Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing from ufh to Rads

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Ah Here

Good to know lads thanks,

I was working in the shed this morning and notice the boiler was coming on very very often. For example in the space of 30 mins it came on 5 or six times- on for 3/4 mins off for two then on again for another 5/6 mins. That can't be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Ah Here wrote: »
    Good to know lads thanks,

I was working in the shed this morning and notice the boiler was coming on very very often. For example in the space of 30 mins it came on 5 or six times- on for 3/4 mins off for two then on again for another 5/6 mins. That can't be right?

It's hunting. It could be there are setpoints too close together, one stat is looking for heat and another is looking to shut off. Otherwise, there might be a flue gas stat cutting out for safety reasons.

Controls Controls Controls

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this might be of interest;

I switched all the stats in the house down to zero now for the summer. I noticed the boiler coming on intermittently and kept an eye on the manifold. Zones were coming on, actuators opening even though the stats are off. Surely that ain't right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭richieburke01

Get your controls checked please
    Sounds like you nailed on the head

Get your controls checked please
    Sounds like you nailed on the head

Yeah, but getting someone who knows about controls in kerry isnt easy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Yeah, but getting someone who knows about controls in kerry isnt easy

It could be a stuck relay in the UFH wiring centre.
    Simple to check with a multimeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Condenser

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this might be of interest;

I switched all the stats in the house down to zero now for the summer. I noticed the boiler coming on intermittently and kept an eye on the manifold. Zones were coming on, actuators opening even though the stats are off. Surely that ain't right?

I was once at a house where some donkey had wired the stats back to front so they opened on rising temp. I'd imagine theres someting similarly stupid wrong with yours and a simple enough fix.

Advertisement