Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prophecy regarding Russia

• 02-03-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭

Blessed Elena Aiello (1895-1961) -Mystic, Stigmatic, Victim Soul, Prophet

http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2011/09/blessed-elena-aiello-mystic-stigmatic.html
    ‘RUSSIA WILL MARCH UPON ALL THE NATIONS OF EUROPE, PARTICULARLY ITALY, AND WILL RAISE HER FLAG OVER THE DOME OF ST. PETER’S. Italy will be severely tried by a great revolution, and Rome will be purified in blood for its many sins, especially those of impurity! The flock is about to be dispersed and the Pope must suffer greatly.’

Not sure this is much of a forum for topics such as prophecy and prayer requests but I think people need to seriously pray for peace. The prophecy from Blessed Elena Aiello is not the only one related to Russia, there are others and all seem to be coming to fruition at the same time. Please pray for peace. God Bless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

indy_man wrote: »

http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2011/09/blessed-elena-aiello-mystic-stigmatic.html

Not sure this is much of a forum for topics such as prophecy and prayer requests but I think people need to seriously pray for peace. The prophecy from Blessed Elena Aiello is not the only one related to Russia, there are others and all seem to be coming to fruition at the same time. Please pray for peace. God Bless.

Has the Blessed Elena have any fulfilled prophecies to her credit against which to calibrate this particular one? I mean, there's a whole industry involved in analysing Russian movement connected to a signalling of end times. An industry which regularly gets egg on it's face when daring to actually hang their coats on a specific time for these events to come to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

Her warnings to Mussolini turned out to be fairly accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭indy_man

Indeed there is a lot of prophecy I would avoid, Blessed Elena Aiello's I pay attention to. Also pay attention to Fatima, I'm not going to try and defend it here too much all the information you need is out there and the 80,000+ eye witnesses to the Miracle. Fatima also warns us about Russia, it is now nearly 100 years since the miracle of the sun, 96-97 years. Many believe it is very pertinent to these next few years, which could be the foretold chastisement or maybe even tribulation. Any events I have ever attended related to Fatima I have never had to give anyone money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

The thing about prophesies regarding Russia is that they are very euro centric and of their time. No one ever mentions China who are now the world super power.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    The thing about prophesies regarding Russia is that they are very euro centric and of their time. No one ever mentions China who are now the world super power.

Point 2 below indirectly relates to China or anywhere where Communism has spread to like North Korea and many others.

The Message of Fatima accurately predicted in 1917 all of the following events which came to pass:

(1) the end of World War I;

(2) the emergence of Russia as a world power which would "spread its errors (including Communism) throughout the world ... raising up wars and persecutions against the Church";

(3) the election of a Pope who would be named Pius XI;

(4) the waging of a second World War following a strange light in the night sky.

The Message of Fatima also predicted that if the requests of the Virgin Mary at Fatima are not honored, many souls will be lost, "the Holy Father will have much to suffer", there will be further wars and persecutions of the Church and "various nations will be annihilated." The annihilation of nations predicted at Fatima has not yet occurred, but many fear that it will soon happen, given the growing immorality and corruption of the world.

This is the point of my original post, to encourage prayer that will help lessen any such chastisement.

• Advertisement

Her warnings to Mussolini turned out to be fairly accurate.

What did she say that went beyond generalities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

The "errors of Russia" are the key here... We live in a world were cultural Marxism is the prevalent philosophy and you are deemed a nut if you object. These errors refer to the promiscuity, materialism and debasement which stem from the core of Communism - an atheistic worldview.

The "errors of Russia" are the key here... We live in a world were cultural Marxism is the prevalent philosophy and you are deemed a nut if you object. These errors refer to the promiscuity, materialism and debasement which stem from the core of Communism - an atheistic worldview.

They do? who woulda thunk it!
    Odd that Mosses, Jesus and Marx were all Jewish.

Things have become worse in Ukraine, since this thread started.

There seems to be a whole lot of prophecy coming to pass. scary.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az4dzdS79jU&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

The Prophecy from Rabbai Kaduri addmited the Massiah as Yoshua (Jesus) and he will return shortly after the death of Ariel Sharon.

