Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show February 21st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Yeah member of legendary comedic troupe, made a bunch of great films which are film-school reference points nowadays, seems like a nice guy. Therefore, he is a prick

Eh? Nobody called him a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,425 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Is it just me or does anyone else find Monthy Python not funny? I did like Fawlty Towers but none of the Monthy stuff.

BLASPHEMY!

michael-palin-scared-of-islam.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The sneakers make a 2nd appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

In fairness though, the things that provoked people back then AND that got AirPlay and column inches in the Sunday papers wouldn't get a mention today

The bishop and the nightie wouldn't make the headlines now alright

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Yeah member of legendary comedic troupe, made a bunch of great films which are film-school reference points nowadays, seems like a nice guy. Therefore, he is a prick

Nope, I didn't say that. I always thought his animations on Monty Python were surplus to requirements. His films are very hit and miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

????

Who said he is a prick???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

jos28 wrote: »
    I remember more heated debates in Gaybo's day than anything else. Panels of opposing people arguing about religion/sex/equality etc and a lot more audience participation.

There is no audience participation any more because of the potential for someone to say something defamatory. RTE are sh1t-scared of this so they don't allow any unarranged contribution. It was what made the show interesting instead of the stilted and wooden interviews we get now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

he is still wearing the same jumper as he was with brad

And in the photo with Python there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

seen the dollars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

It seems he never takes that kimono thing off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Love his honesty! Q: what prompted the reunion?
    A: Money!!

The BBC were about to throw away the first two series of Monty Python until someone tipped off Terry Jones and he smuggled out the original films.

It's hard to believe how little regard they had for their own archive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Roger_007 wrote: »
    There is no audience participation any more because of the potential for someone to say something defamatory. RTE are sh1t-scared of this so they don't allow any unarranged contribution. It was what made the show interesting instead of the stilted and wooden interviews we get now!

I agree. Remember the night Gay pulled out the condom. The country nearly went into meltdown, folks were up in Donnybrook protesting by the time the show ended. No chance that that kind of thing would be let happen nowadays.

'Brazil' is still a bit of a headf*ck

• Registered Users Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

The comfy chair!!

that clip wasn't funny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Not funny at all

Most of Monty Python is not very funny.

My sides are splitting, NOT!

M

Fan mail, proper old school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

cathy is back in the eighties

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Monty Python are like One Direction. I'm baffled by the success

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Fair play welsh megaman your lot have just opened up the six nations for us anyway not inspired by line up tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭vforvictory

You reckon Ryan really spotted girl in hat or was that contrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

Roger_007 wrote: »

Never a truer word said Roger. It's an awful shame because it was great entertainment. I can remember people discussing whatever was on the LLS the following day or at work on Monday. I particularly loved the ones which challenged the Catholic Church. Loved watching the Nell McCaffertys of the world arguing with priests and nuns

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Monty Python are like One Direction Garth Brooks. I'm baffled by the success

More apt for us at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

M

No Louis Walsh this time showing us around the prize destination, I'm so dissappointed I'm going to rip my TV licence up in anger.

By their own admission, the first few series of Python was a bit hit-and-miss...that type of 'surreal' humour hadn't been seen on mainstream tv before.

• Advertisement

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Fair play welsh megaman your lot have just opened up the six nations for us anyway not inspired by line up tonight

The 6 nations is Irelands to lose now. we better win tomorrow

Advertisement