Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY juice mixes...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

grindle wrote: »
    I got about 10-15ml of sweet juices like Swedish Fish through them before switching for a new one. I know some say a week or even two weeks (this'd be in a tank where it's always saturated) but once a sweet juice got that sugarred-gummy taste I had to toss the carto.
    Unsweetened menthol juices or something like Tobacco Praze I could see lasting a good while in one, Swedish Fish or Vanilla Custard or most NETs would dramatically reduce the life-span.

well he is annoying boring with his juice and stuck to the first he tried b+h hangsen so that shouldnt be a problem a week would be great , currently he is on cigalike and it never leaves his hand or gob ha, but he has amazingly low juice consumption considering.

Little puff little puff little puff , drives me insane but it seems to be a juice saver

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

Hey, quick question about DIY. What's the best setup for testing your mix? I'll be getting my first DCC and a fair few flavours but I obviously don't want to prime and fill a whole cart and then it tastes awful!

Also, I'm looking to make 0-nic juice and I'm a bit concerned about a lack of throat hit. Will a high PG% mix give a decent hit? And is there anything I can get to substitute for a hit, if not?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Hey, quick question about DIY. What's the best setup for testing your mix? I'll be getting my first DCC and a fair few flavours but I obviously don't want to prime and fill a whole cart and then it tastes awful!

Also, I'm looking to make 0-nic juice and I'm a bit concerned about a lack of throat hit. Will a high PG% mix give a decent hit? And is there anything I can get to substitute for a hit, if not?

Thanks!

Cheep rebuildable dripper. No cost to replace the coil other than the faff and the flavor is true not muted by filler. You get 5 to 8 drops in and try the juice once it'd gone move to the next one. Sweet stuff and menthols might linger but don't once the juice is vaped.
    Other than that a bridgeless dripping atomizer is a good bet, no faff and lasts ages. Same thing with menthols but thats menthol.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Cheep rebuildable dripper. No cost to replace the coil other than the faff and the flavor is true not muted by filler. You get 5 to 8 drops in and try the juice once it'd gone move to the next one. Sweet stuff and menthols might linger but don't once the juice is vaped.
    Other than that a bridgeless dripping atomizer is a good bet, no faff and lasts ages. Same thing with menthols but thats menthol.

Is there anywhere in Dublin that sells a dripper? And maybe a couple of flavour concentrates? My unit and all the DIY stuff is coming tomorrow... except the flavours lol. I honestly can't wait a day or two to try it! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Is there anywhere in Dublin that sells a dripper? And maybe a couple of flavour concentrates? My unit and all the DIY stuff is coming tomorrow... except the flavours lol. I honestly can't wait a day or two to try it! haha

Fastest flavor you'll get is from one of the irish vendors, next day for most of them. Try these guys for a good selection of flavors.
    http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

What T2B said. Contact e-smokeireland.eu [ESI] and you can pop to their house in Palmerstown for a rebuildable dripper and wire, or just a standard 510 dripper (bear in mind that rebuildables ARE easy, but you do have to learn a small amount of info to use them).
    Ecirette will apparently have flavours for DIY on their site soon, might be an idea to ring and see if they have it in their store on Lower Gardiner St. as they might just be tardy with the website.
    PG allows more TH from the nic that's there, doesn't provide it's own really.
    Alcohol has a slight but different TH.
    Chilli concentrate has a not-so-slight and very different TH.
    This apparently does the job. Some kind of pepper extract.
    Choose '0mg' and 'Full Hit' and then mix to your preference I suppose.

What T2B said. Contact e-smokeireland.eu [ESI] and you can pop to their house in Palmerstown for a rebuildable dripper and wire, or just a standard 510 dripper (bear in mind that rebuildables ARE easy, but you do have to learn a small amount of info to use them).
    Ecirette will apparently have flavours for DIY on their site soon, might be an idea to ring and see if they have it in their store on Lower Gardiner St. as they might just be tardy with the website.

Is this what I'm looking for? Because at that price I'll definitely wait for a cheaper solution. That's more than I paid for my entire unit!
    PG allows more TH from the nic that's there, doesn't provide it's own really.
    Alcohol has a slight but different TH.
    Chilli concentrate has a not-so-slight and very different TH.
    This apparently does the job. Some kind of pepper extract.
    Choose '0mg' and 'Full Hit' and then mix to your preference I suppose.

I'll have to look into that. Might try a few options out and see if anything works for me.

Is this what I'm looking for? Because at that price I'll definitely wait for a cheaper solution. That's more than I paid for my entire unit!

Great job picking out one of the pricier ones! You have good taste and a brightly shiny future.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/era.htm
    +
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kanthal.htm (the 0.25mm aka AWG30)
    +
    038719.jpg
    =
    Life-time supply of vape happiness.

But you do have learn to rebuild. 6-8cm length of the 0.25mm wire is a perfect resistance-range for your battery, ~1.6-2.1ohm.