Concita Gonazales of Garabadal has yet to reveal what the Virgin Mary told her and joey Lemingino has yet to recover his sight...he is in his 80s now.

St.Malachy claimed we would have 112 popes since his prophecy and we are currently under the last pope.

More and more Prophecy all seem to be coming together.

Sorry for the spelling guys!!

• Advertisement

I know that Polish priest have handed out over 700,000 Rosaries during the Majdan demonstrations and the aftermath ... lets just hope that this is the "Russia Converts" prophecy being fulfilled...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

I seen 3 magpies today

jacksie66 wrote: »
    You can't predict the future. Nobody can. It's scientifically impossible. Time is a man made construct.

Please don't derail this topic with your ignorance of prophecy. There are thousands of examples of prophecy that were fulfilled, this has been discussed time and time again, go research. In particular check out old testament prophecy related to the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Can people with no Christian faith not try and change the subject please.

I know that Polish priest have handed out over 700,000 Rosaries during the Majdan demonstrations and the aftermath ... lets just hope that this is the "Russia Converts" prophecy being fulfilled...

Ukraine was recently consecrated to the immaculate heart of Mary, lets hope this will help towards peace. Signs are this will be an avalanche, I think prayer and repentance from the west is what is being called for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

Sounds much more like a misinterpretation of the old WWII prophecies.

1 Corinthians 13:8
    Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Thing is, you only have to let the world turn in order to generate prophecy fulfilling events. For example, Russia being a super-power of sorts means we can expect them to be getting into conflict hither and thither and on ongoing basis.

-

My earlier question remains unanswered: is there anything specific 'prophesied' before the event was on the horizon, which subsequently happened - such as to lend credence to these so-called prophets.

The holy father "having to suffer" isn't specific: it's so general as to be meaningless. Ditto nations being "annihilated". Nations have come and gone since time began - not least Israel 'coming' in 1948.

You might believe that prophesying is happening in these cases but you've no actual basis for that belief if prophesy is so malleable as to work in just about any place at just about any time.

what a day wrote: »
    St.Malachy claimed we would have 112 popes since his prophecy and we are currently under the last pope.

Interesting. What will you do if/when pope number 113 turns up?

http://www.thelastpope.com/
    On the other hand, if the Malachy list is not complete, then we will need to wait for another pontiff/religious leader to fulfill some or all of the above
    So their you go! If 113 turns up we are in holding mode.

• Advertisement

The Americanism "like trying to nail Jello to the wall" rings true of disaster-movie style prophesy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Reinterpret the 'prophecies'.

1 Corinthians 13:8
    Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Acts 2:17-18
    “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.

Why are there so many great prophets in the Bible if we are to ignore prophecy?

I don't give much credence to unapproved prophecy like St Malachys list of popes. There is plenty of approved ones, Fatima and Our Lady of Akita are very relevant to our times. I would also advise anyone interested to also read the approved writings of the Polish nun St Faustina.

Before I come as the just judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort: "All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day. " - Saint Faustina, AD 1937

ryan101 wrote: »
    Sounds much more like a misinterpretation of the old WWII prophecies.

Indeed there were events about WW2 foretold from Fatima that have happened and I mentioned in an earlier post. What WW2 prophecies do you refer to?

The Message of Fatima also predicted that if the requests of the Virgin Mary at Fatima are not honored, many souls will be lost, "the Holy Father will have much to suffer", there will be further wars and persecutions of the Church and "various nations will be annihilated." The annihilation of nations predicted at Fatima has not yet occurred, but many fear that it will soon happen, given the growing immorality and corruption of the world.

Indeed there were events about WW2 foretold from Fatima that have happened and I mentioned in an earlier post. What WW2 prophecies do you refer to?

That's WWII again.
    Fatima's prophecies had their time and place.
    The Fatima prophecies, which took us as far as the assassination attempt on JPII, are done and dusted.
    Sr Lucia confirmed so herself before her death.

You need to be moving onto Medjugorje, that's where it's at.

It's the continuation and conclusion of Fatima for our current age, when/if it gets Church approval.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Many nations disappeared as a result of WW2. how has this not already been fulfilled?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

ryan101 wrote: »
    That's WWII again.
    Fatima's prophecies had their time and place.
    The Fatima prophecies, which took us as far as the assassination attempt on JPII, are done and dusted.
    Sr Lucia confirmed so herself before her death.

You need to be moving onto Medjugorje, that's where it's at.

It's the continuation and conclusion of Fatima for our current age, when/if it gets Church approval.

The request for the conversion of Russia hasn't been fulfilled. They don't seem too "converted" to me anyway!

newmug wrote: »
    The request for the conversion of Russia hasn't been fulfilled. They don't seem too "converted" to me anyway!

We're watching it year after year. 41% of the people now adhere to the Russian Orthodox Church and this is rapidly rising, with the leader of Russia, a former KGB officer, actively promoting it. Orthodox priests are wheeled regularly on request out to bless the Russian troops. That is an unimaginable turnaround from just 1980's and days of the USSR.

• Advertisement

Interesting story related to the consecration of Russia , 100% verifiable by doing a quick google search:

Any person with a remote interest in Catholicism will know that when the Virgin Mary appeared in Fatima, one of her main requests was the consecration of Russia to her Immaculate Heart, to prevent the country spreading its "errors". We know these "errors" refer to Communism and all the evil isms related to it. Pope Pius XI did this in 1942, but the ceremony was not accepted (for reasons I will not go into here). The next Pope to try and complete Mary's request was none other than JP II. He consecrated the world to her Immaculate Heart on March 25th 1984 and simultaneously in Moscow his messenger, Cardinal Hnilica consecrates the Soviet Union. Why is this significant?

In the 1980s the USSR was losing the cold war to the west. It was collapsing economically and the despotic Soviet leaders prepared for a last gamble, an all out assault on Europe , ulitlising nuclear weapons and millions of troops (please google the Kuklinski revelations. For a very broad view on the subject you can watch the 2014 film Jack Strong, but it does not show the whole story). On the 13th of May 1984 (on the anniversary of the Fatima apparitions) a huge, unexplained explosion occurs in the Soviet naval base of Severmorsk, crippling the Soviet atlantic fleet (even Wikipedia has an entry on the Severmorsk explosion). Military strategists are certain to the result of this explosion: from that point on the USSR had absolutely no chance of winning a war with the west. The baffled Soviet leaders turn to Perestroika instead.

Meanwhile in Poland, the passionate sermons delivered by JP stir millions to join the Solidarity movement and throw off the Communist oppressors once and for all. The USSR ceases to exist in 1991.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

I have a question (from a non-religious standpoint) and I don't intend to be rude/offend - my apologies if I do.

I saw this thread and clicked out of curiousity - and I genuinely didn't know that there were modern prophets around, or that Christians still believed them (quite happy to admit that this is through my own ignorance - I was raised without religion, and have little/no scriptural knowledge). My question is, how widespread is the belief in these prophecies, and how many interpretations are there? Are there a few events/figures who are widely accepted to be on the horizon, and the rest is a little unclear? Is the belief in prophecy a majority or minority view within Catholicism?

Again, I do not mean to offend, I'm just curious - I was under the impression that the whole prophecies about the end of the world thing was more prevalent in evangelical types than in Catholicism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Does this mean I'll get the witness the re-unity gig for "The Jimi Hendrix Experience" when the good lord decides to show his ass to us for the second time. Praise be Jimi

DM addict wrote: »
    I have a question (from a non-religious standpoint) and I don't intend to be rude/offend - my apologies if I do.

I saw this thread and clicked out of curiousity - and I genuinely didn't know that there were modern prophets around, or that Christians still believed them (quite happy to admit that this is through my own ignorance - I was raised without religion, and have little/no scriptural knowledge). My question is, how widespread is the belief in these prophecies, and how many interpretations are there? Are there a few events/figures who are widely accepted to be on the horizon, and the rest is a little unclear? Is the belief in prophecy a majority or minority view within Catholicism?

Again, I do not mean to offend, I'm just curious - I was under the impression that the whole prophecies about the end of the world thing was more prevalent in evangelical types than in Catholicism.

I'll answer you as a Catholic, but by no means do I speak for all Catholics or from an "official" Catholic POV. This is just my personal opinion, and I'm Catholic.

