Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY juice mixes...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Happyvape have you ordered any premade juice from them ? prices seem very good, whats shipping time like with them also is customs an issue , thanks

EDIT ah i see its china based so customs an issue on larger orders alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4 happyvape

masonchat wrote: »
    Happyvape have you ordered any premade juice from them ? prices seem very good, whats shipping time like with them also is customs an issue , thanks

EDIT ah i see its china based so customs an issue on larger orders alright
    They send with post mail and EMS,I had no problem with Customs, but if you need to order large orders, better ask for Fedex or other servicee:)

happyvape wrote: »
    I have been vaping for a year,I tried mixing recently, I ordered from novocig. They had a DIY pack, and their flavors are great.
    http://novocig.com/store/E-juice-E-liquid/ecig-liquids/e-liquid-diy-pack

They have 99% pure nicotine 10ml for $8 . is it safe to open this without those special cases with the gloves, id love to get some at that price but would be terrified to open that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

They have 99% pure nicotine 10ml for $8 . is it safe to open this without those special cases with the gloves, id love to get some at that price but would be terrified to open that
    Pair of latex gloves, little bit of caution & some basic common sense & all will be well Mason...carry on ;)

I read that opening a bottle of pure nic could kill everyone in the room lol.

ive made 2 juices so far with mom and pops concentrates , coffe n cream one of my favorite premade i used 20% left for week , tasted like a watered down version and if missing something, i added another 20 drops and left another few day flavor got stronger but still tastes like it missing something quite big.

2nd was biancas bliss again 20% and left for a week , if this is biancas bliss award winning juice no less, all i can say is bianca is easily impressed, again very week flavor , both juices made with 50/50

Has anyone had good success with these concentrates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

ive made 2 juices so far with mom and pops concentrates , coffe n cream one of my favorite premade i used 20% left for week , tasted like a watered down version and if missing something, i added another 20 drops and left another few day flavor got stronger but still tastes like it missing something quite big.

2nd was biancas bliss again 20% and left for a week , if this is biancas bliss award winning juice no less, all i can say is bianca is easily impressed, again very week flavor , both juices made with 50/50

I made some of these for the first time recently too. I started using my 5ml testers straight away and there were different problems with most of them but I said I'd leave the 30ml brews to steep for a week before judging.

I'm having 1 clearo of flavour a day at the moment as I would like to go flavourless but I, er, don't want to as well *sigh*

So far I get the same impression, just something missing. I only mixed at 18% (with my base at 50PG/42.5VG/7.5Dilution) but I thought this might be too strong if anything when mixing. The colour's there, the smell's there but it's not the same. I don't mind too much, and rightly or wrongly, I tell myself milder flavours are better all things considered but yeah, they're not the same as the ones I bought pre-made.

Pchela's okay, bit mild. And same with Red ridge Mist and Banana Maze. Perfectly pleasant, just not a lot going on. I have RY4v2 and Butterfly Bait to try on the weekend.

On their site the sell different sweeteners and additives, I'm beginning to think maybe these are what's missing in my version?

Pretty good, fun to do and a lot cheaper than pre-made but if I really wanted a strong ADV at the moment I don't think they'd do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Pair of latex gloves, little bit of caution & some basic common sense & all will be well Mason...carry on ;)

This is incredibly unwise and irresponsible. If you spill the bottle on yourself you'll certainly be hospitalised if not dead - just 1/10th would hospitalise you.

If anything bad happens mason, I'll make it a priority that you win the Darwin Award this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Ionised

Risk of death vs saving a few quid

Have to agree with Grindle here...

On another note, just mixed up my first homebrewed juice using one of the Basement Brew concentrates. FYI, first class service. 3 days from order to having it in my hand (they are based in Denmark) and the usual good service from Bargain Vapour for the PG/VG and 5% nic.

So far so good and I'm sure from doing a bit of research that the flavour will settle once steeped for a day or two.

grindle wrote: »
    This is incredibly unwise and irresponsible. If you spill the bottle on yourself you'll certainly be hospitalised if not dead - just 1/10th would hospitalise you.

If anything bad happens mason, I'll make it a priority that you win the Darwin Award this year.

LMAO, id be too chicken to chance it grindle, and i think they said bottle is only marked N :eek: that is dangerous

EDIT im picturing monstamash running in an ape suit followed closely by grindle running behind him kicking him up the azz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

This is incredibly unwise and irresponsible. If you spill the bottle on yourself you'll certainly be hospitalised if not dead

And this is why we need(ed) some kind of regulation in place, its ridiculous that they are selling this over the web to anyone and everyone. Theres not that many chemicals that can kill you just by accidental spillage (Ricin comes to mind :eek: ), fewer still that are easily accessible without a bucketload of permits.

