Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

I have been in contact with eglobal and they are saying that I will have to return it to them:(

Here is what Nikon are saying about "grey market" products: https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5409/kw/grey%20market

But I do hope that you might be right CJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mefistos

UK_card_B.jpg

someone might be interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 soCKrates

Yea that's the thing.. You don't get a manufactures warranty with stuff you buy in eglobal. You get a 2 year warranty with them. You have to send it back to eglobal and you have to wait a long while for your camera to come back. If you're stuck for a camera for work its very unfortunate, but that is all in the terms and conditions that's always worth reading. It is the only drawback I have found. I bought my D610 and a few lenses there, all work perfect so far, fingers crossed. But if anything goes wrong that's not too costly I'd just have to pay to get fixed here, I can't afford to go too long without it... I'd get withdrawals haha

I don't think their products are "grey market"

They are definitely grey market. One reason why they are so cheap is they don't come with the manufacturers warranty

soCKrates wrote: »
    Yea that's the thing.. You don't get a manufactures warranty with stuff you buy in eglobal. You get a 2 year warranty with them. You have to send it back to eglobal and you have to wait a long while for your camera to come back. If you're stuck for a camera for work its very unfortunate, but that is all in the terms and conditions that's always worth reading. It is the only drawback I have found. I bought my D610 and a few lenses there, all work perfect so far, fingers crossed. But if anything goes wrong that's not too costly I'd just have to pay to get fixed here, I can't afford to go too long without it... I'd get withdrawals haha

Yes, thats correct. I was told to send it to a company in Surrey England. I sent it today so I hope it doesn't take too long. I will keep you all updated.

• Advertisement

I received this mail on Monday:

Greetings from eGlobaL Central(UK).

With regard to your item being return for warranty repair, we would like to confirm that the item is faulty due to manufacturer defects, and we have now sent your faulty item for repair which may take approximately 4 weeks to be completed. We shall be contact you as soon as we have received your repaired item via this ticket.

I don't know if they are sending it back to Nikon or somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pwllor

They are sending to the manufacturer, whoever it is :-)

pwllor wrote: »
    They are sending to the manufacturer, whoever it is :-)

Lol, I know what your thinking but it is genuine Nikon to be fair to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    OK so as I said - most skeptical person about this and was very worried.
    But it was mentioned a few pages back, if you're not willing to pay the risks if it gets caught for customs - don't take the risk. Which I agree with.

With that in mind, I took the plunge - I had some issues with my bank and paypal that set me back a few days. I was then (as I thought) asked by E-Global to send proof of residence. I sent an old B&W copy of my (now expired) driving licence.
    This would actually set me back another day, as they didn't allow this.
    Their T&C's state they need a colour scan and it must show expiry.
    So I sent them an updated version and waited a day nearly for them to approve it.
    Jumped on their online chat and asked what the delay was - got a "hold on let me check the status" then it was immediately approved. Once this was done the ball started rolling, a lot faster than I thought.

I used the 10euro off coupon and during my paypal / bank issues the price had also dropped €10 - with that I decided to go with their express shipping 3-5 days.

It was Thursday (yesterday) when my order was approved and started, so I thought 3-5 days... maybe Mon...Tues latest? It arrived next day - today Friday.

Packaging and my tracking did state it contained batteries but the parcel itself did say DSLR.
    I order a 5D Mark III Body Only - I had read here that they take out the kit lens and sell that separately which is fine.
    So my box as I suspected is for the 5D with the 24-105L

They literally just opened the box to remove the Lens and they dropped in a 3 Pin plug for my battery.

I'm very happy with it. I would defo buy from them again, but I don't know how long their luck will last.
    I can imagine after a while they will stop paying the customs if you get caught and provide proof.
    They say they have a "special shipping arrangement" with their partner, so I'm not sure how long that will last. I know from this thread they did use UPS before,now it's DHL.

Anyway - sorry for the long post below are some pics to put anyone's mind at ease.
    Maybe don't bother with the Express 3-5 shipping, unless you're in a rush.

Some pics (the lens was bought in Dublin)
    http://imgur.com/a/AbceE

Hope this long post helps someone in some way.

Since posting this, I've had zero problems with my camera and have also purchased other items

Monday I pulled the trigger on the Canon 85 1.2 L, I was watching the price (as it changes daily based on exchange rates afaik)
    After the price had dropped, I thought I would chance my arm and go on live chat and ask them for a discount for a repeat customer, no harm in asking considering how expensive the lens was.
    Sure enough they hooked me up with a discount

http://imgur.com/a/5bcps

Ordered Monday arrived Friday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I've read the first 10 pages of this thread and the most recent.

They've the Nexus 6 for €347 (incl. coupon) so I'm very tempted as it's a significant saving compared to the Google Store.

