Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orwell Randonnee 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

smacl wrote: »
    I still have an entry here if you're interested.

Hello, im meeting up with Audiron tomorrow, his was the first reply in thread to keep it fair,
    Thanks for the offer all the same

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

J Madone wrote: »
    Hello, im meeting up with Audiron tomorrow, his was the first reply in thread to keep it fair,
    Thanks for the offer all the same

No worries, enjoy the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭abc_xyz

I'm looking for an entry if yours is still free smacl?

abc_xyz wrote: »
    I'm looking for an entry if yours is still free smacl?

Yep, PM sent.

Is there much to getting the names changed for new participants for entrants who cant make it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I have a spare entry here due to injury if anyone needs it

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Orwell Randonnee

If you want to swap entries we need to know the same details as you filled in when registering as we need to have it on the sign on sheets.

All transfers need to be with us by 23.00 tonight

J Madone wrote: »
    Is there much to getting the names changed for new participants for entrants who cant make it?

If you want to swap entries we need to know the same details as you filled in when registering as we need to have it on the sign on sheets.

All transfers need to be with us by 23.00 tonight

Looks like may well go unused so, no response as yet from abc_xyz and I wasn't planning on using the computer again this evening. Free for whoever wants it, I'll check again briefly at about 22:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

smacl & brayblue24

ill take both entries it if still available? I am looking for two entries PM me please if they are available.

thanks

MD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

MD1983 wrote: »
    smacl & brayblue24

ill take both entries it if still available? I am looking for two entries PM me please if they are available.

thanks

MD

Yeah mine is here. I'll send you a PM now

• Advertisement

MD1983 wrote: »
    smacl & brayblue24

thanks

MD

PM sent, all yours. Enjoy!

Any entries still free? Looks like I missed the window on smacl :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

I've one PM me quick

clog wrote: »
    I've one PM me quick

PM sent

Can you send the details to the email address orwellrandonnee at gmail.com

Folks

This is just to let you know that we are no longer taking Transfers of entries as the Sign On Sheets etc need to be printed off in time for the event.

For everyone who has registered thank you - for the people who transferred their entries over to other people thank you as well.

Once the event has been completed and we have time to recover I will post links to the photo's of the event - remember to smile.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Second thoughts now: sick until a few days ago and bike in shop all week. Imma suffer amarach

audiRon wrote: »
    PM sent

Thanks Audiron for a hassle free deal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Enjoy the day all.

If anyone wants to bring me home some cake that would be nice.

Great but tough day out. I didn't do the turn off for Enniskerry and just continued on home, because I was struggling. The food stop was amazing. 137km all in for me.

Am looking forward to seeing the photos to see my descent into suffering from happy (viewpoint) to not happy (Wicklow Gap).

Now to order and eat all the takeaway food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I was very tempted to do the same and take the shortest route home from Glencree but the lure of the burger and chips was too strong.:)

Cramped coming up Glenmacnass and had to take it easy from there to the finish. Thank god for that tail wind from Laragh.

Big thanks and well done to Orwell for a great event,brilliant food stop in Laragh and at the finish. Also fair play to those marshals that braved the elements up over the Gap and along the descent to Powerscourt, warning riders of the dodgy surface and bends.

Absolutely knackered now.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

daragh_ wrote: »
    Enjoy the day all.

If anyone wants to bring me home some cake that would be nice.

It was a good day - thanks Orwell for a well organised event, friendly marshalls, and a great course.

Daragh, not sure you would have wanted a bit of the carrot cake having been dragged over Glenmacnass and Sally Gap! Actually, by Enniskerry it would have been too tempting for me regardless of its state!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭slowcyclist

Thanks all at Orwell; excellent event again.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

Great job, first time doing it and the carrot cake lived up to it's reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭nilhg

First time for me to do this event, very impressed with the whole organisation and marshalling, really well thought out and organised, plenty of food at the stop and I think the minestrone soup brought life back to my broken spirit.

Great to to see a part of the country that I'd never been to before, I know they're close enough to me but I'd never been to Glencullen or Glencree before, or up over the featherbeds.

I hope the chap who came off coming down the Sally Gap towards Blessington is OK, I came by a minute or two after it happened, plenty of people with him so didn't stop but it looked a nasty one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There was some sort of incident on the Wicklow Gap road near Turlough Hill at around 3pm. Several ambulances and a Garda car left the scene and headed towards Laragh. I was hoping no cyclists were involved but I couldn't see as I was way back in a traffic queue. The road was closed for about 20 or 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sometimes I see people stranded pathetically at a sportive and my inner fake-audaxer* thinks "pah! fix your own bike! where's your self-sufficiency?".

Well, today that clown was me. After 50km my front mech cable snapped, so I continued on the 34t.

Then at 70km my 11sp chain snapped on the way up Wicklow Gap.

Card out, on the phone to mechanical support, chain fixed and on my way in a few minutes for another 70km or so of spinning and coasting on the small ring.

I therefore declare the Randonee clown-proof. Great day out, flawless organisation.

Hope the crashees are OK.

(* I'm too weak to be a real audaxer)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

good day. cramped climbing out of laragh but wasnt so bad. the final 20k or so started to hurt. well done all

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭purple cow

Saw one of the guys who crashed. He was dropped back to St. Benildu's at the finish. Apparently he needed 40 stitches in his head, he was fairly well bandaged up. He was from the Lakeside Wheelers club. Was talking to one of his club mates at the end. One of the ladies from the club was taken to hospital with concussion after falling at Wicklow gap.

Fantastic organisation. The marshalling was top class. Will definitely do again next year.

Hope all from the Lakeside Wheelers are OK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Thanks to all at Orwell. Fantastic day out.

Advertisement