Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2014 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Infoanon wrote: »
    Cal Crutchlow has been confirmed at LCR Honda with Andrea Iannone to take his Ducati seat.

Rumours had been rife all morning that Cal would not be staying with Ducati just days after confirming he had taken up his option.

LCR also confirmed a new UK based sponsor.

Heard that this morning but taught it was just silly season speculation. I'd say he will be very quick on the Honda.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Iannone deserves it, he's often been the quickest Ducati.

Are LCR running two bikes, or is Bradl moving on?

Edit: wait a minute
    motogp.com wrote:
    Ducati Corse announced today that it has reached an agreement with its factory rider Cal Crutchlow to terminate, ahead of time, the contract that ties the British rider to the Italian team in MotoGP for 2014 and also for next season.

So Cal will be on a Honda next time out?

Life ain't always empty.

Iannone deserves it, he's often been the quickest Ducati.

Are LCR running two bikes, or is Bradl moving on?

Edit: wait a minute

So Cal will be on a Honda next time out?
    I'm pretty sure he is with Ducati until the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

h3000 wrote: »
    Heard that this morning but taught it was just silly season speculation. I'd say he will be very quick on the Honda.
    I can guarantee that he'll be faster on the Sat RCV then he was on the GP14.
    It'll be interesting to see where he is in relation to Redding on the same machinery, as long as Redding is running Ohlins/Brembo not Showa/Nissin.
    Where does Bradl go, Forward?
    IMO Cal was right to get out, he is demoralized and losing pace fast, look at how long it's taken Rossi and Hayden to get over that red period.
    Gigi might make a fast GP15 next year but I highly doubt its going to be beating Yamaha and Honda in the first year.
    Given its not even made yet and the first showing is rumoured to be in the Sepang test its a big gamble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I doubt anyone worth their salt will touch the Ducati with a bargepole in the next couple of years.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    I doubt anyone worth their salt will touch the Ducati with a bargepole in the next couple of years.
    If anyone was looking at the list of successful riders in MotoGP compared to riders that have been burnt by Ducati the list looks like:

Crutchlow
    Rossi WC
    Melandri Runner up to WC
    Hayden WC
    vs

Stoner WC

None of them could ride the red beast apart from Stoner in a season of flux and even he was going backwards in the end.
    I hear they pay well though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

CJhaughey wrote: »
    If anyone was looking at the list of successful riders in MotoGP compared to riders that have been burnt by Ducati the list looks like:

Crutchlow
    Rossi WC
    Melandri Runner up to WC
    Hayden WC
    vs

Stoner WC

None of them could ride the red beast apart from Stoner in a season of flux and even he was going backwards in the end.
    I hear they pay well though!
    Well the reason Crutchlow went was for the money. Allegedly. Couldn't blame him myself though, 300k a year at Tech3 vs 2m a year at Ducati.
    I've no doubt he'll do a lot better with a Honda under his arse.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Well the reason Crutchlow went was for the money. Allegedly. Couldn't blame him myself though, 300k a year at Tech3 vs 2m a year at Ducati.
    I've no doubt he'll do a lot better with a Honda under his arse.
    He has done very well out of the arrangement though, this years salary and probably some of next years as well by the looks of things, Ducati will have had to pay him out but will save 6-8m on the cost of running a third factory bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Infoanon

CJhaughey wrote: »
    He has done very well out of the arrangement though, this years salary and probably some of next years as well by the looks of things, Ducati will have had to pay him out but will save 6-8m on the cost of running a third factory bike.

Ducati are already running 3 Factory bikes - its possible that they may continue ro run 3 Factory Bikes, Pramac is now effectively an extension of the factory team.

Rumours persist that Iannone bike is a higher spec than Cals and Dovis bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Good move for Cal, another disasterous year on the Ducati might have ended with no top team wanting him. Better off ending it now. I'm guessing the new British sponsor at LCR might have helped too getting him in. Hope to see him challenging for some podiums next year.

• Advertisement

In my view he's done very well for himself .
    Whatever you may think about Cal, he has negotiated a very good deal.
    He's got out of the moving trainwreck that is Ducati Corse, and has been paid out by them instead of enduring another year of poor results and probably no offers at the end of 2015.
    He has also got arguably the best bike on the grid outside of the 4 Full factory machines.
    What rider has a better deal?
    This is last chance saloon for him though.

