Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Absentmindedly asking the guy at the till to check a lotto ticket for you and he tells you there's €300 on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Absentmindedly asking the guy at the till to check a lotto ticket for you and he tells you there's €300 on it.

Score!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Knowing that the savage slow cooked beef and ale pie I made yesterday will be waiting for me when I get home accompanied by mash and greens!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Glass vase of frilly double daffodils and greenery opposite my bed... seeing them through tears but seeing them...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

Graces7 wrote: »
    Glass vase of frilly double daffodils and greenery opposite my bed... seeing them through tears but seeing them...

Hugs to you Grace, hope you're ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back from a couple of hours fishing. Not a fish in sight but happy as the proverbial Larry with a morning spent among Kingfishers, Cormorant, Dippers, Ducks and a Fox. We often go expecting happiness in one direction only to stumble on it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Spent the week-end freeing up a c 1900 neglected old bicycle which hadn't seen the light of day since the 1920s until I found it Friday last.
    Two new tubes and it'll 'live' again this evening.

Happiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I very rarely, if ever, sign petitions but it's great to see when you do sign one and it has a positive impact.
    The last petition I signed was to have this "zoo" closed down, close to 500 animals have died there over 5 years. It's actually shameful what went on there.
    Councillors are currently discussing not renewing their licence and the crackdown is coming for them. Inspectors have already recommended they be shut down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-39177313

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

When I'm walking by a dog/baby and it looks at me and slightly tilts its head.

Happy for the rest of the day.

Back from a couple of hours fishing. Not a fish in sight but happy as the proverbial Larry with a morning spent among Kingfishers, Cormorant, Dippers, Ducks and a Fox. We often go expecting happiness in one direction only to stumble on it elsewhere.

Sounds so good. I love mornings like that! What was the intended catch? I've to wait on this weather to settle the sea before I venture out.

The look of sheer delight and happiness on my wife's face when I show her the first buds forming on the raspberry plants we sowed last year.

The delight of my dogs charging me to welcome me home from work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Lying in bed on a Monday night reading the Sunday newspapers.

So wrong but feels so right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My bed is like a cloud. You literally drift away on it into slumberland. It's like you're miles above the world and nothing can touch you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Nothing trivial annoyed me so that makes me trivially happy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

When you live in a houseshare, it's a little luxury having the flat to yourself of an evening. That happened yesterday. It was so blissful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Passed NCT after having to bring it back for something minor. Yusssss. :). Glad it's done-with now and roadworthy for another while! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

training. great fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

poetry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Finding the name to a song that I've been looking for for weeks. Yes! :p

Jessme wrote: »
    Hugs to you Grace, hope you're ok.

Kind kind folk. ... thank you and bless you.. will weather this as I always do.. trying to find a GP who does not expect me to jump through hoops as they have either never heard of M.E or do not believe it exists...and the weather,, and the mess here re the babies..

But i have you!!!! :)

finally got my Household Benefit package through, via the Complaints System. Has taken nearly eight weeks ...

House filled with daffs; many here and they get knocked down by the rain and wind..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My hair looks unreal today and I didn't even try. *whirls curly head like a maniac*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Me again!

You know when you cut into a freshly assembled toasted sausage sambo and the steam rises with that incredible sausagey scent. That moment makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Just had a nap. Have granola as a post nap treat. Baby has been asleep 3WHOLEHOURS *good baby, pats head vuryvury gently*

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Looks like I'm going to be having the house to myself this weekend wooooohhhhoooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Semolina makes me happy good lord does it make me happy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Looks like I'm going to be having the house to myself this weekend wooooohhhhoooooooo

Serving Suggestion for Saturday night for you, Boom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

After the heart-breaking story in tonight's news, I'm very happy that all the children in our family have a loving home and are well, safe and sound tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Listening to an audio commentary on a DVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Loud parts in the movies so I don't have to be too quiet munching on popcorn :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I will tell you what - if that nice sunny morning does not put a smile on your beautiful mugs then there is no hope for ya!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement