Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Monday March 3rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You know, if they took Ziggler, Miz (who was moaning on screen) and Punk, they could create a worse stable of faces who want to fight the "Older" guys. Even throw in Punk. Try and make a modern day DX-style rebellion group...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

people are forgeting that brooooccckkk lesnar and old man taker are scheduled to appear. no way the crowd is ****ting over taker or lesnar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

gnfnrhead wrote: »

It's like the Ryder situation. It must be so down heartening for the likes of Ziggler. The guys busts his balls and gets little more than a slap in the face from WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It's like the Ryder situation. It must be so down heartening for the likes of Ziggler. The guys busts his balls and gets little more than a slap in the face from WWE.

hes just aint profitable unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ricero wrote: »
    hes just aint profitable unfortunately

Vince is that you?

He was red hot when he won the world title. He prob shouldn't have ran his mouth like he did but WWE completely killed his momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Fair play to him, he's got some testicular fortitude. It shows that he really has courage and badass-ness to stand up to the authorities something, that is downplayed on screen. The fact he is willing to sacrifice his career to make these comments show how passionate he is, but unfortunately WWE is all about comformity these days.

Also it's strange that WWE edited it out - I thought the consensus was that Batista was Heel and Ziggler was face?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd say we can use this thread to discuss Monday's Raw, anyways according to PWTORCH.COM, The Undertaker is scheduled for an appearance on Monday's Raw live from Chicago, Brock Lesnar will also be there.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_76719.shtml#.UxJ-h-N_szI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

You know, if they took Ziggler, Miz (who was moaning on screen) and Punk, they could create a worse stable of faces who want to fight the "Older" guys. Even throw in Punk. Try and make a modern day DX-style rebellion group...

What about Ryder?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Seen a twitter page about hijacking this monday nights raw. Theres alot of tweets for #hijackraw. I would love it if punk bought a ticket and sat in the front row through out the whole show, but cant see it happening..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Seen a twitter page about hijacking this monday nights raw. Theres alot of tweets for #hijackraw. I would love it if punk bought a ticket and sat in the front row through out the whole show, but cant see it happening..

That would be incredible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Meltzer says Punk will probably be back Monday night.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

deano546 wrote: »
    Meltzer says Punk will probably be back Monday night.

Hardly breaking news we've all speculated that since he left and Meltzer said himself there's a chance he would.

That's like me saying every week there's a chance Bryan will win the WWE Title this week and when he doesn't I can say I only said there was a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

IF
    CM Punk does come back Monday Night,
    i'll stay up to watch Raw to believe it, anything that's said on the internet, especially wrestling dirt sheets ((though they can usually be right) must be taken with a grain of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ShagNastii wrote: »

The thing is in the 15 years ago they could have jumped ship to WCW and reinvented themselves for a year or two and if that didn't work out jump back to WWE.

Now that the WWE is the only game in town all the mid card talent are going to struggle and become bland and the crowd won't care. This is the reason all the part timers are coming back as the get crowd reactions then go away for 5/6 months or longer before coming back fresh. They are not been seen week in week out losing.

Ziggler/Miz/Kofi/Del Rio/Swagger etc will all struggle ever to become top guys for any lenght of time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Some people have no chance of being top guy. That is okay.

What is stupid is consistently making people look worthless or an easy victory for a top guy. It takes away any impact and even any chance of them earning cash for WWE.

Take Kofi, a high flyer, colourful, Kids always react to him. Can go weeks and weeks without being seen and then just get beaten by Del Rio. He is never in a storyline, never put in a position to add value. Ziggler is now in a similar position. Its stupid as fans stop caring, talent become demoralised and wwe have no actual worth from them.

They should be using the talent below top level in a better way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

How often is Meltzer right about stuff like that?

It should be a fascinating show regardless of what happens.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    What is stupid is consistently making people look worthless or an easy victory for a top guy. It takes away any impact and even any chance of them earning cash for WWE.

What's worse is how they'll then give these guys a push for two or three weeks, the crowd won't believe it, won't cheer and then WWE goes "Ah well, we tried".

To continue your Kofi example, he gets a mini-push every 2 years. Nothing ever comes of it, so when the next one happens, no one cares and no one bothers to get excited :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

For the first time in years, I will be staying up to watch raw live.

I hope Jesse brings Badger and Skinny Pete with him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I think it's safe to say this will be a good show regardless, purely because it's Chicago.
    Really wish Meltzer could keep his mouth closed though. I think the world would have marked out for Punk coming back with nobody knowing about it. Imagine the pop!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Andyman if you saw Batista's promo on Smackdown you could put 2 and 2 together.

I think it would be like The Rumble tbh. The crowd were going to be expecting it one way or the other; won't affect the pop at all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    Andyman if you saw Batista's promo on Smackdown you could put 2 and 2 together.

Only about 4 of us watch Smackdown though. Thats the 2 and 2. :D

Bryan v Batista announced for tonight.

deano546 wrote: »
    Bryan v Batista announced for tonight.

Big match to be on free tv. Screwy finish here we come.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They're either planning on making the crowd happy or just going to piss them off even more

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who called the Punk saves Bryan earlier you could be right this gets Punk HHH and Bryan into the Orton Bootista main event at WM30

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They're either planning on making the crowd happy or just going to piss them off even more

Or McMahon in every corner AGAIN

• Advertisement

Hornswoggle to be in Bryan's corner no doubt.

Advertisement