Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saddest moments in games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

COYVB wrote: »
    Maybe I'm a heartless monster, but no game has ever made me sad. In fact I dont think any has ever connected with me on any meaningful emotional level

What about Journey?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I have played good parts of twd although not in sequence necessarily, or even in a reasonable time frame. I really should

That completely negates the point of it, it's like watching a movie out of sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Shiminay wrote: »
    For me it was in Mass Effect 3 when I had to
    decide the fate of the Geth and Quarians.
    I had to stop playing for 20 minutes and all I could do was stare at the screen and try to figure out how I felt about the whole thing. It was a really difficult decision to make as I felt invested in both sides of it.

You do realize you can save them both?

for me, it's ME3 with
    Mordin and Thane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

tok9 wrote: »
    What about Journey?

Played and enjoyed very much. No emotional resonance there though, just a wonderfully realized game

krudler wrote: »
    That completely negates the point of it, it's like watching a movie out of sequence.

Absolutely! Won't find any agreements l arguments here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Played and enjoyed very much. No emotional resonance there though, just a wonderfully realized game

Wow.. I'm surprised at that.

For me it was the emotional connection with Journey that made it so special. Just an absolutely amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Your a video game psychopath!! thats pretty awesome.

you eh... you don't hurt small animals do you? :P

hahaha no I don't

Never really made any kind of emotional connection with a game actually now that I think of it, at least beyond the usual self-centred ones like pride, accomplishment, frustration, happiness and anger. I wonder why. Possibly I'm overexposed to them and view them as work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Blazer wrote: »
    Mordin in ME3 without a doubt...he and Garrat were my favourite characters..the rest I didn't give a rat's ass about.

Garrus? ;)
    Bloodwing

Not sure if sarcasm but I actually genuinely did feel a bit sad there. I'd played through Borderlands with Mordecai as my main. That bloody bird saved me quite a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm slightly different to most in that i found
    Legions
    death in ME3 to be more emotional. It was the hardest decision i had to make in that game. Like another, had to take a wee break to take it all in!

The Walking Dead - the ending.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm slightly different to most in that i found
    Legions
    death in ME3 to be more emotional. It was the hardest decision i had to make in that game. Like another, had to take a wee break to take it all in!
    Does this unit have a soul?
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You do realize you can save them both?

If you happen to win Bioware-Storytelling-Russian-Roulette you can. I found myself locked out of all sorts of options because of perfectly reasonable things I had done earlier or in previous games. Sometimes I chose Renegade options and sometimes I chose Paragon because I am a real human being and react to different situations differently, which is apparently wrong. I was supposed to pick one or the other and commit to it or I am weak and don't get fun conversation options later. That was dumb.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The day I paid money for Rise of the Robots was pretty saddening, as it turned out.
    Next saddest gaming moment was turning it on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when
    morrigan left
    in dragon age origins

it was like i'd had claudia black sarcastically insulting me for 40 hours and then she just left, heartbroken

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Garrus? ;)

Not sure if sarcasm but I actually genuinely did feel a bit sad there. I'd played through Borderlands with Mordecai as my main. That bloody bird saved me quite a few times.

No sarcasam it totally hurt and after The Angel bit with roland i had to put me controller down it was that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Uncharted 3:
    I know it turned out that he was actually fine, but in Uncharted 3 when Sully is "shot" originally. Broke my heart at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

callaway92 wrote: »
    Uncharted 3:
    I know it turned out that he was actually fine, but in Uncharted 3 when Sully is "shot" originally. Broke my heart at the time.

It's a pity they didn't follow it through

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Holy Hand Grenade

There are a lot of moments I can't recall, but the ones I can are:

Mordin and Legion (especially if you have to stop him) in ME (I know there are tons of sad moments in ME, but those were the saddest for me)
    Ending of The Walking Dead
    Dom in GoW3
    Ending of Halo 4
    Ending of RDR
    Ending of Chrono Cross (and Harle's departure)

I can't really choose between these.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

krudler wrote: »
    It's a pity they didn't follow it through

How dare you...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

"The Walking Dead" as listed by many others.

"Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons" - Finished it recently and
    was floored when Big Brother died. For a while I kept jiggling the left stick as if I could wake him up but then realised it wasn't going to happen as the game, very cruelly, made me bury him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

As has been said endings of the Walking Dead, Brothers and To The Moon are quite sad.

In ME3
    Mordins death is sad but i had Tali die and thought that was quite sad as well. She witnesses her people being destroyed and then removes her mask and jumps from a cliff,dying on the homeworld her people had desired to return to for so long. Don't get me wrong i did sympathize with the Geth but i think both them and the Quarians were victims in that conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Heavy Rain had some seriously sad moments in it. Kinda surprised I hadn't seen it mentioned by now... I think...

As has been said endings of the Walking Dead, Brothers and To The Moon are quite sad.

In ME3
    Mordins death is sad but i had Tali die and thought that was quite sad as well. She witnesses her people being destroyed and then removes her mask and jumps from a cliff,dying on the homeworld her people had desired to return to for so long. Don't get me wrong i did sympathize with the Geth but i think both them and the Quarians were victims in that conflict.
    I couldn't save both because of my ME2 playthrough.. I stuck with Tali only because she was my LI and Legion would die anyway, but damn.. those Quarians really deserved to have their asses kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

the ending of ME3 really messed with my head, i'd still like to understand what actually happened

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

+1 for the ending of The walking dead and Brothers. I'm just not emotionally attached to the characters/plots of the majority of games i play.

vlad2009 wrote: »
    the ending of ME3 really messed with my head, i'd still like to understand what actually happened

Which ending?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Which ending?
    Don't you mean which colour ? :pac:

ixoy wrote: »
    Don't you mean which colour ? :pac:

LOL, you got a point.. I had completely forgotten the ending is just you picking some colour to destroy your entire game experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Made it to 64 in flappy bird and hit a pipe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

At the end of Fable 2:
    Save the world or save the dog? You better believe I saved the dog!

Advertisement