Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2014

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

One big difference between the Irish judges and their British counterparts is that the Irish are so much more intense. They really need to lighten up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Eyepatch wrote: »
    One big difference between the Irish judges and their British counterparts is that the Irish are so much more intense. They really need to lighten up a bit.

Both completely devoid of a personality too so it just makes watching them completely dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

One big difference between the Irish judges and their British counterparts is that the Irish are so much more intense negative. They really need to lighten up a bit.

they really need to figure out how to be a bit encouraging.

Just watching the final final episode now.....

That's the most cheerful I've seen either judge whole series.

I'm disappointed that they showed not a single minute of the cooking by any of the contestants - all filled with waffle and soundbytes and clichés (if I hear "cook from the heart" once more :mad:) - it's a COOKING competition ffs! Show the COOKING!

Did the judges really sit down at a table and scoff 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 desserts :confused: Or was it strung out over the whole day? (Rebel, are you still there? can you hazard a guess?) I've said it before - if it was all at one sitting, whoever comes last (ie serves them when they're stuffed to the gills) has to be at a disadvantage......

My money's still on Diana.....

eta - ah jaysus, I thought it was the final final episode - turns out there's a 4th final episode....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭rebelgourmet

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Did the judges really sit down at a table and scoff 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 desserts :confused: Or was it strung out over the whole day? (Rebel, are you still there? can you hazard a guess?) I've said it before - if it was all at one sitting, whoever comes last (ie serves them when they're stuffed to the gills) has to be at a disadvantage......

I believe the service was 'staggered' over a longer period than shown in the episode. Agree on the dis-advantage though. Bear in mind that the running order shown may not have been what actually happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I don't think there's any comparison at all between the Irish and UK versions, sadly.

I think Diana would want to poison a judge at this stage, not to win the title. Has to be hers for the taking. Although Edel would be a close second - but Diana has a look about her, and a set to her jaw, that says I'ma Gonna Win This Title. And I think she will.

However, hats off to the contestants, none of the above should take away from their achievements! (and patience with and politeness to the judges, for which they all deserve a prize :D)

That would certainly make programme more interesting :D
    Just caught the last bit of the final, I hadn't seen any of this series. The judges are way over the top, surely they don't need to be so glum, and intense. It's food, lads, surely something ye can enjoy...cheer up!

Just catching up on this now, so haven't read whatever posts have been made above about tonight's show. It IS the final, final one, isn't it ??!!

Firstly, can't believe that they split one meal into two programmes. Talk about dragging it out to the point of ridiculousness!

Niamh was a bit mean with her gravy! I'd be bulling if I saw Guinness gravy on a menu and got that little dribble on my meat!!!

Edel. Oh, Edel. Raw pigeon :eek:

Diana can do no wrong. At all.

Only desserts to go, but this is only going one way.

And while I'm at it (grumbling) - why, since the judges made such a big thing of how each chef's menus should be coherent and each course should complement the others BY THAT CHEF, did they then show three starters (yesterday!), three mains, and three desserts.

Daft editing, to put it at its mildest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Daft editing, to put it at its mildest.
    Well, there's a bit of consistency in that: the editing of the entire series was a bit iffy.

.....aaaaand..... that was no surprise really at the end! Well done Diana!!!

I won't be holding my breath waiting for the next MCIrl, that's for sure - but well done to Rebelgourmet for going as far as he did, and to any other contestants who are lurking here reading our comments. My criticisms are reserved solely for the programme makers and the judges. Well done to all the contestants!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I have to admit, I enjoyed the last session. Congrats to all of the finalists, also Rebelgourmet on how they did. Delighted for Diana. Her passion and love of food were rewarded. It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.

I have to admit, I enjoyed the last session. Congrats to all of the finalists, also Rebelgourmet on how they did. Delighted for Diana. Her passion and love of food were rewarded. It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.

Diana has already hit the ground running with her Food Truck 'Food Depot' in west cork, but she is destined for much bigger things. She deserve all the success in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I'm disappointed that they showed not a single minute of the cooking by any of the contestants - all filled with waffle and soundbytes and clichés (if I hear "cook from the heart" once more :mad:) - it's a COOKING competition ffs! Show the COOKING!

I had been wondering why it wasn't very interesting to watch. You make a very good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The half hour episodes were a real turn off for me. I watched on the RTE Player at the end of the week.

Diana has already hit the ground running with her Food Truck 'Food Depot' in west cork, but she is destined for much bigger things. She deserve all the success in the world!

Oooh, that sounds GOOD!!! http://fooddepotireland.com/ (not entirely sure about the photos on the site though, they kind of remind me of the pictures on a bad chinese buffet menu.....)

Do they travel around or only based in Courtmac? Here's hoping they turn up in Schull later this summer when I'm there for Calves Week :D - she'll be getting my custom anyway, for sure!!

Do they travel around or only based in Courtmac? Here's hoping they turn up in Schull later this summer when I'm there for Calves Week :D - she'll be getting my custom anyway, for sure!!

Don't worry about the photos, 'it eats well' as Dylan would say ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I agree, cutting into half hours let it completely lose momentum and excitement.I thought this years was dreadful compared to other years. The contestants were great themselves and seemed up for anything but the production was lack lustre. Last year there were so many cool and interesting tasks and you got a strong sense of all the people involved and who you're favourite was. This year had a sense of "right, lets get this over with".

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I've only watched a few episodes of the Irish version - and hardly any of the UK one - this year, but it's so clear that Dylan in particular makes the Irish show quite miserable.

It has an 'exam' vibe, as opposed to 'entertainment'.

Which is exactly the same with the Irish version of The Voice, compared to the UK one.

We must be a miserable nation! (And of course RTE don't have the cash that's available to the BBC - but a happier judge would improve things greatly!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

I agree, cutting into half hours let it completely lose momentum and excitement.I thought this years was dreadful compared to other years. The contestants were great themselves and seemed up for anything but the production was lack lustre. Last year there were so many cool and interesting tasks and you got a strong sense of all the people involved and who you're favourite was. This year had a sense of "right, lets get this over with".

I usually love MC but didn't even get round to watching the final few episodes because of this, they're still recorded so might get around to it. I found there was a lack of invention dishes this year and getting to know the contestants style of cooking. There was too many tasks cooking other peoples dishes in a professional kitchen. Usually that's only one episode.

And oh GOD the half hour episodes!! Leave it at once a week for an hour next year!

Advertisement