Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saddest moments in games

Options
  • 13-02-2014 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

For me some games have had sad bits, but gears three where Dom drives the truck is the worst. Was playing Co op with a friend and we were both musty eyed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

GTA 4 the aftermath of the mission where you choose between roman or malorie to die! As much as roman was annoying it was sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

End of Walking Dead
    Dom in GOW
    Mordin in ME3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

BizzyC wrote: »
    End of Walking Dead
    Dom in GOW
    Mordin in ME3
    Mordin in ME3 too
    Batman and the Joker at the end of Arkham City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭Nolimits

When the main character (can't remember his name) was killed in Red Dead Redemption.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Moved from Xbox

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

From Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The end of The Walking Dead for sure. Only other thing that has come close for me was the ending of MGS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

If anyone has played the legacy of kain Games, where raziel finds out his fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

When you get to the end of level 1-4 in Super Mario Brothers to hoping to rescue the princess and it turns out she's actually in another castle.

Oh, and Aerith's death in FFVII

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can people please use spoiler tags in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Nolimits wrote: »
    When the main character (can't remember his name) was killed
    in Red Dead Redemption.
    john marston i think it was

had me in tears :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wasn't so much sad as bittersweet but in The Last Of Us;
    the giraffe..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's probably best people say the game title and then spoiler the rest as right now I'm glad I'm half way through ME3.. Anyway I'll mention whatever hasn't been.

The Last of Us -
    Sam becomes infected, Henry kills him and kills himself

Journey -
    Slowly making your way up the snowy mountain with your companion

Brothers: A tale of two Sons -
    Burying your brother

MGS -
    Sniper Wolf and Otacon

Shadow of the Colossus -
    Argo's fall and in general just a lot of that game

That's all I can think of now.

+1 for the Shadow of the Colossus one, right in the feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The first and last hour of Mother 3 is one of a handful o'times where a game's gone for my ticker and not made my eyes roll.
    It's odd in how quickly Hinawa's buried, but it's messed around with a bit with the zombies popping up in random battles; likely you're nonchalantly decking the revived corpse of your dead aul'wan.

There's also
    Ninten and Ana's dance in the original Mother, where you get a couple of crude, pixel-y outlines hitting notes generally reserved for Pixar's offerings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

At least 1/2 things in every MGS game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Last of Us :
    When they're trapped on the bridge and Ellie throws herself in the water rather than let Joel sacrafice himself...... gulp!

Aeris

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

To the Moon, the reveals regarding the
    dead brother and how he met the girl when they were kids, made the deal regarding the moon and what he origami rabbits meant but she couldn't just come out and say it because of the aspergers.
    Yeah basically al of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

For me it was in Mass Effect 3 when I had to
    decide the fate of the Geth and Quarians.
    I had to stop playing for 20 minutes and all I could do was stare at the screen and try to figure out how I felt about the whole thing. It was a really difficult decision to make as I felt invested in both sides of it. The fate of
    Mordin
    was also quite a blow, he'd probably been my favourite character.

Someone mentioned
    the death of John Marston in Red Dead Redemption
    which was definitely sad, but I sort of expected it and it definitely felt like the right way to play that story out.

• Advertisement

In The Walking Dead (season 1 spoiler) when
    you have to decide to be blunt with Clementine about her parents not being in Savannah and just just lies down crying
    I hated lying to her but I hated being honest with her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

“Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” :(

Red Dead Redemption
    Marston's death. It was such a vicious death too.

TLOU
    Sarah's death at the start was horrible. Joel hugging Ellie after she killed David. The ending. That game is full of feels.

The Walking Dead ending.

MGS4: "This is good, isn't it?"

Bioshock Infinite's ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Clearly ye guys havent played Brothers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Near start of Homeworld, you come back from your maiden hyperdrive voyage to find your entire civilisation has been destroyed. You find out at the start of the next mission that the assault took place for developing hyperdrive technologies. It mentions calmly at the start of the next mission that the enemy who was interrogated for that information does not survive the interrogation.

I found that calm voice saying how they essentially murdered a prisoner in retaliation genocide to be quite moving

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mordin in ME3 without a doubt...he and Garrat were my favourite characters..the rest I didn't give a rat's ass about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Bloodwing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mass Effect 3 :
    Mordin
    The walking Dead - the ending

People say Final Fantasy 7 and Aeris, and maybe it was at the time, I don't know anymore as it was 17 years ago, I was 12 or 13, played it once since and it didn't have the same impact....probably because I knew it was coming.
    Also maybe it's due to constantly seeing it replayed over and over in Top 10's and Top 100's for shocking, sad , gaming moments etc. I don't know how I feel about it anymore

XCOM : Enemy Unknown - The part where a soldier you named at the very beginning, kitted him out, brought him with you on all your missions, was the backbone of your squad........gets cheaply one/two shotted at the start of a level and is gone forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Maybe I'm a heartless monster, but no game has ever made me sad. In fact I dont think any has ever connected with me on any meaningful emotional level

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

COYVB wrote: »
    Maybe I'm a heartless monster, but no game has ever made me sad. In fact I dont think any has ever connected with me on any meaningful emotional level

trek-tng-data-page.jpg

Did you play the Walking Dead ?

I just want to check you did before I confirm that you have no soul or emotions and are basically a robot of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

SeantheMan wrote: »
    trek-tng-data-page.jpg

Did you play the Walking Dead ?

I just want to check you did before I confirm that you have no soul or emotions and are basically a robot of some sort.

I have played good parts of twd although not in sequence necessarily, or even in a reasonable time frame. I really should

Advertisement