The whole "end of the world" thing is part and parcel of Christianity. Its written in the Bible, that one day Jesus will return, kick arse, and then the world will end. What will happen is that everybody, alive and dead, will be judged according to how they lived, and then they will either go to Heaven or Hell.

Now, regarding prophets and prophecies, they come and go all the time, always have, always will. Some I believe, some I don't. Same with most Catholics. You don't have to believe any particular prophecies to call yourself a Catholic.

Now, the Church "approves" some prophecies. That's not to say they endorse them, just that they agree something supernatural took place, and it looks like it was genuine. They do a fairly extensive scientific stress test on any claimed visions, messages etc. Most claims actually fail.

Regarding most of these Marian visions, the spooky thing is most of the predictions came true. And these are BIG predictions. World wars, assassination attempts, cultural upheavals. A spate of them have happened in the last hundred years or two (Fatima, Lourdes, Knock, Garabandal, Medjegory, Guadeloupe) and the common theme seems to be that Jesus's second coming is just around the corner, and he's p1ssed off at people for not living in a Christian way. The few predictions that haven't come true YET don't have much time to come to fruition, eg. the case of Joey Lomangino - Mary promised his sight would be restored before he dies, and that it would happen at a major supernatural event relating to her predictions - he's 83(?) now.

Another spooky thing is all the coincidences that occur around these prophecies. Too many to list, but just take the Severmorsk explosion for example. In 1984, Russia was about to launch one last attack on the west. A massive fire destroyed their Northern Naval fleet, and most of their missiles, thwarting WW3. Google what date it happened on? Then Google what date Pope John-Paul 2 was shot? Then the date of the first apparition at Fatima? These things cant possibly be orchestrated.

I'll answer you as a Catholic, but by no means do I speak for all Catholics or from an "official" Catholic POV. This is just my personal opinion, and I'm Catholic.

The whole "end of the world" thing is part and parcel of Christianity. Its written in the Bible, that one day Jesus will return, kick arse, and then the world will end. What will happen is that everybody, alive and dead, will be judged according to how they lived, and then they will either go to Heaven or Hell.

Now, regarding prophets and prophecies, they come and go all the time, always have, always will. Some I believe, some I don't. Same with most Catholics. You don't have to believe any particular prophecies to call yourself a Catholic.

Now, the Church "approves" some prophecies. That's not to say they endorse them, just that they agree something supernatural took place, and it looks like it was genuine. They do a fairly extensive scientific stress test on any claimed visions, messages etc. Most claims actually fail.

Regarding most of these Marian visions, the spooky thing is most of the predictions came true. And these are BIG predictions. World wars, assassination attempts, cultural upheavals. A spate of them have happened in the last hundred years or two (Fatima, Lourdes, Knock, Garabandal, Medjegory, Guadeloupe) and the common theme seems to be that Jesus's second coming is just around the corner, and he's p1ssed off at people for not living in a Christian way. The few predictions that haven't come true YET don't have much time to come to fruition, eg. the case of Joey Lomangino - Mary promised his sight would be restored before he dies, and that it would happen at a major supernatural event relating to her predictions - he's 83(?) now.

Another spooky thing is all the coincidences that occur around these prophecies. Too many to list, but just take the Severmorsk explosion for example. In 1984, Russia was about to launch one last attack on the west. A massive fire destroyed their Northern Naval fleet, and most of their missiles, thwarting WW3. Google what date it happened on? Then Google what date Pope John-Paul 2 was shot? Then the date of the first apparition at Fatima? These things cant possibly be orchestrated.

Newmug you explain this very well. Catholicism has an extensive list of approved apparitions and associated prophecies and many are coming to what it seems as some kind of conclusion soon or you could say as a result of mankind's actions. As a Catholic and as a Christian we see the signs all around us and the pace of signs appearing is increasing right now.

Newmug you mention Garabandal, I am a believer in this amazing series of apparitions as was Padre Pio and many others. One message given to Chonchita Gonzalaez was "When Communism Comes Again, Everything Will Happen"

Did anyone see footage from the V day parade in Moscow... Is this not chilling? Is communism coming again.

v-day.jpg

Remember Stalin painted himself as a saint once to get on the side of the people, then he slaughtered millions of Christians.

saint.jpg

Time to get close to God people and pray.

If you want to know what "Everything" means regarding Garabandal, then watch some of the documentaries about Garabandal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

Thanks indy man and new guy- whole bunch of info there I didn't know. Very informative. I had no idea there were people who went around and authenticated prophecies- although it makes sense, as soon as I think about it.

Thanks again for the clarification

• Advertisement

DM addict wrote: »

Civil questions never offend DM, Newmug gave a very good summary for something that is very hard to summarise.

I would just add that official teaching of the Catholic Church is that the last public revelation ended with the death of the last apostle.

Regarding predicting the end of the world, it doesn't have a big focus in Catholicism at all. Mainstream Catholicism, with good reason, shies away from that stuff completely.

As Christ says in Gospels the “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father

“Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn."

So, for Catholics, if you hear of anyone trying to predict the imminent end of the word, it is bunkum

Now . . apparitions . .

The very very rarely officially approved Catholic apparitions, like Lourdes and Fatima are treated as private revelation only, and they cannot contradict current teaching or add to it, they can only emphasis and reiterate parts and aspects of Catholic teaching in the current age. And, very importantly, as they are private revelations, no Catholic is actually obliged to believe in any apparition from Knock to Fatima, but they are permitted to believe, in the officially approved apparitions, if they wish to, and many/some do.

Again, the main emphasis of any approved apparition is always to just re-emphasise current Catholic teaching for the current age.
    Usually in these apparitions the continued importance of mass, prayer, repentance, fasting, and scripture, is emphasised. They are rarely any more complicated than that.

As a side issue to re-emphasising Catholic teaching, some of these approved apparitions also sometimes obscurely predict world changing events, they are not the main focus of the apparition, and these prophecies never predict the actual end of the world.

However, as the Catholic Church is a very broad Church of 1 billion Catholics, a small minority of Catholics do sometimes get very hung up and side tracked onto prophecies, rather than the main message of the apparitions.

Some of these people, then end up unintentionally splitting off and following all sorts of obscure interpretations of approved apparitions and unapproved apparitions, that often contradict Catholic teaching completely. But, for those that know their Gospel, not following and running after false prophets and interpretations was one of the most important warnings in the scriptures.

The main message for Catholics in all of this is that if you remember to keep emphasising mass, prayer, repentance, fasting, and scripture, in your life, any world changing events that go on around you will be ultimately irrelevant to your spiritual well being and salvation.

Agreed. St John of the cross had no time at all for private revelation and it is well advised to stick to approved apparitions if any at all, but my reason for starting this thread was to discuss the possibility that current events in Ukraine and Russia align with various approved apparitions and prophecies.

Indeed too much prophecy will lead to false prophecy and there is way too much false prophecy and wrong conspiracy floating around particularly on youtube.

Acts 2:17-18
    “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.

The trouble is, we first have to test the prophets in order to begin to suppose it's last days. Therein lies the problem..
    Why are there so many great prophets in the Bible if we are to ignore prophecy?

We're not to ignore it. We're to test it. And unless someone can point to something concrete predicted to occur (wars, nations falling and errors of Russia don't qualify given their imprecision) then you can't distinguish it from guff.

Well Jesus said somewhere in Matthew's gospel that the Second Coming will occur after "wars and rumors of war" . What happened in Syria and now in the Ukraine makes you wonder...

Well Jesus said somewhere in Matthew's gospel that the Second Coming will occur after "wars and rumors of war" . What happened in Syria and now in the Ukraine makes you wonder...

There are always wars and rumours of wars.

• Advertisement

The trouble is, we first have to test the prophets in order to begin to suppose it's last days. Therein lies the problem..

We're not to ignore it. We're to test it. And unless someone can point to something concrete predicted to occur (wars, nations falling and errors of Russia don't qualify given their imprecision) then you can't distinguish it from guff.

The return of communism was predicted. After the return of communism the warning of Garabandal will appear in the sky also mentioned by St Faustina and as the sign in the sky in Revelation. This will be a cross in the sky. Many believe this will be in the next few years, so lets see if communism spreads across Europe again..