But I'm just wonder how're they like with customs for phones?

Camera/lenses recently seems grand but what about phones?

I'll continue reading this thread later, --- Cheers!

• Advertisement

Niemoj wrote: »

They've the Nexus 6 for €347 (incl. coupon) so I'm very tempted as it's a significant saving compared to the Google Store.

Aswell as my above post I bought a Garmin 620 running watch from them. No issues.
    Phones, cameras dont think it makes a.difference to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I think in general the packaging is pretty nondescript.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Guys
    I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Lens - Canon Mount. Its my biggest purchase for a lense and want to get it right!

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/tamron-sp-150-600mm-f-5-6.3-di-vc-usd-lens-canon-mount-en.html

Will this fit a Canon 600D?

Has anyone got any discount codes or seen it cheaper elsewhere?

On a side note. I know people have gotten equipment without customs looking for their share Is this the norm?

thanks

Phones are no problem either. I got a oneplus one off them aswell as a camera and lenses. No issues. I wouldn't recommend the Motorola nexus though..

Guys
    I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Lens - Canon Mount. Its my biggest purchase for a lense and want to get it right!

Will this fit a Canon 600D?

Has anyone got any discount codes or seen it cheaper elsewhere?

On a side note. I know people have gotten equipment without customs looking for their share Is this the norm?

thanks

Will fit a Canon. They offer their own 2 year warranty so the lens won't come with the manufacturers warranty. Your lens will come from Europe as far as I'm aware.. So no custom charges

soCKrates wrote: »
    Will fit a Canon. They offer their own 2 year warranty so the lens won't come with the manufacturers warranty. Your lens will come from Europe as far as I'm aware.. So no custom charges

Thanks
    Any decent discount codes out there?

Thanks
    Any decent discount codes out there?

I have no idea. When you go on the site a pop up with around €5 discount will come up. Not much but atleast it's something

I pressed the button on the Tamron and opted for the 3-6 days insured service

Got in contact with them and they sent me a link for a €10 discount upon signing up for their newsletter. The code was NS201410EUR

Its €10 with a minimum spend of €400.

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/sign-up-our-newsletter-now.html

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

For anyone who might be buying stuff on eglobalcentral.eu, it looks like a coupon code BUY599 is still valid at the moment. Not sure what is the minimum spend for it, though.

versager wrote: »
    For anyone who might be buying stuff on eglobalcentral.eu, it looks like a coupon code BUY599 is still valid at the moment. Not sure what is the minimum spend for it, though.

What discount does it give?

EDIT: It shows up as "Remarketing Abandon Cart Voucher [BUY599]" for €5.99
    The Newsletter coupon gives more.

• Advertisement

As per my previous posts, I sent my Nikon d750 back to eglobal for repair, well I received it back yesterday, all working fine. It took a total of three weeks which I know is a pain in the ass, but I don't think a three week turnaround is too bad.

So would I buy from them again? probably, I just can't resist a bargain:)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Logie-1 wrote: »
    As per my previous posts, I sent my Nikon d750 back to eglobal for repair, well I received it back yesterday, all working fine. It took a total of three weeks which I know is a pain in the ass, but I don't think a three week turnaround is too bad.

So would I buy from them again? probably, I just can't resist a bargain:)

Did you have to send it back to Hong Kong?

I got in touch with them about my lens and they are out of stock till the 23rd. Got a refund of €18 .
    Who normally delivers. Is it an post?

I got in touch with them about my lens and they are out of stock till the 23rd. Got a refund of €18 .
    Who normally delivers. Is it an post?

I've used E-Global 3 times, and my packages came from DPD,DHL and UPS

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    I've used E-Global 3 times, and my packages came from DPD,DHL and UPS

Thanks . at least I can get them to hold off delivery if I'm away when it comes .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jones

Folks,

Just a quick one and i'm not sure if it's 100% relevant to this thread but i ordered my S6 edge from eglobal 2 weeks ago, received and everything is perfect but i want to insure it and gadget insurance places are telling me it has to be VAT registered and in the EU or US and an asian company can't be covered over here. Now i'm not sure if eglobal is considered outside EU as my phone appears to of come from England going by the tracking information.

Anyone have an experience with this?

eoin_mcg wrote: »
    Did you have to send it back to Hong Kong?

No, I sent it to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kellyleekyle

I'm after an apple watch from global, if there is a fault, will apple genius bar fix/swap it if it needs replacing like they do on uk bought products?

Why not contact your local Apple store, tell them your going on holiday and you want to buy a watch, and want to know will they stand over the warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Miso225

Hi everyone! I just placed my order with eglobal for D7200 international version. Decided to join this board and share with you as this thread helped me so much in my final decision. I will keep you posted...

Advertisement