Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Boyfriend

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

I would guess he wasn't consciously exploiting you, though the result is just the same really.

Thanks all for your comments. @blatantrereg I do actually agree with you there. At least I hope he wasn't consciously exploiting me but I don't think he realised or wanted to take responsibility for the running of the household, or the massive amount of pressure this put on me.
    I found it really hard with the mental illness side of it, I want to help and wanted to make life easier but I think ultimately I did him no favours by doing this, and this definitely did no favours for me.
    It's really difficult when mental illness is involved, as a non-sufferer I didn't know what the best approach was or how to really deal with it. But I guess there is only so much you can do to help someone and then they have to help themselves.
    Although I'm cut up about the break up I can't believe how much less stress and pressure I have in my life now. It really illuminates all that was wrong.

Advertisement