Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Winterlong wrote: »
    I will tell you what - if that nice sunny morning does not put a smile on your beautiful mugs then there is no hope for ya!

I was coming in here to say pretty much the same, I'm in flying form this morning and the sun has a lot to do with it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I was coming in here to say pretty much the same, I'm in flying form this morning and the sun has a lot to do with it :D

The sun and that 90 minutes of football in the Nou Camp has done it for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Woke up nice and early and fresh. The rest of the family woke up as well, we all got ready without fuss.
    Managed to leave the house a little earlier than normal, got into work earlier as I managed to beat alot of the traffic.
    No emergencies in work to deal with, I managed to get in, sit down at my desk and start up the machine without anyone asking me work questions.
    The sun is shining in the window beside me.
    Listening to a lovely podcast.

I could get used to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Also having a similar day!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

It's so lovely! I'm in the park with my hairy baby and my not hairy baby. It's all sunshiney :)

• Advertisement

Boom_bap. Can we lock the trivially annoying thread for today - just like a one off?
    Can't be allowing the Grumpies to vent today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I'm in bed. Maybe I'll open the curtains :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm in bed. Maybe I'll open the curtains :pac:

Is that a euphemism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

kfallon wrote: »
    Is that a euphemism?

:D

No :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Been sitting out at the back on a big rock by the stream in warm, gentle sun.. robin singing.. dog digging..... closing eyes in the warmth and dry.. .. set some seeds even in trays.... broad beans and trailing nasturtiums...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being a busy bitch
    I love being busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Had a lovely lunch out in the sun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A steaming hot shower after a morning gardening. And the lawn looks great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A steaming hot shower after a morning gardening. And the lawn looks great.

I've the house to myself this weekend and I'm looking forward to tackling the garden!
    Might even do a spot of painting as well!

That all depends on the weather :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Such a lovely day

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Didn't get a job I applied for but my lovely colleagues in my current job were very kind about it and made me feel better by letting me know that they are glad I'm not leaving.

Went out for dinner and drinks with my friend after work tonight. Food was delicious, wine was tasty and company was enjoyable. Now I'm home, feet up and watching a stunning nature documentary I recorded from TG4 last night.

Feeling very content right now, life ain't bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Fresh bedclothes

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gentle day here and good news in the post... takes but little to give peace .

Telling somebody something and they laugh so hard their drink comes down their nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sitting reading the paper and the sound of laughter from a chin wag and cuppa going on in the kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Sitting reading the paper and the sound of laughter from a chin wag and cuppa going on in the kitchen.

Listening to someone turning the pages of a newspaper softly is a sound that makes my day, strangely enough! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Milk in the canteen of a Friday evening. It's a rarity!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Repotting a few plants, the nosy chickens hovering around me to see if I unearth a tasty morsel, the sun on my back. Bliss! :)Pity about the wind, but we can't have everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i woke up in the middle of the night and decided to have the last piece of KFC in the bucket, slapped it in the microwave half expecting to be sick afterwards. thankfully i wasnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Finding a nice bottle of wine ya forgot about.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Butter

When someone goes out of their way to give you a parking ticket that has time left on it in a car park is something that always puts me in a good mood!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Butter wrote:
    When someone goes out of their way to give you a parking ticket that has time left on it in a car park is something that always puts me in a good mood!

The whole concept of paying forward makes me trivially happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Robsweezie wrote:
    i woke up in the middle of the night and decided to have the last piece of KFC in the bucket, slapped it in the microwave half expecting to be sick afterwards. thankfully i wasnt.

Had a three piece meal (with extras) today. My splurge for the month. Couldn't really afford it but needed the junk boost. Been a sh1tty week and month - the high lasted a short time but hours later I can still taste it so trying to keep the happy happs going.

But real TTTMMH was when I got home. Trying to organise stuff before I got out of the car and just happened to look up and my Robin was sitting on the wing mirror staring in at me - was just like coming home to a dog....just happy to see you getting home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Going to sleep only to wake up with your cats sleeping on and around you. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Dunno would I go so far as to say happy, but nice, am sure I've said it before, but I love listening to the rain battering off the window. And me on the inside is nice too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement