Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister Shatter and Commissioner Callinan should both resign in disgrace

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Shady Tady wrote: »
    Neither does brandishing a whole police force of 13.000 as corrupt. That's the sort of thing a recently released sex offender might want to do after joining boards.ie and becoming a keyboard warrior venting their anger at being put away and pretending they are a pillar of society. There is corruption but it's no worse that any other police force, not accepting there are good people in the force shows you have little credibility.

Are you somehow suggesting that I'm a released sex offender? :p

Neither does brandishing a whole police force of 13.000 as corrupt. That's the sort of thing a recently released sex offender might want to do after joining boards.ie and becoming a keyboard warrior venting their anger at being put away and pretending they are a pillar of society. There is corruption but it's no worse that any other police force, not accepting there are good people in the force shows you have little credibility.

So, finally you accept this?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

sopretty wrote: »
    Are you somehow suggesting that I'm a released sex offender? :p

Absolutly not, but you never really know who's online in these forums if you get what I mean!

So, finally you accept this?

Do you believe there is a force in the world that does not have corruption, it's human nature, gardai are recruited from the general public and society and generally reflect society! The vast majority of gardai are decent like the vast majority of the public

Absolutly not, but you never really know who's online in these forums if you get what I mean!

Hard to tell the honest cops from the corrupt ones alright.

• Advertisement

Do you believe there is a force in the world that does not have corruption, it's human nature, gardai are recruited from the general public and society and generally reflect society! The vast majority of gardai are decent like the vast majority of the public

Do you accept that there is a disproportionately higher percentage of corruption within AGS than within other public service bodies such as teaching or nursing?

Hard to tell the honest cops from the corrupt ones alright.

"There is no one so blind are those who choose not to see"

"There is no one so blind are those who choose not to see"

Oh I saw. I saw. And I heard. I saw and I heard a lying guard LIE in court, completely and utterly LIE in court, in order to implicate my friend. Thankfully, he didn't succeed. The bollix.

Oh I saw. I saw. And I heard. I saw and I heard a lying guard LIE in court, completely and utterly LIE in court, in order to implicate my friend. Thankfully, he didn't succeed. The bollix.

That's wrong and I don't condone it, but did the other 12,999 get in the box and lie as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭fr3d12

Can I ask if the Garda in question was prosecuted or disciplined for perjury?

• Advertisement

That's wrong and I don't condone it, but did the other 12,999 get in the box and lie as well?

I don't think the other 12,999 would have fitted into the box. Anyway, he wasn't in a box. He was standing in front of the judge.

fr3d12 wrote: »
    Can I ask if the Garda in question was prosecuted or disciplined for perjury?

No, he wasn't. Because neither of us could believe it. If he had the audacity to lie in court, he would have the audacity to lie during an enquiry. We asked the barrister why he had lied, and his advice was to just relax, let it go, and forget about it. His lies got him nowhere anyway! The judge believed my friend.
    I know he knew that he lied, because on the day in question, he wrote (or made shapes to be writing) in his black book. What he testified to in court was unbelievable lol. You couldn't actually make it up.

I don't think the other 12,999 would have fitted into the box. Anyway, he wasn't in a box. He was standing in front of the judge.

Did you witness the incident that was brought to court or did your friend tell you what happened?

Did you witness the incident that was brought to court or did your friend tell you what happened?

I witnessed both the incident and the conversations with the guard on a couple of occasions afterwards.

Normally in court you take the oath and sit in the witness box

Normally in court you take the oath and sit in the witness box

Not in this one. The guard was presenting evidence. I think he was sworn in on the bible, but stood back in his place in front of the judge. Perhaps he wasn't sworn in. Either way, he lied.

I witnessed both the incident and the conversations with the guard on a couple of occasions afterwards.

Did you complain to GSOC?

Did you complain to GSOC?

No. If he could lie in court, he would lie to them.

Let him lie to them and see how they deal with it, but not complaining is a cop out and you let down both the decent cops and the public down as well as yourselves. Poor decision

Let him lie to them and see how they deal with it, but not complaining is a cop out and you let down both the decent cops and the public down as well as yourselves. Poor decision

Lol, ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Interesting choice of words.........

mikom wrote: »
    Interesting choice of words.........

