Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What were you AT, Rebel???

Very gracious exit though. Comiserations.

But serious congratulations at the same time - the bloody semi-final, and a fingernail short of the final :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭rebelgourmet

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What were you AT, Rebel???

Very gracious exit though. Comiserations.

But serious congratulations at the same time - the bloody semi-final, and a fingernail short of the final :eek:

Interesting edit of that day to say the least! Story for another day I suppose. That said the girls were deserving of a crack a the title. And I'm glad to have made great friends of all of them. Looking forward to spectating the final. Thanks for the support on the journey. I've been lurking on this board under my real ID for years and have derived great benefit from the posters, so credit due to all. This year, for personal resaons I decided to 'get off the ditch'. No regrets.

Interesting edit of that day to say the least! Story for another day I suppose. That said the girls were deserving of a crack a the title. And I'm glad to have made great friends of all of them. Looking forward to spectating the final. Thanks for the support on the journey. I've been lurking on this board under my real ID for years and have derived great benefit from the posters, so credit due to all. This year, for personal resaons I decided to 'get off the ditch'. No regrets.

Oh do come back and tell us some day!!! (If you feel you're restricted while the show is still on - if not, spit it out now!)

I thought if anyone was going to go it would have been Edel - they didn't go into detail about her "disaster", whatever it was, so I'm not sure how wrong her dish went - and the comments were very general. Very unsatisfactory editing in that case surely.

Do I smell a bit of a fix???

You must have been sick as a parrot to have missed the trip to SA! Really, very bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭rebelgourmet

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oh do come back and tell us some day!!! (If you feel you're restricted while the show is still on - if not, spit it out now!)

I thought if anyone was going to go it would have been Edel - they didn't go into detail about her "disaster", whatever it was, so I'm not sure how wrong her dish went - and the comments were very general. Very unsatisfactory editing in that case surely.

Do I smell a bit of a fix???

You must have been sick as a parrot to have missed the trip to SA! Really, very bad luck.

Knowing who won it, I honestly wouldn't have beaten that person in the final - they wanted it and prepared for it and deserved it more that the others and in fairness, and ultimately, and as much as people criticize him, Dylan spotted that in this person. Fair dues. The winner this year will not disappear into the mist, I promise!

Knowing who won it, I honestly wouldn't have beaten that person in the final - they wanted it and prepared for it and deserved it more that the others and in fairness, and ultimately, and as much as people criticize him, Dylan spotted that in this person. Fair dues. The winner this year will not disappear into the mist, I promise!

I'll bet my next week's wages I know who you're on about, and I had her pegged for it a while back.

And if I'm right, she well deserves it, no matter what she produces in the final!

(Still can't bring myself to say anything nice about Dylan, though :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm so p*ssed off with RTE. I havent watched this weeks episodes yet and just browsing through their website earlier and they have an article with heading saying "Three remain" and a picture of them!!! On this page. Previous weeks they would just have an generic picture and a similar heading so you wouldn't know who got eliminated unless you clicked on it. Such a bloody amateur organisation!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I'm so p*ssed off with RTE. I havent watched this weeks episodes yet and just browsing through their website earlier and they have an article with heading saying "Three remain" and a picture of them!!! On this page. Previous weeks they would just have an generic picture and a similar heading so you wouldn't know who got eliminated unless you clicked on it. Such a bloody amateur organisation!
    How are they supposed to know when you've watched anything?!

Addle wrote: »
    How are they supposed to know when you've watched anything?!

What are you on about, I'm talking about common sense! The point is they had the article on a page with numerous other unrelated articles. All they have to do is have not include the picture and problem solved, I then know three people are left but not who.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭kinklee7

What are you on about, I'm talking about common sense! The point is they had the article on a page with numerous other unrelated articles. All they have to do is have not include the picture and problem solved, I then know three people are left but not who.

They did not publish that until after the programme was aired ? I fail to see your point ?

When will it be ok for them to post pictures in the media so?

• Advertisement

Will you gag people in work etc about talking about it just because you missed it ? I think you are having a hissy fit over nothing tbh !

When will it be ok for them to post pictures in the media so?

I don't think you understand my issue. They can go nuts and post as many photos as they like WITHIN an article but posting it up on the front page of the entertainment section is what annoyed me. Basically gave me no chance to avoid the spoilers.

kinklee7 wrote: »
    Will you gag people in work etc about talking about it just because you missed it ? I think you are having a hissy fit over nothing tbh !

Clearly nobody has ever spoiled a show or movie for you. Perhaps you can list some movies or tv shows you havent seen. I can then spoil them for you if you want to understand how I feel?

