Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saddest moments in games

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The day I paid money for Rise of the Robots was pretty saddening, as it turned out.
    Next saddest gaming moment was turning it on.

Some wounds never heal.

I would Agree with most posters, The Walking Dead, Red Dead Redemption, some deaths in Mass Effect, Brothers being the most recent game for me, that was bad.

Think the first sad moment I remember in a game, was in Blade Runner. I couldn't help the wee replicant girl if I remember correctly, and I ended up killing the main bad guy and feeling sorry for him as he bleed to death in end sequence, thinking I should have played this differently, I don't think I did the right thing in the end.

Marion Wolfe in Outcast, 1999, No need for spoilers, nobody will play it now anyways, and there is no HD remake coming.
    I got such a shock when she got killed off and then you had to have a funeral for her, and then move on to go get the bad guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The day I paid money for Rise of the Robots was pretty saddening, as it turned out.
    Next saddest gaming moment was turning it on.

I'll one up that, the day i played Bomberman: Act Zero... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sid Fletcher

Nolimits wrote: »
    When the main character (can't remember his name)
    was killed in Red Dead Redemption.
    /QUOTE]

The saddest thing about that was
    having to play as the little **** for the rest of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Holy Hand Grenade

Nolimits wrote: »
    When the main character (can't remember his name)
    was killed in Red Dead Redemption.
    /QUOTE]

The saddest thing about that was
    having to play as the little **** for the rest of the game.

Yep.. just killed the rest of the game for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Yep.. just killed the rest of the game for me..

Well there wasn't much left at that point but a few side quests, and some special side quests that only become available then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

finished The Walking Dead season 1 the other night, basically all the final chapter of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

krudler wrote: »
    finished The Walking Dead season 1 the other night, basically all the final chapter of that.

I just finished it tonight I still can't quite come to terms with it even when I had an idea what was going to happen by episode 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

For me it would have to also be the end of,The Walking Dead,hard not to get emotional attached to the game and characters.

Have not played any of season 2 yet but looking forward to playing it. I'm going to wait until they release all the chapters and then just play it all at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Myrddin wrote: »
    Moved from Xbox
    F1ngers wrote: »
    From Playstation.
    Thread tennis? :pac:

=-=

T'was unhappy with one of the deaths in one of the C&C Red Alerts, but it's been a while, so I kinda forget which one :/

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Some wounds never heal.

Think the first sad moment I remember in a game, was in Blade Runner. I couldn't help the wee replicant girl if I remember correctly, and I ended up killing the main bad guy and feeling sorry for him as he bleed to death in end sequence, thinking I should have played this differently, I don't think I did the right thing in the end.

I'd forgotten all about this... fantastic, fantastic game. The graphics blew my mind at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the_syco wrote: »
    T'was unhappy with one of the deaths in one of the C&C Red Alerts, but it's been a while, so I kinda forget which one :/

General Carville is not impressed.

6jnFXjw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I was playing FO:New Vegas and Rex died. He was been with me from very early in the game and I mourned his loss. On top of that, I had to lug all the crap I had given him over several journeys

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SpeciousStream

Kingdom Hearts 2 :
    Where Goofy takes the boulder in the head for King Mickey - my rage and tears were obvious.

Red Dead Redemption :
    John Marsden's last stand - after all he goes through only to get gunned down. I was heartbroken

Walking Dead Season 1 :
    Lee's death - ok we all saw it coming didnt mean it was any less painful

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can't remember if it has been mentioned, but in Batman: Arkham City when
    Joker died
    . Not a "totes emotes" scene, but a sad one all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

when im 5-0 down in Fifa14 and the prik starts doin tricks - :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Portal? Companion Cube? Nobody?

polls_portal_euthanize_0120_294539_poll_xlarge.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You get him back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You get him back :D
    Wait, the Companion Cube is a dude? These feelings... I'm so confused...

Advertisement