Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan GP 2014

Options
  • 25-02-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

The Lucan GP will be held on Saturday 22nd March 2014.
    More details on the location, route and entry fee etc can be found on our website...
    1644037.png?93

http://www.lucancrc.com/lucan-gp.html

Regards
    LCRC.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Hammertime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Just got tentative approval for this one. Will be my first race of the season if all goes to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Just got tentative approval for this one. Will be my first race of the season if all goes to plan.

Was thinking the same myself! Team up like before?

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Was thinking the same myself! Team up like before?

Sure thing, was great fun last year. Now I just need to get some speed in the legs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Can anyone confirm that this race is still on? I seem to remember someone saying it wasnt and CI website doesnt mention it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭buffalo

lennymc wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that this race is still on? I seem to remember someone saying it wasnt and CI website doesnt mention it.

The CI website never mentioned it, but I can't comment any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MartMc

Race is on Saturday 22nd of March, sign on 9:00 race start 10:30.

Entry Fee €12

http://www.lucancrc.com/lucan-gp.html

Don't know why it's not but this event should be on the Cycling Ireland Calendar.

Thanks Martmc. It was a lot more expensive last year. I wrote off a frame :(

I think ill ride my winter bike.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭joey100

For a newbie looking to do as his first race, what's it like? think I was out on the course a few weeks back but with my memory that leaves me with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭smurphy29

joey100 wrote: »
    For a newbie looking to do as his first race, what's it like? think I was out on the course a few weeks back but with my memory that leaves me with nothing.
    Good, for the most part, it's a flattish parcours on pretty decent roads. It'll come down to a bunch sprint though (albeit on a big, wide boulevard) so think about whether you want to get involved in that and if you don't, be sure to drift to the back of the bunch before the 'flame rouge'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Any strava linkies to the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Inquitus wrote: »

Yes, that's last year's.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

lennymc wrote: »
    Thanks Martmc. It was a lot more expensive last year. I wrote off a frame :(

I think ill ride my winter bike.... :)

Yeah well your frame wrote off my nose and sprained my wrist - and to be fair, you were riding a horrible cboardman and I have had a very beautiful nose.

Quote of that day came from Lennymc in the back of the ambulance:
    "and I was gonna win that fuuuc*in thing".
    He wasn't.

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    Yeah well your frame wrote off my nose and sprained my wrist - and to be fair, you were riding a horrible cboardman and I have had a very beautiful nose.

Quote of that day came from Lennymc in the back of the ambulance:
    "and I was gonna win that fuuuc*in thing".
    He wasn't.

I thought it was a marked improvement to your face. And I was gonna win.

I have to come to Lenny's defence here. Nothing's guaranteed, but I was pretty sure he was. At least, that was the impression I got after we were dropped in Des Hanlon the next day. :)

I jest, I did actually think he was going to place.

I have to come to Lenny's defence here. Nothing's guaranteed, but I was pretty sure he was. At least, that was the impression I got after we were dropped in Des Hanlon the next day. :)

I only slowed down to keep you company.

That's only a half truth now, and you know it. I'll admit you could only go that slow for so long though.

Anyway, whoop for Lucan Gp and booo for Des Hanlon. I'll be avoiding it again this year. I'd like to keep some dignity this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭lalorm

Hi Folks,

just a quick reminder that the annual Lucan GP will be held this coming Saturday 22nd March 2014.

Sign on is at Blackhall Gaels GAA club, Batterstown, Co. Meath.
    Races are as follows...
    A1 + A2
    A3 + Juniors
    A4 + Women

This is a great race held on good roads.

More information can be found here including videos from previous editions of the race: http://www.lucancrc.com/lucan-gp.html

Regards
    Lucan CRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Hoping to make my debut this season on Saturday, despite my lack of decent training.

Will there be changing rooms available in the GAA club?

• Advertisement

If only this pesky cold/flu would go away now... though there is no shame in getting dropped on one's first race of the season, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭joey100

How will the races work? Is there a separate A4 race or is run as a handicap system? Nerves kicking in about now for my first race!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

How will the races work? Is there a separate A4 race or is run as a handicap system? Nerves kicking in about now for my first race!

Ran as separate races. A1/2 will set off first, A3 probably 2 mins later and then A4 2 mins after that. It's 4 laps for the fast lads and 3 for the A3 and A4. You might end up catching a few dropped from the A3 race but most of the race will just be your own group.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MartMc

Its not a handicaped race there are 3 separate races. The first race off will be for the A1/2s after a few minutes the A3 race will be started and a few minutes after the A4s will be sent on their way.

A4 + Women could be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭leCycliste

Has anyone got the route on strava?

leCycliste wrote: »
    Has anyone got the route on strava?
    Inquitus wrote: »

Was on previous page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

A4 + Women could be very interesting.

In what way?

In what way?

They'll probably wipe the floor with the bunch and will spit it out the back on the last lap, I'd guess.

• Advertisement

In what way?

In an interesting way?

Sorry, humour fail. I've raced with the ladies on the track loads, but not on road. So it's a new dynamic for me. An interesting dynamic.

Advertisement