Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2014

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

cbyrd wrote: »
    I'm getting my baby home tomorrow after the longest week of our lives! The trauma of the birth left her needing 3 minutes of resuscitation after she was born and left me with obdurate nerve damage to my left leg. 12 weeks with crutches for me 7 nights in special care for her. Every hurdle was overcome only for me to get a big dirty coldsore on Sunday and by Tuesday I was banned from special care so no contact with Ailbhe til today. They were going to stop breastfeeding aswell but after calling infectious disease centre in Crumlin they said it could express and send it in to them.. I came home on Tuesday but leaving her behind nearly killed me cos I didn't know when I'd get in touch see her, it all depended on when the coldsore healed.. I'm waiting hoping nothing else goes wrong, as we had the tummy bug invite house too..:-o week from hell!

Wow cbyrd you've been through the mill. You sound like you're coping really well and you finally get her home tomorrow do hopefully once u get rid of the crutches this will all seem like a bad dream.
    Love the name too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gilly3232

I'm getting my baby home tomorrow after the longest week of our lives! The trauma of the birth left her needing 3 minutes of resuscitation after she was born and left me with obdurate nerve damage to my left leg. 12 weeks with crutches for me 7 nights in special care for her. Every hurdle was overcome only for me to get a big dirty coldsore on Sunday and by Tuesday I was banned from special care so no contact with Ailbhe til today. They were going to stop breastfeeding aswell but after calling infectious disease centre in Crumlin they said it could express and send it in to them.. I came home on Tuesday but leaving her behind nearly killed me cos I didn't know when I'd get in touch see her, it all depended on when the coldsore healed.. I'm waiting hoping nothing else goes wrong, as we had the tummy bug invite house too..:-o week from hell!

get lynsine in chemist or health food shop and double the dose, best thing for healing coldsore. lynsine balm in holland and barret is v good too. trust me suffer from them all my life. when i stop taking lysine i get one - its all the stress you are under

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Sorry to hear you've had a tough time, hopefully you'll both be home together soon and put the rough start behind you. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

gilly3232 wrote: »
    get lynsine in chemist or health food shop and double the dose, best thing for healing coldsore. lynsine balm in holland and barret is v good too. trust me suffer from them all my life. when i stop taking lysine i get one - its all the stress you are under

I used to get them the whole time as well. I've no idea if this is possible when pregnant / breastfeeding but what I ended up doing was getting a prescription about twice a year for the medication they prescribe for shingles. It's the same virus and the medication used to suppress it for me for about 6 months. I'm in a less stressful job now so don't find it necessary but it might be something to ask your GP about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

how are all the November mammy's getting on? we're having a feeding marathon in the last 36 hours. I hope that this growth spurt doesn't last too much longer, I'm knackered! I think my boobies are going to drop off in protest! ðŸ˜
    it doesn't feel like she is almost 2 weeks old cos I missed the first 8 days really.. But she's thriving at home. she has her schedule arsenals though, feeds all night and sleeps most of the day. I'm going to start expressing again on my oh instructions, so either he can do a night feed or I can get it into her faster than a full feed takes (1-2 hours) it's amazing how cuteness gets them everything!

• Advertisement

how are all the November mammy's getting on? we're having a feeding marathon in the last 36 hours. I hope that this growth spurt doesn't last too much longer, I'm knackered! I think my boobies are going to drop off in protest! ðŸ˜
    it doesn't feel like she is almost 2 weeks old cos I missed the first 8 days really.. But she's thriving at home. she has her schedule arsenals though, feeds all night and sleeps most of the day. I'm going to start expressing again on my oh instructions, so either he can do a night feed or I can get it into her faster than a full feed takes (1-2 hours) it's amazing how cuteness gets them everything!
    Yes we were up all night for the first 2 wks too.. It might be ok if u don't have a 2 yr old screaming the house down from half 6 when the baby finally goes to sleep!
    4 wks now and we're in a slightly better routine. Decided to give one bottle a day so her das gives her a bottle about 10pm while I go to bed. Then I might get 1.5 or 3 hrs before the next feed and the same again after that and maybe another hr once the toddler goes to crèche so in total about 5 or 6 broken hrs- I can live with that (just about!!)
    Some of those middle of the night feeds do still take up to 2 hrs but I don't think a btl would help as it's mainly due to her realising she has wind the minute I put her down!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AngiePeach

today I am 41 weeks..cant wait for the baby to be born and wish everybody stopped asking me every single day if the baby has arrived yet, calling babe lazy or being so bloody annoying

I am about to burst!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

How's everyone getting on? 4 weeks old tomorrow, feels like he's always been here! Hoping the magic 6 week milestone will bring more sleep, fairly wrecked at this stage :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

How's everyone getting on? 4 weeks old tomorrow, feels like he's always been here! Hoping the magic 6 week milestone will bring more sleep, fairly wrecked at this stage :-)

Nearly there Angie, went 12 days over and got really impatient towards the end. All worked out well in the end though

Nearly there Angie, went 12 days over and got really impatient towards the end. All worked out well in the end though

Yes I hear u on the praying for the 6 wk mark to bring some more sleep.. Unfortunately I remember just feeling worse on my first as she had a huge growth spurt and I started giving some formula bottles and felt like a failure as a result- oh the mammy guilt!
    5 wks today and the sleep is so unpredictable, only decent naps are in the car so at 5am when I've been up since 3 I'm so tempted to go for a drive in my pjs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

we're not too bad here for sleep! I'm exclusively breastfeeding so madam is co-sleeping at the moment. she'll feed around midnight, 1am, then sleep til either 5 or 6, we made it to 6.30am yesterday! I'm not too worried that it's in my bed, with 4 others to run after during the day it's very important for my sanity I get some sleep! Here's hoping that this is routine rather than her lulling me into a false sense of security!
    She's so quiet, wind doesn't bother her so I guess the teenage years will be hell 😀
    My leg is starting to get some proper movement back, I'm looking forward to being able to drive again in 3 or so weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

hey all, not too bad here. Alex has finally settled well onto the bottles. It was a struggle for the first week or so as I had breastfed at the beginning so he didnt like the change and then was throwing up A LOT! phn made me feel like crap cos he lost so much weight when she came to visit, even though I knew he had myself given the struggle with his feeding. switched him to hungrier feed and he's like a whole new baby and within a week had regained all his weight plus another pound and a half! :D chunky! 5 weeks now and he's starting to go longer at night between feeds which is greatly welcomed.

I will say though that at week 4 the explosive nappies arrived and we have had to retire a number of vests already! :eek:

I myself feel great! started back hockey training after 3 weeks and played my first match (as a sub of course!) last sunday. feels so good to be back to myself. Recovery was definitely a lot easier 2nd time around! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Hey ladies, how are you all getting on? Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas with the little bundles. Mine are 12 weeks now. We don't have a routine so every day is a new story. I'm enjoying being a mummy, it's better than I ever imagined!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Hey ladies, how are you all getting on? Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas with the little bundles. Mine are 12 weeks now. We don't have a routine so every day is a new story. I'm enjoying being a mummy, it's better than I ever imagined!!

We are getting on great, James is such a chilled out little man he was 7 weeks yesterday, He has slept through the nights ever since he was born, Very different to my 1st little boy! I also think they are at a lovely age were they don't have a routine, We have to plan our day around my 18 month old and his naps so sometimes it can be nearly 2pm by the time we get out!

So nice to be not pregnant anymore :-)
    Hope you had a nice Christmas.

A challenging Xmas more than a lovely one really! Hubby was sick, two yr old overexcited and baba is really not a good sleeper... 8 weeks yesterday so I'm praying maybe 12 wks will bring some improvement. 4 hrs is the max first sleep and usually only 2 hrs after that then maybe 30 mins to an hr. I literally have to drag myself out of bed for the third waking... No daytime routine here either as the nights are so all over the place. I just try get her to sleep after an hr to 1.5 of being awake but that can involve walking driving or putting her in sling. I know it will pass eventually... It's amazing really how once the sun is up and youve had a shower you can generally just get on with the day even tho during the night you were at your wits end!

Advertisement