Stefan Bradl has signed for forward Yamaha racing - good move for both imho - Suzuki still to confirm and rumours abound about a second LCR !

Stefan Bradl has signed for forward Yamaha racing - good move for both imho - Suzuki still to confirm and rumours abound about a second LCR !
    Not another Factory bike though, Production Honda I would think.
    Chechinello was keen to run two Bikes but depending on finances being available
    Good move for Bradl, those Forward Yamaha's are pretty good as shown by AEspargaro, we'll see what he can do on that bearing in mind that they won't be running the Yamaha chassis next year but the FTR instead.

Jorge confirmed at Yamaha for 2015 and 2016.

Rumours have it that Jorge only wanted a one year contract. Pol wont be too happy either...

Aleix Espagaro had said that he is only interested in the Suzuki ride and has turned down other offers in the last few weeks.

Rumours have it that Jorge only wanted a one year contract. Pol wont be too happy either...

Aleix Espagaro had said that he is only interested in the Suzuki ride and has turned down other offers in the last few weeks.
    At least Suzuki have been a paddock presence for most of the time, they come in and out like the tide but they have won stuff in the past, what irks me is the like of KTM and BMW who won't support any factory teams but just want to sell equipment to privateer MotoGP teams.
    Whatever you can say about Honda and Yamaha they always put the machinery out there for themselves and satellite teams to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

It's a two year contract with an opt out option at the end of year one so Jorge got what he wanted out of the deal

Colin Edwards had confirmed that he is scheduled to do just 2 more races - Silverstone and Valencia - before he retires.

Rumour has it that Alex de Angelis will ride the Forward Yamaha at Brno next weekend.

Bradl was looking good there in qualifiying, seems to have good pace but can't keep it up over race distance.
    MM = Normal service resumed.
    Redding looking good on the proddy Honda.
    Camier looking very sharp for a MotoGP novice.
    Pedrosa not looking great here.

Looking forward to a good race here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

First 15 laps were great but all getting a bit too predictable after that. As long as Marquesz keeps her upright he's unbeatable.

USA.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Scotty # wrote: »
    First 15 laps were great but all getting a bit too predictable after that. As long as Marquesz keeps her upright he's unbeatable.

USA.jpg

The boy is just too good.

• Advertisement

Bradley Smith has been confirmed at Tech 3 for 2015 !

Brilliant Moto3 race at the moment.

If you want to get anyone interested in motorcycle racing get them to watch today's Moto3 at Brno. What a fooking race.

A tad embarrassing for rins.

h3000 wrote: »
    If you want to get anyone interested in motorcycle racing get them to watch today's Moto3 at Brno. What a fooking race.

A tad embarrassing for rins.

16, Sixteen ! ! fighting for the win , the team have taken responsibility apparently for Rins error - I remember Julian Simon doing the same in Barcelona in 2009.

The last lap was spectacular.

Moto GP wasn't too bad either, Iannone and Marquez bashing fairings ! Crazy Joe is really getting his act together.

16, Sixteen ! ! fighting for the win , the team have taken responsibility apparently for Rins error - I remember Julian Simon doing the same in Barcelona in 2009.

The last lap was spectacular.

Moto GP wasn't too bad either, Iannone and Marquez bashing fairings ! Crazy Joe is really getting his act together.

I think Rins took responsibility in the end.

I'm a fan of Marquez but I was delighted to see Crazy Joe stick it right back at him. Crazy Joe and Dovi will be a great pairing. Hopefully Gigi can work his magic and help Ducati finally sort the bike.

Scott Redding seems to have confirmed the Gresini Aprilla rumours in an interview on Crash.net.

Scott wants a Honda moto gp bike next year and Honda want him on a moto gp bike (as opposed to open class) from all reports.

More surprisingly is the news that Eugene Laverty and Jonathan Rea are in the running for the second LCR bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

319225.jpg

Jeremy Mc Williams is to ride in the Moto 2 race at Silverstone.

Jeremy will race on the Brough Superior bike which is debuting at the race.

Jeremy Mc Williams is to ride in the Moto 2 race at Silverstone.

Jeremy will race on the Brough Superior bike which is debuting at the race.

That's awesome. I'd love to see him put in a good result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I can't wait to see how he gets on. The bike looks great and Jeremy's got lots of experience. I just hope they have the reliability for a full race distance.

Advertisement