Just for the info of anyone reading this thread, the Catholic Church has never approved even indirectly the Garabandal movement, and it has never encouraged or blessed Garabandal promoters or centers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Ye do realise that every single one of these "prophecies" ever uttered by any "prophet" are kept so vague that anyone (and that is literal) can fulfill them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

The return of communism was predicted. After the return of communism the warning of Garabandal will appear in the sky also mentioned by St Faustina and as the sign in the sky in Revelation. This will be a cross in the sky. Many believe this will be in the next few years, so lets see if communism spreads across Europe again..
    That's a relieve. Then we don't have to fear anything in the near (or even medium) future, As we didn't have Communism in Europe yet (all we had were Stalinist dictatorships), we need to have Communism first, than it needs to disappear and to return again.
    I predict (pun intended) that that will take a while (especially as we seem to go towards dictatorships again, rather than Communism).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You do realise Russia isn't communist any more? In fact, it's becoming increasingly fascist - extreme nationalism (at the expense of its neighbours' territory), a tight bond between the state, large corporations and the Orthodox Church and an increasingly totalitarian state.

The return of communism was predicted.

Well perhaps unpack this one for me. What was said and when was it said for starters. I would point out my low tolerance for that which needs to be "interpreted" to mean that which is it is purported to mean. I'm looking for clear and unambiguous prediction - not Book of Revelation-speak.

mdebets wrote: »
    That's a relieve. Then we don't have to fear anything in the near (or even medium) future, As we didn't have Communism in Europe yet (all we had were Stalinist dictatorships), we need to have Communism first, than it needs to disappear and to return again.
    I predict (pun intended) that that will take a while (especially as we seem to go towards dictatorships again, rather than Communism).

Much of Europe was under Soviet rule until early 90's as you no doubt know. This is what is meant in this prophecy as communism.

Well perhaps unpack this one for me. What was said and when was it said for starters. I would point out my low tolerance for that which needs to be "interpreted" to mean that which is it is purported to mean. I'm looking for clear and unambiguous prediction - not Book of Revelation-speak.

But you miss the point - none of these things are "predictions" per se. They are visions and apparitions, which show a possible consequence, if X, Y or Z are not adhered to. So you will never get specific dates about things, just a warning that things aren't going according to plan, and here's how to fix it.

Take the second secret of Fatima for example. Mary told the children that WW2 would break out "during the pontificate of Pius 11th", IF people didn't stop sinning. On one hand, that's fairly specific, but on the other hand, it could be anywhere in a 40 odd year timeframe (17 years as it turned out, 22 years to outbreak of war).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_F%C3%A1tima

On May 13, 1917, Lúcia described seeing a lady "brighter than the sun, shedding rays of light clearer and stronger than a crystal goblet filled with the most sparkling water and pierced by the burning rays of the sun". Astonished they ran back to their village and told everyone./COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0066cc]3[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0066cc Further appearances were reported on June 13 and July 13. In these, the lady asked the children to do penance and Acts of Reparation and make personal sacrifices to save sinners. According to Lúcia's account, the lady also confided to the children three secrets, now known as the Three Secrets of Fátima.

But you miss the point - none of these things are "predictions" per se. They are visions and apparitions, which show a possible consequence, if X, Y or Z are not adhered to. So you will never get specific dates about things, just a warning that things aren't going according to plan, and here's how to fix it.

But isn't the problem then one of vagueness? And in that lack of specifics, the possibility of making the visions and apparitions fit after the fact?
    Take the second secret of Fatima for example. Mary told the children that WW2 would break out "during the pontificate of Pius 11th", IF people didn't stop sinning. On one hand, that's fairly specific, but on the other hand, it could be anywhere in a 40 odd year timeframe (17 years as it turned out, 22 years to outbreak of war).

Pius 11th died on the 10 February 1939. WWII broke out 1st September that year. The trouble about war (if you wiki the list of wars going back) is that it is more or less unbroken. It's not hard to predict a worse war than the war before and certainly not hard to predict war moving towards breaking out since war never stops moving towards breaking out.

I'm not sure what to make of "if the people didn't stop sinning then..". I mean, people will sin almost from the day they are born til the day they die without taking time for a breath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

The "great sign", "a night lit up by an unknown light," occurred on January 25, 1938

On March 12, 1938, German troops march into Austria to annex the German-speaking nation for the Third Reich.

• Advertisement
Advertisement