Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 24-2-14 *EC Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mokuba wrote: »
    Completely disagree. Never before have fans **** on so many superstars because of their favourite not being pushed.

Bryan got Mysterio some of the worst reactions of his entire career, because Mysterio wasn't Bryan. Fans sabotage entire segments, entire matches, just because Bryan isn't involved in them. There hasn't been anything like that with any of the superstars you mentioned.

Not a hope any of them were ever Daniel Bryan level of over. Not a hope.

He has gotten massive exposure through his chants on ESPN, for example and has gotten the biggest pops in the company for around 8 months.

Not bothered typing it again:
    Ask any random person on the street tomorrow about Daniel Bryan and 99% will have never heard of him. Do the same for Austin or Hogan and 90% will have heard of them. Same for Cena and a lot would have heard of him. Rock would be 100% of people knowing him. Bryan simply isnt on that level right now.

:confused:

Hardy, Guerrero and Mysterio's pops at the peak of their popularity were nowhere close to Bryan's. And Cena has been booed more than cheered in his career.

You need to go back and rewatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sort that hair out, Booker.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Personally I think Sheamus may be over-rated...

On the comeback you clearly see Christian say "come on!" (or there other) after the first bump (telling sheamus to be quicker) ... I mean, Sheamus is wrestling years in WWE. Obviously since Christian has the experience he is going to be ring general. But you think Sheamus, knowing what he has done, wouldnt have to be told such a thing :confused:

Very odd.

I didn't think it was Sheamus's best performance but I didn't think Christian did particularly well either. There was a small 'boring' chant at one stage and Christian responded by going for an abdominal stretch. Dunno, maybe they were both feeling the effects of last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jeff Hardy was as over as anyone since the end of the Austin era.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Building Reigns as backup for Cena in case of injury?

Poor Alex Riley kicked off the panel for the Raw broadcast.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Ive been watching wrestling since the late 80s. I only rewatch the classics ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Not bothered typing it again:
    Ask any random person on the street tomorrow about Daniel Bryan and 99% will have never heard of him. Do the same for Austin or Hogan and 90% will have heard of them. Same for Cena and a lot would have heard of him. Rock would be 100% of people knowing him. Bryan simply isnt on that level right now.

Isn't on that level right now, no. How would he be, in the terms you are trying to argue? But certainly far surpassed the level of the other superstars you mentioned. As I said, fans have consistently torpedo'd entire matches, main events, huge promos, segments, popular babyfaces - all because of Bryan.

In terms of in-show fan reactions, nobody since Austin and Hogan before him has generated such reactions. And that is what people are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Ric Flair or Mike Ditka?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

CSF wrote: »
    Building Reigns as backup for Cena in case of injury?

I think Dean turns on him tonight.

Is this Kane's first real match since joining the Authority?
    Mokuba wrote: »
    Isn't on that level right now, no.

Which is exactly the argument. People were putting him on that level when he isnt. He could be, but right now he isnt.
    How would he be, in the terms you are trying to argue? But certainly far surpassed the level of the other superstars you mentioned.

In terms of in-show fan reactions, nobody since Austin and Hogan before him has generated such reactions. And that is what people are talking about.

All those I mentioned got just as much in terms of positive reactions. They just did it without a catchphrase that is so easy to chant.

95% of American TV ads = food and legal drugs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

No way were their pops are as big as Bryan's mate. You seriously have it in for Bryan don't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Ric Flair looks like a condom full of tomatoes.

A vest and pants.

Still better attire than Batista.

Looper007 wrote: »
    No way were their pops are as big as Bryan's mate. You seriously have it in for Bryan don't you.

Bryan is one of my favourite wrestlers, but I'm not delusional enough to think he is on the same level as Austin and Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Back to NXT for Rowan at least.

JBL bombed and delivered some of the lowest buyrates and ratings of any champion. Hardy is a million miles above him. Ask any random person on the street tomorrow about Daniel Bryan and 99% will have never heard of him. Do the same for Austin or Hogan and 90% will have heard of them. Same for Cena and a lot would have heard of him. Rock would be 100% of people knowing him. Bryan simply isnt on that level right now.

Hardy top the card when the WWE was spread thin. He also had poor buy rates. 44,000 less when he headlined for his first WWE title. Your deluded to think Hardy is at Cena level

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DeclansKidney

Every time I see Kane now

All those I mentioned got just as much in terms of positive reactions. They just did it without a catchphrase that is so easy to chant.

Oh the old excuses of it's just his chant that's over :rolleyes:
    So chants of Daniel Bryan are never heard then.

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    Hardy top the card when the WWE was spread thin. He also had poor buy rates. 44,000 less when he headlined for his first WWE title. Your deluded to think Hardy is at Cena level

Is that case, Bryan's title matches last year didnt exactly set buy rate records.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would have loved a squash match here. Kane is as useless as a dissolving condom.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I think Dean turns on him tonight.

If this Shield triple threat is to happen at Mania then something needs to start it tonight. 6 weeks to go to their main show of the year and WWE only have one match locked in.

And its shíte ;)

Looper007 wrote: »
    Oh the old excuses of it's just his chant that's over :rolleyes:
    So chants of Daniel Bryan are never heard then.

Dont think you're quite following.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

J. Marston wrote: »
    A vest and pants.

Still better attire than Batista.

Think someone mentioned it last week It's very right to censor-ish.

Summerslam, mental that this "Bryan being screwed" angle goes back that far

Bryan is one of my favourite wrestlers, but I'm not delusional enough to think he is on the same level as Austin and Hogan.

No one is saying he's on that level, but he's the first face I've seen that the fan's are totally invested in since Austin and The Rock. You're faces should have the fan's wanting to see him beat the heels and Bryan has them invested and his pop's have been massive. What's delusional about that.

Part of the reason Bryan hasn't been pushed is he isn't over enough to bring up buy rates or t shirts sales he is still well down the those lists when is comes to others in the company. The Yes chants aren't turning into money for the company.

When the yes chants and pops he gets turns into money then he will have a chance to reach the levels Punk Cena HHH Michaels have reached in the last 15 years.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Summerslam, mental that this "Bryan being screwed" angle goes back that far

To be fair, it kinda got forgotten about around November and only started back up recently.

• Advertisement

Is that case, Bryan's title matches last year didnt exactly set buy rate records.

Are you sure you are a Bryan fan?

Advertisement