Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY juice mixes...

Options
  • 08-02-2014 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

I've started mixing my own juices lately just for the sake of experimentation.

I'm using VG/PG base mix 50/50 & flavours sourced at http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/7-e-flavours

For those of you vapers out there that DIY mix, what is your preferred VG/PG ratio & why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

I hope it works out for ya, I'm still kinda new to the vaping but know i'll end up trying my hand at diy and rebuidables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

macker33 wrote: »
    I hope it works out for ya, I'm still kinda new to the vaping but know i'll end up trying my hand at diy and rebuidables
    Fairly new to it myself, 4 month convertee, but anyone that knows me knows I go a little OTT OCD on a subject when I get into it.

Once an extremist, always an extremist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭blade1

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Fairly new to it myself, 4 month convertee, but anyone that knows me knows I go a little OTT OCD on a subject when I get into it.

Once an extremist, always an extremist :D
    Another newbie here.
    Something I'd like to try myself in the near future.
    I'd be very interested in knowing what your concoctions turn out like.

MonsterMash, have you come across any decent weed flavours for e cigs?

It's like cooking basically, if you have the right ingredients & put them together to taste, eventually you will come up with a flavour that entices the taste buds & just hits the spot.

It's all about personal preference, it can be a little hit & miss at first, but it's not alchemy.

Start of with small amounts & add to taste I find.

You can always add to the flavour, but you can tone it down with a good neutral base or distilled water if you over do it.

On second thoughts...it is alchemy, vaping alchemy :D

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »
    MonsterMash, have you come across any decent weed flavours for e cigs?
    I'm traditional when it comes to that...but I still vape it on my volcano ;):D

http://volcanovaporizer.com/

hmmmmm, nice :) Thanks for that. Ive kind of gotten sick of the reg e cig flav, and prefer the taste of weed, so thats why I was wondering whats available.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭dball

ezsmoke selling them now:
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/products_new.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

68% VG
    30% PG
    1% Sucralose (in PG)
    1% Ethyl Maltol (in PG)

Leave juices steep for at least 2 weeks.

Been at it for about a year now and thats the recipe that seems to work the best for drippers, clearo's however need a 55:50 mix or start to choke fast so I ask people what they are using first - the 70:30 is much more "luxurious" vape though.

• Advertisement

I've taken to adding a few drops of Whiskey to my tobacco mixes lately...makes all the difference, adds a hint of flavour & thins out the mix :D

I've taken to adding a few drops of Whiskey to my tobacco mixes lately...makes all the difference, adds a hint of flavour & thins out the mix :D

Hmm, i've half a bottle of potcheen, ii seriously doubt itll improve the flavour

macker33 wrote: »
    Hmm, i've half a bottle of potcheen, ii seriously doubt itll improve the flavour
    Keeps your coils clean too...clean while you vape :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

shilling my own stuff here but anyway, just put up a video of the mix I just made. no idea how its turned out just yet but will update in a few days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdjUq--oMJ

shilling my own stuff here but anyway, just put up a video of the mix I just made. no idea how its turned out just yet but will update in a few days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdjUq--oMJ
    Dude, link ain't working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Dude, link ain't working :(

this any batter www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdjUq--oMJo

Nice vid, cheers for that ;)

Keeps your coils clean too...clean while you vape :D

I think it'd clean more than my coils

Handy little mixing app for those with an iphone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ivape/id682229263?mt=8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Anyone who likes the Mom and Pops range can get the flavour concentrates online, I've used the Five Layer and Pchelas Poison and they come out lovely at about 20-25% with an overall 70/30 mix @18mg.

The flavours from the alchemists cupboard are very sweet from my experience.

Would love a concentrate for Highbrows Cappuccino Diablo. That stuff is expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Pique wrote: »
    Anyone who likes the Mom and Pops range can get the flavour concentrates online, I've used the Five Layer and Pchelas Poison and they come out lovely at about 20-25% with an overall 70/30 mix @18mg.

The flavours from the alchemists cupboard are very sweet from my experience.

Would love a concentrate for Highbrows Cappuccino Diablo. That stuff is expensive!

I've mixed a bottle of five layer cake this morning, how long does it need to be left before it can be used?

I've mixed a bottle of five layer cake this morning, how long does it need to be left before it can be used?

I left it for a week the first time, giving it a bit of a shake daily.

The last time I used it after a couple of days and the flavour was very muted.

Leave it for as long as you can, really.

I left it for a week the first time, giving it a bit of a shake daily.

The last time I used it after a couple of days and the flavour was very muted.

Leave it for as long as you can, really.

That's good. I was hoping it didn't need two or three weeks.

Thx

That's good. I was hoping it didn't need two or three weeks.

Thx

If you bought it premixed before, then don't be shy with the flavour concentrate. 20% min.

If you bought it premixed before, then don't be shy with the flavour concentrate. 20% min.

I put 7ml in a 30mix, just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Little tip to prolong the life of your syringes , cut strips of celotape and do rings of celotape around the lenght of syringe, stops the numbers wearing off

masonchat wrote: »
    Little tip to prolong the life of your syringes , cut strips of celotape and do rings of celotape around the lenght of syringe, stops the numbers wearing off

Or go to the chemist and ask for a couple for giving your baby Calpol ;)

IF you have a 10ml one, just keep that for multiples of 10ml and the chemist will hand out 5ml ones no prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Or go to the chemist and ask for a couple for giving your baby Calpol ;)

IF you have a 10ml one, just keep that for multiples of 10ml and the chemist will hand out 5ml ones no prob.

chemist would ask who's baby have i abducted ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 happyvape

I have been vaping for a year,I tried mixing recently, I ordered from novocig. They had a DIY pack, and their flavors are great.
    http://novocig.com/store/E-juice-E-liquid/ecig-liquids/e-liquid-diy-pack

Advertisement