IMHO 100mg solution should be the cutoff for DIY'ers. More than that and its getting into the seriously dangerous zone, even a few accidental drops of 100mg on the skin you can significantly feel the effects of so hate to think what 1000mg could do even if washed off straight away.

Even over here (which is like the wild west regarding safety) Its extremely difficult to get your hands on more than 100mg unless they are pretty sure you can handle it safely and know you in person.

• Advertisement

Don't know much about Mom & Po's concentrates, but I can vouch for Inawera & FlavourArt concentrates with which I've had great sucess...

http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/

http://flavourartexpress.biz/

LMAO, id be too chicken to chance it grindle, and i think they said bottle is only marked N :eek: that is dangerous

EDIT im picturing monstamash running in an ape suit followed closely by grindle running behind him kicking him up the azz :D
    :pac::pac::pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

classic, good find haha

Don't know much about Mom & Po's concentrates, but I can vouch for Inawera & FlavourArt concentrates with which I've had great sucess...

http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/

http://flavourartexpress.biz/

I have some of flavorarts concentrates to use it is there that i got the mom n pops concentrates also.

only F ART one i have mixed so far is cuban supreme , its not what i was expecting but good ,

recommended to start 1 - 2% found i did have to go to 10% @2% i couldnt taste anything and neither could gf who is very sensitive to smell/taste

, she gave up cold turkey about 5 years ago but she is a bit of a freak quitting hardly bothered her.

What % of F ART do use seem to use monsta

I have some of flavorarts concentrates to use it is there that i got the mom n pops concentrates also.

only F ART one i have mixed so far is cuban supreme , its not what i was expecting but good ,

recommended to start 1 - 2% found i did have to go to 10% @2% i couldnt taste anything and neither could gf who is very sensitive to smell/taste

, she gave up cold turkey about 5 years ago but she is a bit of a freak quitting hardly bothered her.

What % of F ART do use seem to use monsta
    F ART :pac::pac::pac:

I find 15% in a 50/50 PG/VG mix to be the sweet spot (no pun intended, as some of the Inawera concentrates eg caramel & vanilla are quite sweet) when it comes to ratios, but that's my personal preference/taste ;)

I made F ART butterscotch 20% today kept it in hot water for 40min, not a bad vape again mild though ( maybe im expectin too much) im going to add some usa mix concentrate to it see what its like

Just wondering if you did anything with your mixes to improve them mason?

I'm thinking about topping mine up to 25%. I would have thought that would be way too high but Jesus they're mild. They're smooth and vape well, but what little flavour they have is buried right down in a faint taste. If I'm going to treat myself to a flavour, it's wasted on these.

I might hop an email off to the vendor to see if they have any advice.

I was thinking i might add some sweeteners to my next order, i dont really want to be going higher than 20% , if that dont work im just going to forget about trying to recreate , and just experiment with some base flavors

yeah, any higher than 20% it seems like i may as well buy them premade:eek:

it could be the sweeteners, but someone on a thread i googled before i did them said they should be in them already and that resellers, which is where i was getting them from, did it from concentrate anyway so it should be the same. not convinced at the moment.

maybe they need 2 weeks steeping to kick in? the jury seems to be out on steeping though as well? think i saw grindle say people overestimated it/misunderstood it (could be mistaken, can't remember thread).

bugger anyway, got over 140ml mixed lying around, with concentrate left over. can't really justify buying another juice. still know i will though. bloody vaping :rolleyes:

accaguest wrote: »
    yeah, any higher than 20% it seems like i may as well buy them premade:eek:

Feel the same

maybe they need 2 weeks steeping to kick in? the jury seems to be out on steeping though as well? think i saw grindle say people overestimated it/misunderstood it (could be mistaken, can't remember thread).

Have some coming up to the 2 weeks while sine i tried them, ill report back :P

bugger anyway, got over 140ml mixed lying around, with concentrate left over. can't really justify buying another juice. still know i will though. bloody vaping :rolleyes:

Same , but im fairly lucky i have had any juice that i couldnt at least use, and maybe were better off not having a juice we really love as consumption could SKYrocket :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I use these quite a lot. Mix at 20%, tasty...

Today i made a juice 30ml 50/50 12mg used 2 FLAVOR ARTS concentrates butterscotch and american blend flavor at 30% = 9ml flavoring 6ml butterscotch 3 ml american blend.