If you'd prefer less faff and don't mind paying more in the long run then this: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/306attie.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

If you have an old Protank , this might work.

just be sure you the the right omhs ect

Make Your Protank Into A Dripper Atomizer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDKuFC-UcgE

Great job picking out one of the pricier ones! You have good taste and a brightly shiny future.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/era.htm
    +
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kanthal.htm (the 0.25mm aka AWG30)
    +
    038719.jpg
    =
    Life-time supply of vape happiness.

But you do have learn to rebuild. 6-8cm length of the 0.25mm wire is a perfect resistance-range for your battery, ~1.6-2.1ohm.

If you'd prefer less faff and don't mind paying more in the long run then this: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/306attie.htm

Haha, whoops! Just my noob colours showing there. I just searched "dripper" and the only two that came up were insanely priced! Nice one!

If you have an old Protank , this might work.

just be sure you the the right omhs ect

Make Your Protank Into A Dripper Atomizer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDKuFC-UcgE

That's cool, but I'm actually just starting off, getting my first unit tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Re Mom and Pops concentrates; Wow, what a difference a steep makes. They're really sweet flavours, maybe this is why. they're not far off the versions i bought at all now but i wish i mixed my order up with some t-juice or italian made ones as well. these m&ps are a bit like krispy kreme doughnuts/other american things, very nice and rich but everyday...

i think this guy's got it right re steeping/mixing and i regret not useing a milk frother (instead of worrying how much juice i'd lose to the bottom of my bowl :rolleyes:). long video, but the best beginners mixing video i came across.

BTW, the faff is the whole reason that I'm so into all this, so quickly! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

accaguest wrote: »
    Re Mom and Pops concentrates; Wow, what a difference a steep makes. They're really sweet flavours, maybe this is why. they're not far off the versions i bought at all now but i wish i mixed my order up with some t-juice or italian made ones as well. these m&ps are a bit like krispy kreme doughnuts/other american things, very nice and rich but everyday...

i think this guy's got it right re steeping/mixing and i regret not useing a milk frother (instead of worrying how much juice i'd lose to the bottom of my bowl :rolleyes:). long video, but the best beginners mixing video i came across.

Yeah i went back to my mon n pops coffee n cream today its really close even color looks spot on , 25% for me.

Am in love with the butterscotch/american blend i did, i would imagine id have to dilute it after a few weeks, but i dont think this batch will survive a few weeks :D , next time i will make few batches at different %'s so i can leave some for much longer and hopefully reduce %'s with a good steep

Another source for concentrates, dunno how I missed those before!

Jack the Ripple pre-mixed was always too light or bland for me but at a higher concentration...

Red Astaire is constantly being talked about on UKV.

Another source for concentrates, dunno how I missed those before!

Jack the Ripple pre-mixed was always too light or bland for me but at a higher concentration...

Red Astaire is constantly being talked about on UKV.

I've got JTR and Vamp Vape coming, was going to do them at about 18% as they seem to be considered straight-forward. Would you go higher? I've never had T Juice and it says the premade are 80%PG. I'm going to do 50/50. Not sure will that effect flavour.

I should probably test first but after seeing how my M&Ps changed over 12 days or so, I wouldn't have the patience or trust them initially. Happy to go with general convention which seems to be 15-20.

I have an FA Espresso coming as well. People say at 2% this is strong. Anyone tried it? Looking up thread people were going way up with FA %ages.

Also, I got a milk frother in Homestore and More for €4. HIGHLY recommended. Crazy to see the difference in the colour/viscosity compared to my first mix. Use as small a glass as you can though, without sending it everywhere. Not that that would happen.:rolleyes:

accaguest wrote: »
    I've got JTR and Vamp Vape coming, was going to do them at about 18% as they seem to be considered straight-forward. Would you go higher? I've never had T Juice and it says the premade are 80%PG. I'm going to do 50/50. Not sure will that effect flavour.

I should probably test first but after seeing how my M&Ps changed over 12 days or so, I wouldn't have the patience or trust them initially. Happy to go with general convention which seems to be 15-20.

I have an FA Espresso coming as well. People say at 2% this is strong. Anyone tried it? Looking up thread people were going way up with FA %ages.

Also, I got a milk frother in Homestore and More for €4. HIGHLY recommended. Crazy to see the difference in the colour/viscosity compared to my first mix. Use as small a glass as you can though, without sending it everywhere. Not that that would happen.:rolleyes:

I'd start at 20% anyway. If 15% is recommended and that's what they put in their own, definitely. Possibly a dash more in a 50/50 mix? Who knows, everyone's different? People have love Jack the Ripple in it's normal state, it's just too little flavour for me.

As for the espresso - take nothing for granted. FA's concentrates vary wildly and any coffee I've ever had was overpowering. And un-coffee-esque. Some fella on ECF likes his Keoke coffee @10% and I swear to god it tastes like Satan's shït @ 2%, like an extremely coarse, well over-roasted coffee.

Wow, so 2% could be okay. 10ml concentrate = 500ml liquid.

I hope I like it. ;)

Advertisement