Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XV 2014 General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

So, Carter at 12 for the semi. Has anyone seen the recent games with himself and Crotty in midfield? Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

.ak wrote: »
    So, Carter at 12 for the semi. Has anyone seen the recent games with himself and Crotty in midfield? Any use?

Yep I've watched the Highlanders and Blues games with him there. He's been decent. He's taking the ball up a good bit but he has the deft touch for the offload as well which was highlighted in the final pass for the try that eventually killed off the Blues. He's a great distributor to have there which is a welcome change from the protypical 6-3 battering ram that usually occupies first centre these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

.ak wrote: »

Crotty is highly under-rated, and is probably a better 13 than 12. Carter is fine at 12 but supreme at 10. However, I think it suits Blackadder to have Slade at 10 and Carter at 12, in order to allow Crotty to move out to 13. The Crusaders need to think hard about recruiting a better midfielder than Ray Lee-Lo for next season who has been one giant flop, and not sighted for weeks now.

About time you actually watched a Crusaders game .ak ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I wonder will Colin Slade manage to keep his gum shield in this week or will it be three in a row?

Is anybody going to do a match thread for the Crusaders/Sharks game? Not looking at anyone in particular Swiwi. :D

I wonder will Colin Slade manage to keep his gum shield in this week or will it be three in a row?

Is anybody going to do a match thread for the Crusaders/Sharks game? Not looking at anyone in particular Swiwi. :D

Hmmm. At home I speak English, at work French, with the neighbours and local shops high German, but they tend to use Swiss German. My brain is full at the moment Judgement Day!

TBH, I actually don't have the time for a preview for this game...but don't worry if the Saders make the final, or especially when the MIB kick back into action, I'l try and whip out the odd preview...or two.

NB: I don't ever recall YOU doing a preview JD. No pressure now...

• Advertisement

And...it's time to bump the thread. I wouldn't mind a vintage DC display to roll back the years.

Reid looks up for it anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Shocking kicking so far from the sharks

Pity, but it was a mile forward. Could've been and end to end run there.

Go Care On!

• Advertisement

Wow, great try by Read.

That shocking kick deserved to be punished.

Shocking kicking so far from the sharks

For a side whose modus operandi de rigeur is kicking...maybe practice doesn't make perfect.

The sharks should just be keeping it in hand.

What do you lads think about Ellis? Not as good as Smith of course but doesn't seem worse than Kerr Barlow or TJ Perenara.

Another shocking kick from the sharks.
    They really haven't shown up tonight so far

Swiwi. wrote: »
    What do you lads think about Ellis? Not as good as Smith of course but doesn't seem worse than Kerr Barlow or TJ Perenara.

I love his enthusiasm. Always flying around the pitch. Loves winding up the opposition as well. Always in the face of the opposition.

He's having a good game so far, seems to be getting his hands dirty also which I like to see from a 9

I was at that Northern Transvaal game in 96 I think back when the crusaders were Shiite.

Game over.

• Advertisement

Nice! Sharks will need more than 3 pointers now. Should be a good last 30 or so.

Horrendous again from the sharks this half and once again punished.
    Great hands by slade in that try

GJ is having a fantastic game as ref IMO. 100% correct calls so far

Well that try just sums up the sharks today. Everything that can go wrong, is going wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Lol, game over

Well, I should be humble in victory, but I kind of feel good riddance to the sharks and their boa constrictor jake white style 10 man rugby. I endured the kickathon that was the 2007 RWC final, and I turned off the Brumbies vs Sharks after 40 minutes it was such an awful game.

I hope the Tahs win, I just like watching Folau & Beale, and the Tahs deserve to reach the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭bilston

GJ is having a fantastic game as ref IMO. 100% correct calls so far

If the ball comes out the tunnel at a scrum is it not meant to be reset?

bilston wrote: »
    If the ball comes out the tunnel at a scrum is it not meant to be reset?

Yes, but it didnt. It came out from under the 2nd row, which I think is OK.

Icing on the cake. Terrible kick from the replacement wing: a peach of a centering kick - but on defence LOL - and Slade sets up the try.

• Advertisement

Absolutely gutted the sharks there.

Advertisement