Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: February 7th 2014

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Drinking 1 pint is not going to make you do anything crazy. He'll have planned it beforehand. Obviously in the plan in his head, he didn't realise the current would be so strong or how freezing the water would be.

The game didn't make him jump into the river, there is no "dare" element to the game. The game is drink 1 pint and nominate 2 friends to drink 1 pint. Nothing more, nothing less. If someone adds something on, thats down to them, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual game.

i dont think you understand what the neknomination trend has evolved into. the drinking of the alcohol is only one element to it. the side act is what differentiates each one an people have tried to outdo eachother on the side act element, such as in this instance.

maybe research a little as i think you are convinced that neknominate is solely a case of knocking back your pint which maybe was the initial intentention .

if you fin it entertaining, and want to campaign against the family of this lad, go ahead. The truth is there is no legally enforceable way to ban these videos, the family are just pleading to people to use common sense.

so your game is safe in a legal sense but morally, i imagine it will be looked on with disgust by many henceforth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

this is the second time you have made such a ridiculous and horrible, not to mention uninformed and ignorant comment. gather some sense you troll.

I reported your opinions.

no i amnt, i never have nor will participate in such a nonsense activity. however you clearly have had a drink too many if you "genuinely" hold that opinion.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lads change the subject (or take it to PM).
    Stop reporting each other too.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

The game is drink 1 pint and nominate 2 friends to drink 1 pint. Nothing more, nothing less. If someone adds something on, thats down to them, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual game.

Well, to be fair, if that's all the 'game' consisted of, it would be a tad boring, so one can see why things have been getting more and more outrageous...

In that instance, then the law would be an ass. I'm not saying that the 'nominator' could consider themselves to be totally blameless - and certainly it's unwise to be carrying on with this 'game' - but.....if someone dared my children to do something, I doubt that I could hold them liable if the children went ahead and did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

The fact is the lad died because he jumped and drowned in the river, not because he necked a pint. Nobody is to blame for his death. Not the person who nominated him, not society either. He chose to jump in the river. Everybody has a choice we aren't talking about 11 year olds here. I sympathise with his family, my own beloved younger brother died a couple of years ago due to misadventure also. But nobody is to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think the core point about Rory O'Neill is that he slandered a number of people... Just because you are gay, doesnt mean that you can say whatever you want..

RTE set him up..it's actually on the record now...BoC asked him the question, Boc asked him to name names...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I think the core point about Rory O'Neill is that he slandered a number of people... Just because you are gay, doesnt mean that you can say whatever you want..

It's not slander if it's the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

It's talked to death because people keep missing bits and adding bits.
    He said their stance on Gay marriage rights was homophobic in that they (the Iona group) were saying one, (straight) set of rights was more important than the other.
    A little different than just calling anyone a homophobe without reasoning or explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,652 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lukesmom wrote: »
    The fact is the lad died because he jumped and drowned in the river, not because he necked a pint. Nobody is to blame for his death. Not the person who nominated him, not society either. He chose to jump in the river. Everybody has a choice we aren't talking about 11 year olds here. I sympathise with his family, my own beloved younger brother died a couple of years ago due to misadventure also. But nobody is to blame.

Were the brother and his girlfriend playing the game too? I mean why didn't they stop him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Were the brother and his girlfriend playing the game too? I mean why didn't they stop him

I don't have the answer to this, we will probably never know. I'm sure everybody involved will have some sort of regret but as I said he made the choice and now he has lost his life because of that choice. He may rest in peace but his family are left with the terrible burden of grief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That was the first question that came to my mind as well.. When his brother Patrick was straight on to Facebook to warn people about neknomination, he did not mention that he was actually with him when it happened. Was he there to video the thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

That was the first question that came to my mind as well.. When his brother Patrick was straight on to Facebook to warn people about neknomination, he did not mention that he was actually with him when it happened. Was he there to video the thing?
    found that strange myself

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm going to lock this up now, since it's no longer about the LLS show. There are several Neknominaton and Panti threads around the site if you want to continue discussing these topics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement