Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orwell Randonnee 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Orwell Randonnee

Hi

Just to let you know that the entries have now closed as we have reached max numbers.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Hi

Is it possible to give my place to a club mate? Can't make it on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭barryf42

hi folks
    I have a place to go, if someone wants same. due to a family commitment, I now can't do this on saturday.
    let me know if you want and we can advise orwell of change of details -
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭kuro_man

barryf42 wrote: »
    hi folks
    I have a place to go, if someone wants same. due to a family commitment, I now can't do this on saturday.
    let me know if you want and we can advise orwell of change of details -
    thanks

Hi, I'll take it if still available - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭barryf42

kuro_man wrote: »
    Hi, I'll take it if still available - thanks.

That is fine - pm me your details and we will sort out transfer - enjoy it - I am doing it myself on friday as I cant do the saturday now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭kuro_man

barryf42 wrote: »
    That is fine - pm me your details and we will sort out transfer - enjoy it - I am doing it myself on friday as I cant do the saturday now

pm sent

Thank Barry, enjoy the spin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Saw this at the Laragh exit on the Sally gap crossroads last night. Most likely of minimal consequence to cyclists and the event, but could be worth giving the council a buzz on the off chance of obstructions at the bottom of descents etc...

305169.JPG

Hi

Thanks for that. We are driving the course tonight and will check it out.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

I might be missing this detail somewhere, but where's the food stop this year? I need to know how long I'll have to race to be first for cake!

Also, where are the major Strava KOM segments that I should be concentrating on? Will these be marked on the course?

• Advertisement

Hi

The water stop is in Manor Kilbride with the main food stop in Laragh.

Regards
    buffalo wrote: »
    I might be missing this detail somewhere, but where's the food stop this year? I need to know how long I'll have to race to be first for cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Hi

Thanks for that. We are driving the course tonight and will check it out.

Regards

A real man would ride the course to get the absolute most authentic feel for it in order to report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Left it way to late. If anyone has a spare entry, I'll take it. PM me.

It is a bit awkward to "cycle" the course and to carry road marking material as well.

[
    quote="Lusk_Doyle;90170964"]A real man would ride the course to get the absolute most authentic feel for it in order to report back.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It is a bit awkward to "cycle" the course and to carry road marking material as well.
    First world problem. Third world solution.

8145249426_b3a52c490f_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Also, where are the major Strava KOM segments that I should be concentrating on? Will these be marked on the course?

http://4iiii.com/store/?AFFID=135536

just for you - a "realtime audio visual performance coach"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

That's what your domestiques are for, silly!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

Wold be very grateful for an unused entry if anyone can't make it..
    Thanks in advance
    J M

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

Also looking for a spare entry if available

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭audiRon

I won't be able to make it on Saturday. PM me your details and we can arrange a swap

• Advertisement

Also won't be able make it this Saturday for anyone looking for an entry. Second year in a row missing it, which is a royal pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭billyhead

I have a spare entry available which I already send a pm to SmcClaw and JMadone too to let them know before the folow up posts by Audiron and smacl

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fig roller

Hi

Just to let anyone who has registered for the event an email will be going out to everyone in the next couple of days with information about the day and the option to register on the Friday night before the event.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the 3rd -

Has this email been sent out yet as I have yet to get one (have received registration confirmation email)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Fig roller wrote: »
    Has this email been sent out yet as I have yet to get one (have received registration confirmation email)

Received it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I think that the food stop should be at the base/start of the toughest climb/KOM of the day, to aid in the cake-digesting process. If you don't get the KOM, you have to go back down to eat more motivational cake and try again.

doozerie wrote: »
    I think that the food stop should be at the base/start of the toughest climb/KOM of the day, to aid in the cake-digesting process. If you don't get the KOM, you have to go back down to eat more motivational cake and try again.

If it worked for Rás Mumhan...

billyhead wrote: »
    I have a spare entry available which I already send a pm to SmcClaw and JMadone too to let them know before the folow up posts by Audiron and smacl

Thanks for all the messing , after pm-ing me to say I could have it and agreeing on payment he sells it to someone else, better to keep it in thread from now on,
    First class messer.

audiRon wrote: »
    I won't be able to make it on Saturday. PM me your details and we can arrange a swap
    Hello Is entry still available?
    Thanks

J Madone wrote: »
    Thanks

I still have an entry here if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭audiRon

J Madone wrote: »
    Thanks
    PM sent

Advertisement