It is yum yum in my kafun clone my nicest juice yet i think

Just figured out if my concentrate is 100%PG, my mix of M&Ps turned out at 60%PG/35%VG/5%Dil. I never factored this in to the mix and was going for a sort of 50/50.

I mixed all my nic up to a 50/50 13.5mg base before I got the flavours (despite being advised this wasn't the wisest move :o) so I'd have to do some awful jiggerypokery to fix that.

Maybe this is the difference? Christ, I don't know. Everything seems like guesswork to me. How much of a difference in ratio does it take to notice? Is VG noticeably different from PG in the vape. I never know what ratio I even like because hardly any of them list it and it could be the flavour I like anyway. Jaysus, back to the lab/dinner table.

PS Mason, I have a worry one of your posts will end up along the lines of "Just mixed a 95% concentrate at 70% pure nicotine there. It's okay, but I'm not getting much in the vape." ;)

Just figured out if my concentrate is 100%PG, my mix of M&Ps turned out at 60%PG/35%VG/5%Dil. I never factored this in to the mix and was going for a sort of 50/50.
    Maybe this is the difference? Christ, I don't know. Everything seems like guesswork to me. How much of a difference in ratio does it take to notice? Is VG noticeably different from PG in the vape. I never know what ratio I even like because hardly any of them list it and it could be the flavour I like anyway. Jaysus, back to the lab/dinner table.

Higher PG would let more of the flavour through, so it's unlikely to be that.
    VG and PG have totally different vapes, PG has a chemically-dry feel to it and VG is like a sweet velvety-nothingness.

Could be a steeping thing (on that note, if I did say it was overestimated that must've been a pre-Vanilla Custard statement - pretty much every juice I made before then was fruity and they generally don't change as much as savoury or tobacco flavours).

PS: Pre-mixing your base - I told you so. :P

I mixed all my nic up to a 50/50 13.5mg base before I got the flavours (despite being advised this wasn't the wisest move :o) so I'd have to do some awful jiggerypokery to fix that.

PS Mason, I have a worry one of your posts will end up along the lines of "Just mixed a 95% concentrate at 70% pure nicotine there. It's okay, but I'm not getting much in the vape." ;)

LMAO knowing me you could well be right accaguest, regarding the mix vg is a thicker vape i find with less throat hit, i got my nic at 50/50 i really wouldnt think the concentrate would make that much difference to the ratio and cher what can you do about that anyway.

What it would alter is the nic content alright

Higher PG would let more of the flavour through, so it's unlikely to be that.

Ah okay thanks, I wasn't sure if PG or VG was for flavour.
    VG and PG have totally different vapes, PG has a chemically-dry feel to it and VG is like a sweet velvety-nothingness.

With Dekang, which says it's 75%PG, I definitely notice a dryer less full vape alright. Less rounded, if that makes sense. Tbh, usually I just try and look at how watery it is to guestimate. VIP had me confused though. It looked thick but the ingredients didn't mention VG until way down the list. I loved their USA mix at the beginning, but awful vaper's tongue to where I couldn't taste it at all half way through a tank...not sure if that gives away a ratio or not.

I'll let them steep and hope for the best.
    PS: Pre-mixing your base - I told you so. :P

Yes...well you see...I thought I should em...y'know for simplicity it would be best to...er...next time I'll listen ;).

i really wouldnt think the concentrate would make that much difference to the ratio and cher what can you do about that anyway.

Probably not, I'm reaching a bit tbh. But it if it is 100%PG using the concentrate at 20% would make it 60/40 I think. I don't even know if it is PG though, it's just the ingredients only listed PG, Flavourings.

even if so ( never looked to see what concentrates are carried in pg/vg wise) you would never tell difference between 50/50 60/40 mixes i bet ,minimal change now if tour nic was 100% pg as well it might be adding up. if anything like grindle said higer pg should be higher flavor less vapor

Grindle i saw your post on another thread regarding bodge cartos , thinkin about recommending something like them to the father, be much easier for him to manage id say , how much use would one of those give on average

• Advertisement

Grindle i saw your post on another thread regarding bodge cartos , thinkin about recommending something like them to the father, be much easier for him to manage id say , how much use would one of those give on average

I got about 10-15ml of sweet juices like Swedish Fish through them before switching for a new one. I know some say a week or even two weeks (this'd be in a tank where it's always saturated) but once a sweet juice got that sugarred-gummy taste I had to toss the carto.
    Unsweetened menthol juices or something like Tobacco Praze I could see lasting a good while in one, Swedish Fish or Vanilla Custard or most NETs would dramatically reduce the life-span.

Advertisement