Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fashion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ok guys I started work in a bar and Im looking for a pair of black shoes, the ones I have now are a pair of "theyve always been there and I havent a clue who bought them :o" but they leave my feet ****ed at the end of the night and cut them in places
    So any advice?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Would they not provide you with shoes? You would probably want the non slip steel toe kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

astonaidan wrote: »
    Ok guys I started work in a bar and Im looking for a pair of black shoes, the ones I have now are a pair of "theyve always been there and I havent a clue who bought them :o" but they leave my feet ****ed at the end of the night and cut them in places
    So any advice?

I'd suggest spending the money on ecco shoes - they're comfortable and last the beating they'll get in that line of work - if you're doing table service especially.

Ecco can be expensive so if you're looking for a cheaper option I'd suggest looking into insoles.
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Would they not provide you with shoes? You would probably want the non slip steel toe kind.

Nope, dress yourself for bar work - always been the way unless they give you t-shirts which is rare around my neck of the woods

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

D'Agger wrote: »
    Nope, dress yourself for bar work - always been the way unless they give you t-shirts which is rare around my neck of the woods

Fair enough. I would have thought the health and safety brigade would have been on this as a keg on the toe or a slip are real possibilities in that kind of work. Good luck with the new job AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Another shout for Ecco.

My youngest has worked in a bar for many years and always wore Ecco.
    Very comfortable.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah always found Ecco to be the most comfortable. Don't need to 'wear them in', or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

The only thing is, Ecco look absolutely horrific

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

The only thing is, Ecco look absolutely horrific
    Pretty much what I was thinking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well to be honest I have no idea what last nights barman was wearing on his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

is there an ESPRIT store in dublin?
    can this shirt be got in dublin does any of you lads know http://www.esprit.eu/menswear/shirts/stretch-cotton-shirt-993EO2F900_001?referrer=default

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Can anyone explain to me the difference? Are they just the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

mod

Threads merged

Tilikum wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me the difference? Are they just the same thing?

Skinny Jean - Leg gets narrower as you go down

Slim - Same width all the way down though still kinda tightish

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

With summer coming = beer garden weather i really need to find something other than shoes to wear.

Dont wear trainers at all. Only ever really wear things like Vans. But they never last i find. Anything else out there worth looking at, i find it very hard to see anything i like :(

Slattsy wrote: »
    With summer coming = beer garden weather i really need to find something other than shoes to wear.

Dont wear trainers at all. Only ever really wear things like Vans. But they never last i find. Anything else out there worth looking at, i find it very hard to see anything i like :(

Flip Flops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Have two pairs of these myself. Got bored with all the loud and bold colours of a lot of trainers today. Comfortable and understated imo, grand for casual wear.

Just reread your post, they're very like vans only not as pricey. Have mine two years, would wear them quite a lot.

They're not bad at all. Good shout!!
    Whats the delivery time on them generally?
    (Edit - or when can i get them in Dublin?)

I find with Vans the rubber on the outside tends to loosen after a few weeks.

They're not bad at all. Good shout!!
    Whats the delivery time on them generally?
    (Edit - or when can i get them in Dublin?)

I find with Vans the rubber on the outside tends to loosen after a few weeks.

Got mine locally here in Cork. Just looking at their website there, they're in Dundrum and Ilac centres, Henry and Talbot street, and Tallaght??

Actually bought a pair of them myself about two or three weeks ago on Talbot Street. Liking them so far.

• Administrators Posts: 53,461 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Actually bought a pair of them myself about two or three weeks ago on Talbot Street. Liking them so far.

Can ye narrow that down a bit please ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Got mine locally here in Cork. Just looking at their website there, they're in Dundrum and Ilac centres, Henry and Talbot street, and Tallaght??

Where in Cork did you get em? They're exactly what I'm looking for!

Can ye narrow that down a bit please ;)

Think it was a shop called O Neills, but judging by their website they don't seem to have the full stock anymore.

https://www.oneillsshoes.ie/cat/boots2/page-1

I did see them in a few places around Henry Street/O'Connell Street though, I am sure.

awec wrote: »
    Are them Sexton ones leather upper or suede?

Tommy Bowe shoes are decent but the website is crap.

Not sure if serious or telling a rugby joke ;)

Knex. wrote: »
    Think it was a shop called O Neills, but judging by their website they don't seem to have the full stock anymore.

https://www.oneillsshoes.ie/cat/boots2/page-1

I did see them in a few places around Henry Street/O'Connell Street though, I am sure.

I will suss it out.
    But if i dont find them......

• Administrators Posts: 53,461 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Where in Cork did you get em? They're exactly what I'm looking for!

Joe Murphy's Fermoy. Last time I was in he had a good selection of them.

awec wrote: »
    Are them Sexton ones leather upper or suede?

Tommy Bowe shoes are decent but the website is crap.

Haven't seen any of them with leather upper, mine are canvas with rubber lower. Can't remember which model I have though as they don't seem to be on the site/discontinued??

So I don't know is the answer:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Gonna chance a pair of these lads because a certain shoe shop has them in size 13. Happy days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hide behind the post

Try Toms or Gordans with shorts....or any espadrille style. Wont look out of place from garden - beach - restaurant. Flip Flops however!!!

Advertisement