You have great sight, what's your hearing like ex army man?

You have been on this thread for weeks now, you have told us all that this one particular guard lied on oath in court.

Then, maybe it wasn't court, maybe he wasn't sworn in.......
    You either know what happened or you don't.

If you know that the guard lied on oath, committed perjury, then I say its your duty to report it.

You lack credibility now, in my mind. You complain about gardai being corrupt, the only decent ones are the two whistleblowers, the rest ( you say ) ignored corruption.

A bit like you are doing now then yes?

bubblypop wrote: »
    You have been on this thread for weeks now, you have told us all that this one particular guard lied on oath in court.

Then, maybe it wasn't court, maybe he wasn't sworn in.......
    You either know what happened or you don't.

If you know that the guard lied on oath, committed perjury, then I say its your duty to report it.

You lack credibility now, in my mind. You complain about gardai being corrupt, the only decent ones are the two whistleblowers, the rest ( you say ) ignored corruption.

A bit like you are doing now then yes?

Are you taking the piss?
    He was sworn in to give evidence (that is my understanding). He did not sit in a box. He stood in his place on a bench in front of a District Court Judge. He LIED. He lied unbelievably. Basically, where we had contacted the gardai to complain about an assault, he said that he never received such a report. The f*cker came down and sat on the windowsill in my sitting room, writing in his black book. He then went to the 'assaulter'. He came back 2 further times, each time, writing in his black book. As my friend was not the assaulter, we didn't want to proceed with making statements. My friend was then accused of being the assaulter! He (the guard) was in our house on 3 occasions.

1. Immediately after the incident.
    2. A couple of days later
    3. About a week after no. 2 (the day after the Cavan fleadh - we discussed music with him and reiterated to him that we didn't want to press charges as we didn't want any hassle).

Then!!!!

This piece of *something* stood up in court and stated on questioning by our barrister, that the first night he came down, he had responded to a complaint by the other party (it was us who rang the guards) and that we told him to '**** off'.

Now............

WTF do you do with that level of lying??????????????

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You could either (a) make a formal complaint to GSOC, or (b) do nothing but bitch about it on an online forum and wonder why nobody is doing anything about dishonest Gardaí.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    You could either (a) make a formal complaint to GSOC, or (b) do nothing but bitch about it on an online forum and wonder why nobody is doing anything about dishonest Gardaí.

I have since reported a different garda to GSOC. She was investigated (by a Garda) and found to have done nothing wrong.

Maybe she hadn't done anything wrong eh?
    Maybe the cop in the other incident hadn't done anything wrong?

Or............ maybe you can't prove that a liar is a liar!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I have since reported a different garda to GSOC. She was investigated (by a Garda) and found to have done nothing wrong.

Impotent bitching it is, so. That oughta sort it.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Impotent bitching it is, so. That oughta sort it.

In the absence of a more credible avenue.............

Are you taking the piss?
    He was sworn in to give evidence (that is my understanding). He did not sit in a box. He stood in his place on a bench in front of a District Court Judge. He LIED. He lied unbelievably. Basically, where we had contacted the gardai to complain about an assault, he said that he never received such a report. The f*cker came down and sat on the windowsill in my sitting room, writing in his black book. He then went to the 'assaulter'. He came back 2 further times, each time, writing in his black book. As my friend was not the assaulter, we didn't want to proceed with making statements. My friend was then accused of being the assaulter! He (the guard) was in our house on 3 occasions.

1. Immediately after the incident.
    2. A couple of days later
    3. About a week after no. 2 (the day after the Cavan fleadh - we discussed music with him and reiterated to him that we didn't want to press charges as we didn't want any hassle).

Then!!!!

This piece of *something* stood up in court and stated on questioning by our barrister, that the first night he came down, he had responded to a complaint by the other party (it was us who rang the guards) and that we told him to '**** off'.

Now............

You wanted to complain of assault he called 3 times and you say yourself you didn't want to make a statement . How can you complain if you don't make a statement

• Advertisement

There's a pattern emerging!

Advertisement