Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bosch - Amazon Studios

Comments

I have some bad news.

the ginger freckle-fest comes back? - oh no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

glasso wrote: »
    the ginger freckle-fest comes back? - oh no...

Up to episode 5
    she is an irrelevance so far, only briefly in it, but if anything she is more annoying now than she was last series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,895 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really enjoyed this season and it was a step up from the first.

theteal wrote: »
    This. I felt some of it was very cheaply done. Perhaps a bigger budget for this one. I'm still looking forward to this though.

don't think that it was down to the budget really. The serial-killer story was just poorly done, long-drawn out (how many times did they go back to the initial suspect's house) and frankly boring. (coupled with the annoying rookie ginger girlfriend of course).

finished season 2 - 10 episodes of 45 minutes each doesn't take too long.
    found it a lot better than season 1 - although maybe a lot of things tied together a bit too neatly near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Up to episode 9 of series 2 so far, really enjoying it. Was tempted to bypass after s1 but glad I didnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Loved this season. All of it. The ex gf wasn't in it at all really, which was kinda nice. Never liked that angle at all in S1.
    The partner (Marlo Stansfield from the wire) is such a good actor. He's got the midas touch. Solid storyline throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Really great TV, just finished Season two...plenty of material there for another couple of seasons
    I read Connellys books years ago....for anyone interested in crime writers he's one of the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Watched S01E01 last night.
    Have to say I thought the dialogue was terrible. in general, it feels really clichéd.
    My missus thought it was good, so we'll probably stay watching for a couple more episodes to see if it picks up.

Watched S01E01 last night.
    Have to say I thought the dialogue was terrible. in general, it feels really clichéd.
    My missus thought it was good, so we'll probably stay watching for a couple more episodes to see if it picks up.

tbh skip to season 2. you won't miss anything significant. season 2 is a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I would recommend sticking with it rather than jumping to season 2. There's little details that you'll miss out on, case details, backstory etc and if by half waythrough the first one you still dont like it, then you wont really like the second one.

I would recommend sticking with it rather than jumping to season 2. There's little details that you'll miss out on, case details, backstory etc and if by half waythrough the first one you still dont like it, then you wont really like the second one.

I disagree. you're much more likely imo to like the second season, even if you don't like the first one.
    Yes there is some backstory but you could read up on that on the web if you want and I don't think that it's all that important as one might think.
    I'd say then as a compromise - try the first season but if they don't like it at all then try the second season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Defo watch season 1, season 2 is better but all the backstory is there in 1...if it follows the story arc from the novels I read years ago you'll have a better 'read' of the characters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It has just been renewed for a third season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Finally finished this today, enjoyed the series but I thought it fizzled out, and seemed very hurried at the end after lots of build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

its back

I think you will find its not.. Why state something like that??
    Bosch season three expected march-may 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,544 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Amazon has renewed for season 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Amazon has renewed for season 4

Saw that earlier. Still not available on Amazon Ireland?

• Advertisement

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Saw that earlier. Still not available on Amazon Ireland?

Amazon video is only available in 4/5 regions around the world and it's highly doubtful it will every expand past those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Had they put season 3 on prime here I might have kept it (not the easiest series to get a good stream of) but they didn't even put season 2 on there at launch.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Had they put season 3 on prime here I might have kept it (not the easiest series to get a good stream of) but they didn't even put season 2 on there at launch.

I have no idea what is going on with Amazon, but you can watch Bosch season 2 with an Irish Prime Video membership if you go to amazon.co.uk instead of primevideo.com.

Season 3 is going to be based on The Black Echo the debut novel and A Darkness More Than Night which should bring McCaleb & McEvoy into the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Looking forward to S3, one of my fave shows of the last few years!

I assume the books are good, I cold do with a good read!?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

frag420 wrote: »
    I assume the books are good, I cold do with a good read!?

IMO they're top notch. He gets right into the politics, bureaucracy and interpersonal angles a lot, and I really enjoy that. A cop from San Francisco that I met once said that his books are still nowhere near 100% realistic, but they're the closest he's seen to a real-life depiction of the Homicide world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

fricatus wrote: »
    IMO they're top notch. He gets right into the politics, bureaucracy and interpersonal angles a lot, and I really enjoy that. A cop from San Francisco that I met once said that his books are still nowhere near 100% realistic, but they're the closest he's seen to a real-life depiction of the Homicide world.

I'm a big fan as well. I found one in a hostel years ago and got hooked. I've read them all and he's developed the character really well in the books over the years.

I've enjoyed the two seasons on TV too.

fricatus wrote: »

Downloaded book1 to kindle yesterday, going to get started today!!

Thanks for the rec,

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Any early buzz about the new season?

• Advertisement

Looking forward to tearing into S3 this weekend...

Watched the first two episodes this morning off to a really strong start.

Watched the first two episodes this morning off to a really strong start.

will check this out. hopefully with the stronger source material (e.g. "the black echo") this series will be better. series 1 and 2 were decent-ish but both had weaknesses for sure. although series 2 was bolstered by the presence of the tasty cougar Jeri Ryan. season 1 had the annoying ginger cop love interest. the daughter and ex-wife stuff is mostly irrelevant filler also I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Looks like I wasted my Amazon prime free trial thinking I could get season 3 of this in Ireland. Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Looks like I wasted my Amazon prime free trial thinking I could get season 3 of this in Ireland. Balls.

Dont know if its something to do with the free trial but its definitely available on the Irish version

have watched 4 episodes of this so far - even after less than half the way through I feel safe to say that it's the best series by far!
    one question - non-spoiler related- the film director guy (not the main story) - did that carry over from season 2 - I can't remember?

will check this out. hopefully with the stronger source material (e.g. "the black echo") this series will be better. series 1 and 2 were decent-ish but both had weaknesses for sure. although series 2 was bolstered by the presence of the tasty cougar Jeri Ryan. season 1 had the annoying ginger cop love interest. the daughter and ex-wife stuff is mostly irrelevant filler also I find.

The daughter /wife plot line may develop, it did in the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

have watched 4 episodes of this so far - even after less than half the way through I feel safe to say that it's the best series by far!
    one question - non-spoiler related- the film director guy (not the main story) - did that carry over from season 2 - I can't remember?

Watched first three eps last night and was wondering the same thing!

Loving it so far...Welliver is perfect for the role!

finished this- very good.
    great cast of characters - I just love any plot that has a menacing group of dangerously skilled guys with cool guns and knives as antagonists, couple with loads of stolen stuff from past-history military work. the other story I didn't like as much but it served a purpose. Also a bit heavy-handed just lobbing the over-arching long-time murder case back in to the frame towards the end of the run but overall by far the best of the 3 series so far. if you're new to this skip season 1 altogether as you may give up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I wish more TV shows were as good as Bosch, it's an amazing series. Season 3 was incredible.

Interesting how they updated the black echo story
    In the book it was Bosch who was a friend of meadows as fellow vets from the vietnam war.
    In the series Bosch is updated to a gulf war 1 vet, no connection to meadows who was in the post 9-11 Afghan and Iraq occupations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Four episodes in to S3 and really enjoying it. Have read all of the books to date so it's interesting to see them on screen. Brilliant show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

I'd give it an 8 ,fizzled.out a bit at the finish

Bosch has had a busy life

Son of a murdered prostitute ,care home ,special forces and homicide detective.Hes got a finger in every pie this season

Interesting how they updated the black echo story
    In the book it was Bosch who was a friend of meadows as fellow vets from the vietnam war.
    In the series Bosch is updated to a gulf war 1 vet, no connection to meadows who was in the post 9-11 Afghan and Iraq occupations.
    I'd give it an 8 ,fizzled.out a bit at the finish

Bosch has had a busy life

Son of a murdered prostitute ,care home ,special forces and homicide detective.Hes got a finger in every pie this season

They've had to condense the timeframe for TV. The first book was set in 1992 or thereabouts and Bosch was a Vietnam veteran. His mother had been killed in the early 60s. He was quite an experienced detective with a chequered history in the police force even in the first book. The back story was introduced gradually over a number of books. In the latest book he's in his mid 60s and retired from LAPD.

I think they've done a pretty good job overall and Welliver is a good choice to play Bosch.

They've had to condense the timeframe for TV. The first book was set in 1992 or thereabouts and Bosch was a Vietnam veteran. His mother had been killed in the early 60s. He was quite an experienced detective with a chequered history in the police force even in the first book. The back story was introduced gradually over a number of books. In the latest book he's in his mid 60s and retired from LAPD.

I think they've done a pretty good job overall and Welliver is a good choice to play Bosch.

they changed the timeframes as they wanted to set it in a current day timeframe - not to condense things per se. they just updated the dates.
    vietnam -> gulf war etc.
    1970's to 1990's

I agree with the other poster that they didn't fully maintain the momemtum but it was a very good effort overall.
    Again the second story about the film producer was a bit strained. The whole plot bit about Bosch being a suspect and going off-piste with the camera set-up was drawn out. him having the cameras in place was made such a big deal of by his partner - I didn't buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I thought that was a very ordinary season to be honest. The GI Joe ****e in the finale was weak, apparently a special forces commander can be overcome in about 10 seconds by a couple of digs and a choke hold.

Even going after him on the Island was ridiculous, all they had to do was wait for him to come back to the boat!

Season 4 starts April 13th and has been renewed for a 5th season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Please kill off the daughter

• Advertisement

last season was bit silly hope this one is better

Advertisement