Clearly nobody has ever spoiled a show or movie for you. Perhaps you can list some movies or tv shows you havent seen. I can then spoil them for you if you want to understand how I feel?
    No I Don't ! Its like you did not get to see The Eurovision or the World Cup Final etc and then complain the next day when the winners pic is online or in the paper ! Do you understand my point ?

kinklee7 wrote: »
    No I Don't ! Its like you did not get to see The Eurovision or the World Cup Final etc and then complain the next day when the winners pic is online or in the paper ! Do you understand my point ?

Ah come on now, comparing Masterchef to the World Cup :confused:
    Your point seems to be that I should expect to have it spoiled for me and to just get over it? Fair enough, I'll stop posting now as it's ruining the thread.

Ah come on now, comparing Masterchef to the World Cup :confused:
    Your point seems to be that I should expect to have it spoiled for me and to just get over it? Fair enough, I'll stop posting now as it's ruining the thread.
    Your grand ! If you miss it next week, Don't go to rte website until you have caught up on player, Enjoy the rest of the series. PS Masterchef UK is much better and It's on for an hour on BBC 1 tonight at 8. Enjoy !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I have never seen The Sound of Music. Please don't spoil it for me, just in case I ever decide to watch it.

RTÉ is a broadcaster, and RTÉ Player is an add-on service for those who missed the broadcast. Once the show has been broadcast, there should be no obligation on anybody to keep the results under wraps. I knew that rebelgourmet was gone before I had a chance of seeing this week's programmes - but I'm not complaining.

they wanted it and prepared for it

Practice makes perfect rather than natural flair?

They're stretching the final into a fortnight? Typical RTE - stretch it out as looooong as you can. Feck the viewers who might like to see a result any time this year!

Won't be the same this week without RG :mad:

Good girl Niamh, including the geranium from the windowsill in her menu :D

Well, why not!

• Advertisement

Oh the clichés :eek:

Cooked with love.

You really put yourself into that dish.

Cooked with heart.

Can't remember the rest of them, but really and truly..... spare me!

Very interesting task though. The geranium was the most recognisable thing in the whole kitchen - fair play to 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Jesus there really are shag all people interested in this programme judging by the lack of comments. Its just so bad that you cant really blame them, i only watch it out of habit now. The three women are irritating/bland, the Hungarian girl being the only barely likeable one. The older one is a crackpot. Format is just all over the place, episodes are too short to have much cooking in them, but at the same time ive no interest in seeing more of it, when they are in pro kitchens they barely cook, should have called it Master Arranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

Personally I like Niamh she is someone who I would love to see win but I don't see how anyone could beat Diana. Every week she seems to get top comments and to me I honestly don't see how she can be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

... I don't see how anyone could bear Diana....
    My first thought was that you found her unbearable; my second thought is that there is a typo in your post.

It looks to me as if they all have some flair, but Diana has a sharper focus and more discipline. I think she looks like a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

The way they have the programme is split into two half hours is very annoying at the best of times but especially for me this week, as I have to go to the UK for work on Wednesday until Thursday night, so it means I need to stay off twitter & facebook cos the winner will be all over it knowing RTE. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

My first thought was that you found her unbearable; my second thought is that there is a typo in your post.

It looks to me as if they all have some flair, but Diana has a sharper focus and more discipline. I think she looks like a winner.

Sorry yes it was a typo I meant to say beat! To me she is just constantly on her game. I can't remember when she had an off week and I will personally be shocked if she doesn't win!

They are all much of a muchness, the older daft one is clearly the worst of the three.
    Nice contrast between the Uk and Irish versions this week, the UK quarter finalists had their first pro kitchen test where they cooked all dishes from scratch, contrast that to the final of the Irish one where they finally start doing it as opposed to being Master Arrangers.

I don't think there's any comparison at all between the Irish and UK versions, sadly.

I think Diana would want to poison a judge at this stage, not to win the title. Has to be hers for the taking. Although Edel would be a close second - but Diana has a look about her, and a set to her jaw, that says I'ma Gonna Win This Title. And I think she will.

Don't think I'll be tuning in to an Irish MC again, unless they radically change the format. Between the miseryguts for judges, the half-hour programmes, and the daft (and occasionally annoying and frequently unfair) editing, it's just not worth the aggravation it causes me :mad:

However, hats off to the contestants, none of the above should take away from their achievements! (and patience with and politeness to the judges, for which they all deserve a prize :D)

Jesus there really are shag all people interested in this programme judging by the lack of comments. Its just so bad that you cant really blame them

The 2011 thread ended with 677 posts, the 2012 623 posts.
    Maybe they made a mistake transferring it from rte 2 to rte 1?

• Advertisement

The 2011 thread ended with 677 posts, the 2012 623 posts.
    Maybe they made a mistake transferring it from rte 2 to rte 1?

Moreso with the format and totally off-putting judges.

Advertisement