like at 30 weeks+!

Congrats to all who've sailed through the anomaly scans. Must be such a relief!
    Good luck today lainey cool.

Does anyone who used a Doppler still use it? I haven't used mine since I felt kicking and was thinking of giving it away but not sure if I should!

Hey wayword and welcome! I wouldn't be too concerned at all. I think most people lose weight in the first trimester, it's quite normal. I lost 7lbs then but have gained it all back along with an extra 5lbs!! My first pregnancy was similar.

Everyone is different but it's normal to lose weight and then gain it again as the months pass.

If your concerned you can always mention it to your doc at next visit but I'd just relax and enjoy the pregnancy!

Thanks Orchids and Natty! I seem to just love to worry :)
    Congrats on all who've had their big scans - ours is 21st. I'll be interested to find out if all the dreams I've been having about having a girl are accurate. I've no preference really though as it's our first.

I wouldn't worry about weight gain either, my sister in law lost 1 and 1/2 stone throughout her pregnancy and gave birth to a 10 pounder like everyone says unless doctor concerned no need to worry! I've gained about 12 pounds I think but I wasn't a skinny mini to start, I was 11 1/2 stone so I need to be careful what I put on.

I had my big scan done this morning and all looks well, I was very nervous getting it done though and was glad when it was over!

We found out we are having another boy! We are delighted and shocked, The 2 of us were convinced it was a girl.

Congrats lainycool! That's great that the scan went well and lovely that you'll have a little brother for your son.
    Thanks for the resassurance too... I tend to prefer hearing things from other mums than from my male GP (even though he's lovely).

Congrats lainey cool ,you're going to be well out- numbered now!

We had our "big" scan on Friday, everything is as it should be. My boyfriend nearly broke his resolve near the end and was debating weather to find out genders or not. We didn't in the end but will probably ask at our next growth scan in three weeks.

Am a bit nervous today though, had some rather vigorous sexy time with my oh on Friday night and haven't really been feeling the babies move so much since. That wouldn't cause any damage, would it?

• Advertisement

Congrats lainey cool ,you're going to be well out- numbered now!

We had our "big" scan on Friday, everything is as it should be. My boyfriend nearly broke his resolve near the end and was debating weather to find out genders or not. We didn't in the end but will probably ask at our next growth scan in three weeks.

Am a bit nervous today though, had some rather vigorous sexy time with my oh on Friday night and haven't really been feeling the babies move so much since. That wouldn't cause any damage, would it?

Thanks I know will defo be going for the 3rd now lol.
    I wouldn't worry about the sexy time, Do you have a doppler? Some days I don't feel much at all, If you are worried though give your midwife a call, Just to put your mind at ease x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Believe it or not a bit of jiggery pokery is actually good for baby :D It increases the blood supply and 'feelings of well being for mum' this is according to '21 century sex all a girl needs to know ' It was on last night :D:D And we're right in the best time to enjoy it ;)
    My liittle one has a pattern now, quiet from about 7pm til 11pm.. then she goes mental til after midnight.. As soon as i get in to bed she wakes up!! But i have been known to poke her a bit to wake her up just for my own peace of mind !!:D

I did have a Doppler, but thought since the babies were moving didn't need it anymore so sold it to fund some really pretty cloth nappies. I have started to feel a little movement again so hopefully everything's ok.

About ringing midwives;,I'm with the pre term clinic in holles street, who would I ring if I needed advice? The out patients department?

I did have a Doppler, but thought since the babies were moving didn't need it anymore so sold it to fund some really pretty cloth nappies. I have started to feel a little movement again so hopefully everything's ok.

About ringing midwives;,I'm with the pre term clinic in holles street, who would I ring if I needed advice? The out patients department?

I'm with the coombe but yes I would just ring outpatient department and they can always transfer you to somebody else if needs be!

They get calls all the time so never feel awkward about calling, I'm sure everything is fine, There is still loads of room for babies to hide in there so things can go quiet from time to time. I think from about 26 weeks is when you count your 10 movements in a day.

I had my anomaly scan yesterday and everything looks perfect. Such a relief, so glad i went ahead and had it. Great to see the baby in such high detail, private clinics seem to have much better equipment than hospitals. We were so tempted to find out the sex, but managed to avoid it, looking forward to the surprise now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Anne2014

Hi, I'm 23 weeks pregnant. Baby started moving in the last 3 weeks. At first it was very light kicks and then last week really strong kicks.
    However, in the last 2 days I have only felt a few light movements and of course I'm freaking out. Has this happened anyone else? Have an appointment with GP on Wed but feels like ages away.

Thanks

Congrats emmcc, does your hospital not provide an anomaly scan? I've had one private scan at 9 weeks send the difference in picture quality is amazing.

Anne, I've been the same as you. I've had some days where they are kicking almost all day and then might have a day when I feel barely anything, I'm 23 weeks too. Apparently this is quite normal ad bubs will still have plenty of room inside to move around. I think it's from about 28 weeks that you should start counting kicks. As I was advised if you are concerned give the midwives a quick call and they can reassure/ advise you on what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Anne2014 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 23 weeks pregnant. Baby started moving in the last 3 weeks. At first it was very light kicks and then last week really strong kicks.
    However, in the last 2 days I have only felt a few light movements and of course I'm freaking out. Has this happened anyone else? Have an appointment with GP on Wed but feels like ages away.

Thanks

Hi Anne. That happened in my last pregnancy at times. I think maybe babies legs & arms were facing away at those times. However do give your midwife a call, that's what they're there for!! Xx

Hi Anne, I'm 23 weeks too and I think this is quite normal. I was in the same boat as you a couple of days ago so I did what midwife recommended in my last pregnancy. Have a cold glass of water/juice from fridge and a piece of fruit and thn lie down and within half an hour or so you should start noticing movement. Worked a treat for me at the weekend so hopefully it will do the same for you. It put my mind at ease but if your still worried call your midwife or GP.

• Advertisement

Thanks Orchidsrpretty. I'm at Portiuncula hospital and no, they don't offer anomaly scans. A lot of the hospitals outside dublin don't from what i can see.
    I only started feeling movement in the last couple of weeks, and it's only when I'm totally relaxed that I can.

Advertisement